Menu

January 21, 2020

Charlize Theron Wore Givenchy Haute Couture To The 2020 Producers Guild Awards

Charlize Theron Wore Givenchy Haute Couture To The 2020 Producers Guild Awards

Prior to the 2020 SAG Awards, was the 31st Annual Producers Guild Awards, which took place at the Hollywood Palladium on Saturday (January 18) in Los Angeles, California, with Charlize Theron in attendance.

You weren’t fans of Charlize’s SAG Awards Givenchy Haute Couture look, and I stand in agreement.

It had potential to be a great look, but sadly fell flat.

That’s why I don’t understand why she didn’t save this Givenchy Fall 2019 Haute Couture black off-the-shoulder dress styled with a white satin bra for the SAGs, as it’s infinitely superior in my book.

Here she’s oozing that cool, effortless, elegant vibe I always expect from the South African actress.

Do you think she should’ve saved this for the SAGs?

A Givenchy clutch and Ana Khouri jewels completed her look.

Credit: Getty/Givenchy

, , , , , ,

Best Dressed Of The Week

Best Dressed Of The Week

Nicole Kidman Wore J. Mendel To The 2020 Producers Guild Awards

Nicole Kidman Wore J. Mendel To The 2020 Producers Guild Awards

17 Responses to Charlize Theron Wore Givenchy Haute Couture To The 2020 Producers Guild Awards

1. Guest January 25, 2020 at 4:39 pm #

I really want to like this but I’m just not liking the casualness, it looks like she’s trying to look relaxed while being physically restrained by her dropped sleeves.

2. Guest January 22, 2020 at 7:07 pm #

I do not like this but I can’t say why so I’m going to guess it’s the white part- looks like a boring tank top under a very nice dress.

3. Guest January 22, 2020 at 6:53 am #

I liked the SAG look and hate this one. Don’t like how it looks like 2 dresses in one, with one drooping down the other.

4. Guest January 21, 2020 at 11:25 pm #

It looks like she’s wearing two dresses at once. Pass.

5. JohnM219 January 21, 2020 at 5:31 pm #

Both dresses were just fine.

That being said, how far can “just fine” take you on the carpet.

6. Phee phee January 21, 2020 at 4:51 pm #

nope. not flattering at all. It looks like her dress is slipping off her body and revealing her bra. Its sloppy looking.

7. Originalmeme January 21, 2020 at 4:39 pm #

Oh Charlize, no. Fire your stylist.

8. Guest January 21, 2020 at 3:53 pm #

Well at least it isn’t Dior . I’m wondering if she asked LMVH to allow her to wear Givenchy as its in the same stable . I really don’t think you can blame her stylist . She is under contract to LMVH .

9. Guest January 21, 2020 at 3:44 pm #

Someone has definitely lost her mojo. The dress is not flattering at all. I do not like the pulled down sleeves (I can’t raise my arms) looks so this look was an uphill battle anyway.

10. Guest January 21, 2020 at 3:20 pm #

I actually liked her SAG look, but I enjoy this, too. She really seems to be moving away from the bombshell gowns for more directional pieces. I don’t think it’s always a homerun, but I’m into them, and it’s fun to see the journey.

11. Paola102 January 21, 2020 at 3:03 pm #

Isn’t it a bit too long? I don’t like the white bra. Too predictable. Something needs to change. Charlize’s last few outings were disappointing.

• Kat January 22, 2020 at 12:17 pm #

Looks like she’s lost her mojo a bit. I agree this is too long.
      That said – I think this is her best in a few weeks. I do enjoy that she’s rocking a Tilda-esque DGAF vibe.

12. P&P January 21, 2020 at 2:39 pm #

It’s better than the SAG outfit, but it’s still so boring and unflattering. She really lost her mojo.

13. KseniaBradner January 21, 2020 at 2:33 pm #

This is the most nothing Givenchy ever…they’ve had a terrible week. What was Leslie Fremar thinking.

14. Guest January 21, 2020 at 1:53 pm #

This is better than her SAG, mostly due to the off-the-shoulder part, it adds some coolness and modern drama, I’m not a fan of that white bra. Still, I think a lot more can be given to a woman like Charlize, she hasn’t been any remarkable. I’m on the “change the stylist” train.

15. Catarina_M January 21, 2020 at 1:47 pm #

I prefer this to the SAG’s look but, again, the hair felt short. She needs to make some changes in her glam team ASAP.

16. CharlotteLG January 21, 2020 at 1:41 pm #

I don’t find the dress flattering, as most of her last looks.
    I think she needs to change her stylist.