Menu

November 14, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Halsey In Nedo by Nedret Taciroglu – 2019 CMA Awards

Halsey In Nedo by Nedret Taciroglu - 2019 CMA Awards

Halsey made her mark at the 2019 CMA Awards on Wednesday (November 13), by collaborating, with Lady Antebellum at Nashville’s Bridgestone Arena to perform a genre-bending mashup, blending the trio’s ‘What If I Never Get Over You’ with the pop singer’s ‘Graveyard’.

The medley began with Lady Antebellum’s sombre ballad as Charles Kelley and Hillary Scott delivered the powerful first verse while Halsey’s stunning vocals joined in the second. All their voices united in the chorus before transitioning into ‘Graveyard’.

It wasn’t only the performance which was stunning, Halsey’s red carpet appearance was too.

Let’s face it, we’ve never really ever fallen in love with Halsey’s style, but on this occasion she blew me away wearing a rose-print Nedo by Nedret Taciroglu Fall 2019 chiffon gown.

I love how elegant she looks in this piece, with the lace sleeves adding a tinge of goth, which Halsey didn’t force, keeping her makeup fresh faced, and her hair styled in a sleek retro do.

Me, giving Halsey high praise for her red carpet look?

I never thought I would see the day. She looks beautiful.

Le Vian earrings and rings by Kallati and Misahara completed her look.

Nedo by Nedret Taciroglu Fall 2019

Credit: Nedo & Getty

, , , , , ,

Kacey Musgraves In Valentino - 2019 CMA Awards

Kacey Musgraves In Valentino – 2019 CMA Awards

Rita Ora Dazzled For Centrepoint's 50th Anniversary Gala In Cong Tri

Rita Ora Dazzled For Centrepoint’s 50th Anniversary Gala In Cong Tri

25 Responses to Halsey In Nedo by Nedret Taciroglu – 2019 CMA Awards

1. Guest November 15, 2019 at 11:35 am #

Wow, she looks beautiful! Love everything from the hair color to the lace sleeves. A real win for Halsey.

2. Guest November 15, 2019 at 4:50 am #

This is really beautiful, so dark and romantic.

3. Noor November 15, 2019 at 4:06 am #

This dress makes her look beautiful. She may not the best person to wear it, but I appreciate she has chosen it among all the right people.

I’m wowed by the florals. It’s a dreamy dress disturbed by lace sleeves.

4. Jess Mara November 15, 2019 at 2:35 am #

Best she’s probably ever looked but its still only a pass for me. The big hair is too much and I don’t like the big wide belt.

5. JasLinds November 15, 2019 at 1:39 am #

I don’t like this at all. On anyone else I don’t think we would like it either – the print resembles my grandma’s sofa. It doesn’t fit with her style. Maybe because the bar is set so low for her, we are pleasantly surprised when she looks decent.

6. Guest November 14, 2019 at 10:52 pm #

She looks soft and lovely but the matronly hair is taking it too far. Halsey style is so all over the place. I don’t know what to make of her.

7. Phee phee November 14, 2019 at 9:03 pm #

I love the dress and would of loved to see it on Emmy Rossum or Camilla Belle.
    Halsey just doesn’t quite work it. It looks costumey. It doesn’t fit her vibe and she looks like she knows it.
    I hate her usual looks but this is going too much to the other end.

8. Guest November 14, 2019 at 3:12 pm #

She does look beautiful, but to be honest, this just fails to excite me.

9. Guest November 14, 2019 at 2:52 pm #

I can’t stand these dresses that look like they are falling off and same for sleeves that make it look like the wearer can’t raise her arms. The print is awful. I don’t like Halsey’s style usually but here it looks like she was thinking “okay, you don’t like my style, let’s see what you think of the corniest look on the planet.” I think I like her better in her usual tacky style. That, at least, seems authentic.

10. Guest November 14, 2019 at 2:03 pm #

Sorry, big no! Her personal vibe doesn’t suit this gown, and the hair is a major problem. I’m also distracted by the tattoo on her left shoulder; I don’t mind ink but that looks very unfinished.
    I dislike the lace details on the arms as well. They look a bit disconnected to the whole look.

11. Guest November 14, 2019 at 1:55 pm #

She looks nice but it feels kinda disingenuous, just look at that wry smile. Like she’s playing dress up. I’d love to see this on Emmy Rossum, or Eva Green ♥️

• WhiteLady November 15, 2019 at 1:10 pm #

ooooh Eva Green would kill this!

