Menu

January 20, 2020

Jennifer Lopez In Georges Hobeika Couture – 2020 SAG Awards

Jennifer Lopez In Georges Hobeika Couture - 2020 SAG Awards

Jennifer Lopez left the leftover Christmas wrapping bows at home for the 2020 SAG Awards on Sunday (January 19) in LA. And, I think we are all singing ‘hallelujah’ for that.

Here’s the thing: Neck down, I would have never guessed this was J. Lo. But, I am in love with her return to a quieter, more subtle allure.

This Georges Hobeika Couture off-the-shoulder gown may have been just a black dress, but is was so much more than that. The graceful movement, the lyrical train, the exemplary right-kind-of-bow in the back — it was all sublime.

To up the ante even more, Harry Winston diamonds polished off the refined glamour of the ‘Hustlers’ actress and nominee’s look.

Credit: Getty

, , , , ,

Scarlett Johansson In Armani Prive - 2020 SAG Awards

Scarlett Johansson In Armani Prive – 2020 SAG Awards

Jennifer Aniston In Christian Dior by John Galliano - 2020 SAG Awards

Jennifer Aniston In Christian Dior by John Galliano – 2020 SAG Awards

22 Responses to Jennifer Lopez In Georges Hobeika Couture – 2020 SAG Awards

1. Noor January 28, 2020 at 7:09 am #

I like if she continue this way. It’s a good turn even though not that memorable.

2. Guest January 25, 2020 at 4:27 pm #

She brings the bling to make it sparkle, but I’m already over the straight jacket-sleeves. It’s gonna be a long season, won’t it?

3. Guest January 21, 2020 at 6:56 pm #

HER BEST LOOK YET!

4. JohnM219 January 20, 2020 at 4:53 pm #

Classic, thought a bit somber for Jen. You can tell she wanted to get the evening over with, as this is her last stop on the award circuit.

5. Paola102 January 20, 2020 at 3:00 pm #

Very classic, glamorous, back to the basics Hollywood look. She works it perfectly. Even the OTT jewelry…

6. Vizual Ninja January 20, 2020 at 1:49 pm #

I really love the dress and the I feel it finally strikes the right balance her and her team were obviously trying to achieve: JLO glam and classy. It’s a bummer about the hair though, it’s so distracting.

7. Nouran Maher January 20, 2020 at 12:15 pm #

LOVE the bow so very very much.

8. Guest January 20, 2020 at 10:35 am #

Jennifer continue to surprise me!
    This is a classic, yeat amazing, look from her.
    Tumbs up!

9. Catarina_M January 20, 2020 at 9:46 am #

I love it from the neck down, the hair and makeup not so much.

10. Guest January 20, 2020 at 8:33 am #

Just like what we are expecting from the Vanessa post. She’s wearing Georges Hobieka but hopefully in Oscar too. I am delighted to see her in this gorgeous gown. Little off with that hair but all in all she is serving allure.

11. Guest January 20, 2020 at 6:16 am #

An unexpected look!
    I just wish the hair was styled differently!

12. Guest January 20, 2020 at 5:47 am #

For me, the whole look got ruined because of those two ‘careless’ strands. Pity, because it could have been a really good look otherwise.

13. Los_NGLS January 20, 2020 at 5:31 am #

Very demure and classic, a truly beautiful gown. My only wish is that it wasn’t black. I don’t think I’ve ever seen Jennifer in anything black that was this flat and unembellished. She looks sad and it’s making me sad.

I truly hope that she ends up going to the Oscars and wears THE GOWN OF GOWNS!

(Also, she was robbed of an award tonight, she deserved it!)

EDIT: I’m convinced that she was crying at some point earlier in the day. I didn’t realize that this was the last awards show she was nominated at. (this season)
    ON A BRIGHTER NOTE, Vogue says, those HW diamonds= $9 million ??

14. KseniaBradner January 20, 2020 at 3:38 am #

Nice, even if it’s Hobeika. He’s upping his game for her.

15. Guest January 20, 2020 at 3:25 am #

Usually, Jennifer looks so much younger than she is. This makeup is having the opposite effect. I don’t find the dress very flattering. It is, dare I say it, a bit of a snoozer for her.

16. Guest January 20, 2020 at 2:52 am #

Beautiful and classic Hollywood. Her face looks great and I don’t think it’s that subdued, it’s a very low sexy back, there’s diamonds, there’s a huge bow, satin, a train, etc… Jlo is know for her variety of looks even though people always put her in the shiny tight outfits box, she does it all!

17. Phee phee January 20, 2020 at 2:46 am #

She looks good. very quiet and classic.
    Overall, she looks good. Its not memorable but it works.

18. Guest January 20, 2020 at 2:38 am #

She has toned her self down again.
    It’s a sleek black gown but it’s too tame for jlo’s standard

That makeup is awful.
    It makes her look like she’s been crying for days.
    And it shows her age.

19. lelaid January 20, 2020 at 2:38 am #

Reminds me a lot of the Hugo Boss dress Diane Kruger wore to the Venice Film Festival

20. Guest January 20, 2020 at 2:36 am #

Poor jlo, her award season run has sadly come to an end.
    No bafta nomination
    No oscar nomination
    She may attend the Grammys tho.

It’s so sad that we will never address jlo as “oscar nominated actress Jennifer Lopez “

21. Guest January 20, 2020 at 2:34 am #

I love the glam moment. Wish she had an Oscar nom for fashion’s sake

22. Guest January 20, 2020 at 2:32 am #

Neck down it’s good, neck up it’s so dated.