Menu

January 6, 2020 Runway To Red Carpet

Joey King In Iris van Herpen Haute Couture – 2020 Golden Globe Awards

Joey King In Iris van Herpen Haute Couture - 2020 Golden Globe Awards

Living up to her 2020 One-To-Watch status, Joey King impressed on the 2020 Golden Globe Awards red carpet on Sunday (January 5) in Beverly Hills, CA.

It’s only natural that ‘The King’ actress and nominee, who has successfully transitioned from child star to young starlet, is wearing our 2019 Designer of the Year: Iris van Herpen.

This Fall 2019 creation is fashion’s form of an optical illusion with its precise, sculpted form and fascinating line motif.

The shorter hem, finished by Jimmy Choo ‘Helix’ pumps, makes it feel youthful enough for Joey whilst also toeing the avant-garde line.

Harry Winston jewels completed her look.

Joey King In Iris van Herpen Haute Couture - 2020 Golden Globe Awards
Iris van Herpen Fall 2019 Haute Couture

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , , ,

Greta Gerwig In Proenza Schouler - 2020 Golden Globe Awards

Greta Gerwig In Proenza Schouler – 2020 Golden Globe Awards

Kaitlyn Dever In Valentino Haute Couture - 2020 Golden Globe Awards

Kaitlyn Dever In Valentino Haute Couture – 2020 Golden Globe Awards

24 Responses to Joey King In Iris van Herpen Haute Couture – 2020 Golden Globe Awards

1. Guest January 6, 2020 at 5:03 pm #

These dresses are so fantastic on their own that you really don’t have to do much to snag a red-carpet win, and I think that’s what she did here. I do wish that she had been more creative with the shoe choice.

2. Noor January 6, 2020 at 10:42 am #

I feel like I’ve see this pattern so often. It’s not a huge change but for her I like the way she has managed to look soo stunning. Can’t agree with the shoes, hair & make-up is on point.

3. Catarina_M January 6, 2020 at 9:10 am #

Ankles up, she looks amazing. This dress needs different shoes.

4. CharlotteLG January 6, 2020 at 8:23 am #

Nope, this doesn’t work on her and the shoes shouldn’t be near this dress!

5. Guest January 6, 2020 at 4:41 am #

While I like the dress on the model, I think it’s a little ill-fitting on her. I think it looks better on someone taller because of the proportions. Also, I think the Golden Globes was not the best event to wear such an avant garde piece, but I do give her credit for taking the risk. Hair and makeup were beautiful, though.

6. Guest January 6, 2020 at 3:56 am #

Iris van Herpen might have been innovative once upon a time, but her designs just read as so one-note nowadays. It’s one thing to have a signature “look”, a la Chanel or Armani, but another to be completely repetitive.

7. Jess Mara January 6, 2020 at 2:52 am #

what a good choice for her. I like the length and styling – though I have never been a big pan of white pumps they suit the look.

8. P&P January 6, 2020 at 1:49 am #

It’s always a joy when someone pulls off an Iris Van Herpen. She looks incredible.

9. alvarospain January 6, 2020 at 1:04 am #

PERFECT! I love this, the styling matches her.

10. Guest January 6, 2020 at 12:56 am #

Best dressed nominee. The length makes it even better because we’ve seen longer version of this dress. Her makeup is perfect. A sheer vision

11. Maya_S January 6, 2020 at 12:34 am #

I love the dress on her. I think Iris Van Herpen (and this line in particular) deserves all the hype. All the different types and versions of this vision we have seen on the red carpet is still amazing to behold. So I disagree strongly with dissing this just because it’s Iris Van Herpen.

the shoes could improve.

12. Guest January 6, 2020 at 12:31 am #

One to start my BDOTY contenders list with. Love the dress, I still like the distinctiveness of IVH as oppose to how interchangeable other designers work can end up looking. The only nitpick here is that I wish her shoes didn’t have ankle straps.

13. Guest January 6, 2020 at 12:29 am #

She’s too short to pull off this dress. Watching her in it on TV, you could see how off the fit was.

14. MissCoco January 6, 2020 at 12:24 am #

Love it! I think the dress is perfect, edgy and youthful and the styling is great.

15. lmkw January 6, 2020 at 12:22 am #

The dress is absolutely stunning. The shoes otoh not so much. But she looks lovely.

16. Guest January 6, 2020 at 12:22 am #

I love this dress and she looks gorgeous in it. A little disappointed in shoe choice, but they are passable.

17. Guest January 6, 2020 at 12:21 am #

Am I the only one suffering from iris van herpsen fatigue?

She looks out of place.
    This particular gown doesnt belong at the golden globes

Wish the gown was floor length.

18. Guest January 6, 2020 at 12:20 am #

Tired of this designer. I think nothing of it.

19. Phee phee January 6, 2020 at 12:19 am #

Stunning. This particular Iris was a perfect choice for her.
    great length for her youthfulness. The fit is really lovely and hangs off her body almost perfectly.
    The styling sets it off in a very classy way.
    Love it!!

20. SarahS95 January 6, 2020 at 12:18 am #

This is really impressive but i do wish she had worn more interesting shoes

21. Vizual Ninja January 6, 2020 at 12:18 am #

I kinda wish this was full length but maybe it would’ve taken away from the youthfulness she’s breathing into it. We all know IVH ain’t for everybody but she’s definitely holding her own.

22. Guest January 6, 2020 at 12:17 am #

Not again…I thought we left this in the past year, but I guess the obsession with van Herpen’s gowns is still going strong, it’s getting tiring to me. This particular one does work well on her though.

23. Guest January 6, 2020 at 12:16 am #

Standout, perfection, love it.

24. KseniaBradner January 6, 2020 at 12:14 am #

FC, I am sh-tting my fashion pants with delight! When Joey won the One To Watch Award recently, I said I hoped she’d be adventurous and less conservative, and Joey is giving me the bullseye I imagined for her.

Her styling is clean and lets the piece shine.

BDOTW.