12. Etude November 14, 2019 at 1:49 pm #

I love that she went with big, country hair! The print on the dress is so pretty I’m but not a huge fan of the bodices where everything looks like it’s going to fall down any moment.

13. Catarina_M November 14, 2019 at 1:21 pm #

She looks h2t amazing! What a change!

14. KseniaBradner November 14, 2019 at 1:20 pm #

This is a nice look but it’s very telling she or her stylist can’t get her bigger designers. You’d think Jean Paul Gaultier would dress her?

• Guest November 14, 2019 at 1:28 pm #

I think a lot of stylists are now branching out and more considering the outfit itself rather going on how ‘big’ a designer/brand is, when ambassador/contract roles or wearing fees are available they then go by the particular label.

• KseniaBradner November 14, 2019 at 3:06 pm #

There still is a hierarchy. Brands are happy to loan clothes and most celebs aren’t paid to wear a designer unless they have a contract, and contracts are usually only with big brands like Dior, Vuitton and Chanel etc. It’s fascinating to me that Kacey Musgraves has the keys to Valentino Couture or even Louis Vuitton if she wanted even if she’s not on contract, but Halsey doesn’t. My point was about who is deemed ‘worthy’ of wearing the best designers, the highest level of clothes, and who isn’t. It’s also fascinating because celebs like Halsey ALWAYS want the best, they ALWAYS want to rise up in the hierarchy. Maybe it’s just a case of not having the right stylist to convince brands or not having a powerful stylist who has earned access by default to be loaned the best designers, but that is odd considering how savvy and ambitious Halsey is, that she would hire a stylist who couldn’t get her the best. I’m saying that an artist like Halsey is all over the radio, and yet she’s still wearing C List designers.

• Guest November 14, 2019 at 3:13 pm #

Beyonce regularly doesn’t wear hot-off-the-runway outfits from the biggest designers or brands either. Maybe Halsey and her stylist genuinely thinks this is the best look for her regardless of who is interested in dressing her.

• KseniaBradner November 14, 2019 at 3:20 pm #

With due respect, Beyonce isn’t a good example because Beyonce deliberately uses her power to support new designers, especially new designers of color. Part of Beyonce’s brand these last 5 years is lifting up new artists, especially artists of color, and her fashion plays into that. Whereas other artists, even huge ones like Taylor Swift, don’t do that enough and certainly haven’t made that part of their brand. Why would they, especially artists not as powerful as Beyonce and Taylor, when they don’t already have Valentino Couture on speedial?

• Guest November 14, 2019 at 4:22 pm #

With due respect, Beyonce is an appropriate example. She and other stars wear smaller designers all the time. Halsey is necessarily trying to and doesn’t have to fit into one category of trying wear certain top designers. It’s just projection and speculation that she needs to be.

• KseniaBradner November 14, 2019 at 6:21 pm #

It’s not just about Beyonce wearing small designers that proves your point, it’s WHY she does it. Other celebs who don’t have the same power and influence Beyonce has wear small designers because they have to. Beyonce deliberately wears unknown designers as part of the broarder mission of her brand. Yes other celebs might do this with the same intention, but Beyonce’s power makes it a different case. Beyonce is not on the same level as Halsey. I’m not saying up-and-comers like Halsey “need” to, but it is curious that it doesn’t appear in her wider brand strategy to try to, or maybe she is and bigger designers don’t choose to dress her, which is part of the point I was making. Read Lainey Gossip if you don’t understand the politics of fashion and Hollywood because it’s tedious explaining it. Fashion isn’t just a dress; there are politics and hierarchies and strategies behind every single dress, every choice of stylist, of every single piece of jewelry. Fashion is part of career strategy.

• Guest November 14, 2019 at 6:34 pm #

Don’t patronize me. I understand there’s hierarchy and some cachet in certain labels, I’ve also seen that above mentioned article. I just said that approach was changing amongst some stylists.

15. Guest November 14, 2019 at 1:18 pm #

She looks great and possibly the best that I’ve (or we) seen from her.

16. Guest November 14, 2019 at 1:13 pm #

WOW! Halsey looks amazing in this beautiful dress. This is the best she’s ever looked. It helps that most of her silly tats are covered. BDOTW candidate.

17. Guest November 14, 2019 at 1:12 pm #

That she’s not in another of her skimpy, desperate- looking outfit so big positive but the hairstyle massively ages the look and gives a costume party feel.