Menu

January 20, 2020

Jennifer Aniston In Christian Dior by John Galliano – 2020 SAG Awards

Jennifer Aniston In Christian Dior by John Galliano - 2020 SAG Awards

In an unexpected turn of events, Jennifer Aniston was not wearing black at the 2020 SAG Awards on Sunday (January 19) in LA.

Instead, she went to the exact opposite end of the spectrum in white.

To accept her Best Drama Actress award for ‘The Morning Show,’ she opted for a Christian Dior by John Galliano gown.

This silhouette will be nothing new although I think we will applaud her slight sidestep away from the norm.

That said, I would like to see more, a lot more from her, as this is still rather safe and standard — aside from the slinky fabric, which perhaps showcased why silky satin can be a tricky fabric for the red carpet.

Fred Leighton jewels completed her look.

Credit: Getty

Jennifer Lopez In Georges Hobeika Couture - 2020 SAG Awards

Jennifer Lopez In Georges Hobeika Couture – 2020 SAG Awards

Renée Zellweger In Maison Margiela Haute Couture -2020 SAG Awards

Renée Zellweger In Maison Margiela Haute Couture -2020 SAG Awards

46 Responses to Jennifer Aniston In Christian Dior by John Galliano – 2020 SAG Awards

1. Guest January 25, 2020 at 4:29 pm #

This errrrr looks better in that other picture. That’s all I will say. We won’t remember this view anyway in years to come (although I do feel a little traumatised).

2. Guest January 21, 2020 at 6:54 pm #

you can see her nipples in every single picture. its ridiculous, especially when you’re at a place like this. why not use covers?

3. Guest January 21, 2020 at 3:52 pm #

I agree that it’s a safe choice, but a beautiful one. She looks good. The cut of this slinky gown really flatters. Hopefully, she’ll continue to change it up.

4. MissCoco January 21, 2020 at 1:39 am #

One of my favourites. The fantastic fabric, the bias cut, the fit, the combination of subtle colours, shows that JG is a master couturier. Is an investment indeed.

5. Dominos January 20, 2020 at 6:30 pm #

Well she’s clearly ( and visibly) excited to be there. It suits her and she looks predictable but great.

6. Guest January 20, 2020 at 6:09 pm #

She looked amazing.

7. JohnM219 January 20, 2020 at 4:52 pm #

I do love how she owns this dress in her own personal collection and decided to wear it.

It’s a fine dress but I do wish she would have a bit more fun.

8. Mady1908 January 20, 2020 at 4:08 pm #

This is beautiful, but it is so dated and so expected. No, we expected to see it in black, but it’s always the same thing with her. Too bad because she is gorgeous!

9. Originalmeme January 20, 2020 at 3:22 pm #

A gorgeous vintage Galliano and a reminder of what beautiful clothes he designed. I think Jennifer look great though I wish her hair was up in a French bun.

10. Vizual Ninja January 20, 2020 at 1:46 pm #

Well, she had her ex’s attention lol. She looks fine, it’s like one miniature step of improvement with the colour but she still has a long way to go.

11. Sharon M January 20, 2020 at 12:54 pm #

Lovely…but has she never heard of nipple covers?

12. Guest January 20, 2020 at 12:34 pm #

This is simple, but she really stood out and shined in photos from the event. I like slinky silk dresses and her black gown at the Golden Globes was soooo boring.

13. nooyoo January 20, 2020 at 12:14 pm #

I LOVE this! I love that she didn’t wear black, I love her figure in it. I want this dress. I even don’t mind that this is the most Rachel Green look in the world, I am here for it.

14. Guest January 20, 2020 at 11:24 am #

Better than her usual.
    Which doesn’t say much.

15. Catarina_M January 20, 2020 at 9:48 am #

I like it better than another black dress. But the nipples…

16. Guest January 20, 2020 at 8:53 am #

Slinky fabric????? This is the legendary John Galliano’s bias cut dress.

17. Guest January 20, 2020 at 8:47 am #

Nice change of pace for her. Very reminiscent of the understated look of Carolyn Bessette-Kennedy’s wedding gown.

18. CharlotteLG January 20, 2020 at 8:27 am #

She looks lovely!

19. Guest January 20, 2020 at 8:11 am #

I know it’s the SAG awards, but I think some support around the bust would have helped. I don’t mind this otherwise.

20. Guest January 20, 2020 at 6:07 am #

Nipples. Really?

21. Guest January 20, 2020 at 5:44 am #

I think she is just lazy when it comes to dressing up for events. Anyway , the metallic white and cut is rather good.

