Menu

December 24, 2019 Best Of

Designer Of The Year – Iris van Herpen

Prior to 2019, we had only seen Iris van Herpen on the red carpet a couple of times, but towards the end of this year, it felt like we were getting treated weekly.

Gwendoline Christie appeared to be the brands biggest champion.

I loved how the complex creations transformed into chic walking optical illusion on the left, and a ball of flames on right.

While Cara Delevingne, Indy Moore and Eva Green were all likely candidates to wear the Dutch designers beautiful creations, we did scratch our heads when Heidi Klum joined the party.

Credit: Getty & ©François GOIZE

Brand Ambassador Of The Year - Tilda Swinton x Haider Ackermann

Brand Ambassador Of The Year – Tilda Swinton x Haider Ackermann

Best Dressed Men of 2019 – Critics’ Choice

Best Dressed Men of 2019 – Critics’ Choice

6 Responses to Designer Of The Year – Iris van Herpen

1. Guest December 30, 2019 at 9:00 pm #

The fashion industry is so crowded right now so it’s so impressive how her designs are so individual and stand out so much, one is instantly able to identify IVH’s work.

2. KseniaBradner December 26, 2019 at 4:38 pm #

I am delighted the Dutch designer has finally landed in the mainstream. I hope FKA twigs wears her clothes soon.

Call me crazy, but I would to see Taylor Swift wear Iris van Herpen. Taylor would have to commit, but I think she could pull it off and that would be a HUGE win for the brand and be a delightful curveball in her style.

By the same token, I hope Iris van Herpen is much more selective about who wears her clothes. Heidi Klum wearing that gown was such a waste.

3. Guest December 26, 2019 at 7:24 am #

Agreed. She deserves this spot just because of this particular creation of hers.

4. JR December 25, 2019 at 5:50 am #

Can we please erase Heidi in IVH from our memory banks?

5. Guest December 25, 2019 at 12:13 am #

Gwendolyn Christie esp in the second look, stunning. Also amazing that Storm Reid could pull off IVH too as young as she is.

6. Phee phee December 24, 2019 at 11:41 pm #

Yup. Had to be IVH. I was surprised that celebs wore these designs so often and glad of it.