22. Guest January 20, 2020 at 5:42 am #

thi is very understated but very beautfiul

23. Guest January 20, 2020 at 5:40 am #

i fell like jen is still stuck at the 90s and i loooove that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. Los_NGLS January 20, 2020 at 4:03 am #

Someone below said this was “dated”, and ummm, it’s literally vintage. (or archive? Catherine is there a # of years rule to separate archive and vintage, or can anything be archive?)

Not the most exciting, but it fits her beautifully, and it’s not black, and it’s by Galliano, and I worship him.

Also, MAYBE this will be the dress she wore the night she and Brad got back together… maybe ????

EDIT: So per Eni below, this is her own dress. Is it possible that she bought it while she and Brad were still together? Is this a secret message? Are mom and dad getting back together?!?

• JessHarps January 20, 2020 at 8:08 am #

Vintage is 20+ years. I suppose they meant the styling (or lack thereof) was dated as well as the dress?

• ? January 20, 2020 at 1:21 pm #

To my knowledge, archive is collection of clothes from over the years created and used for recording reasons. A collection like this can include vintage pieces. For example a collection from one brand with clothes from any time period or designer, a collection with clothes of only one designer, or an archive collection of a magazine with different brands like the Vogue archive.
      So a vintage piece can be also an archive piece if it comes from an archive collection.
      I might be completely wrong though ?
      Also JessHarps is right. Vintage is 20+ years. A piece from lets say 15 years ago, would normally be called retro, although retro is now used to describe vintage inspired clothes as well. Clothes from 5 years ago would jut be called old ?

anonymous as always

• Guest January 20, 2020 at 2:19 pm #

This is her own dress: “This is John Galliano for Christian Dior, this is a vintage dress that I sort of gave to myself as a present,” Jen revealed. “This is an investment. These are designers that are working for particular houses – I only have a couple.”

• Los_NGLS January 21, 2020 at 3:52 pm #

That makes it even more awesome! And she’s absolutely right. If she takes care of it, which she has more than enough money to do, she’ll have it for ages and be able to hand it down to any kids or other fam.

• Los_NGLS January 21, 2020 at 3:54 pm #

Thanks for such a thorough explanation!! I think I just have trouble considering anything that came into existence while I’ve been alive vintage, lol.

• ? January 21, 2020 at 4:05 pm #

Yeah, I know what you mean. I think my age crisis will strike once clothes I bought and wore as an adult (and can still wear) are qualified as vintage ?

ps. you are very much welcome!!! Hope I helped (and I that I remember correctly)!

25. KseniaBradner January 20, 2020 at 3:39 am #

Jennifer Aniston has terrible taste. But the real villain is her stylist, who offered this dated, unstylish, frumpy mess to her???

• Guest January 20, 2020 at 8:39 am #

Their names are Nina & Clare

• KseniaBradner January 20, 2020 at 2:07 pm #

That’s baffling because they have done an okay job with Kirsten Dunst and Jake Gyllenhaal.

26. Guest January 20, 2020 at 3:32 am #

Safe, but it was my favorite from the night! I’ve always been the biggest fan of John Galliano @ Dior and this was classic JG! Stood out from the rest and harks back to classic award shows from the past. Loved it

27. Guest January 20, 2020 at 3:27 am #

Well, it’s not black. Be careful what you wish for because you just might get it. I’ve been wishing to see Jennifer in something other than a black dress. But, if this is the other choice, please go back to black.

28. Guest January 20, 2020 at 2:59 am #

Nothing groundbreaking though she looks nice.

29. Guest January 20, 2020 at 2:53 am #

I think she looks gorgeous. The dress showcases her fab body.

30. Guest January 20, 2020 at 2:52 am #

Well, she’s consistent in her desire to free the nipple.

• Los_NGLS January 20, 2020 at 4:05 am #

?? she’s been the freer of nips for years!

31. Phee phee January 20, 2020 at 2:51 am #

hmm, im not so sure this is the best color for her. I mean, im glad its not black but this color doesn’t work.
    Altogether, it just seems lazy.

32. Guest January 20, 2020 at 2:47 am #

Listen, do I welcome the color change, yes! I wish she would’ve done something different to her hair but it’s nice. It’s very slinky and she has the body to carry it off but I just say when I was watching the show her chest was definitely saluting is! Again why not ☺️

• Guest January 20, 2020 at 2:48 am #

*US

33. JasLinds January 20, 2020 at 2:46 am #

Rather dated. I feel like she wore this kind of thing when she was still doing Friends.

• Guest January 20, 2020 at 7:18 pm #

Dated? It’s vintage Galliano for Dior.

• JasLinds January 21, 2020 at 12:58 am #

True, but she could have modernised with styling

34. Guest January 20, 2020 at 2:39 am #

This doesnt deserve a solo post