Menu

November 12, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

2019 Glamour Women Of The Year Awards Red Carpet Roundup

There were many Hollywood celebrities who were in attendance at the annual 2019 Glamour Women Of The Year Awards, where they paid tribute to the women who were being honored at the event on Monday (November 11) in New York City.

Ava DuVernay:  As one of the honourees on the night, the Director put forth a commanding presence in this custom black multicoloured patchwork detailed dress by Greta Constantine.  This is her second custom look by the designer, and I have to say they are creating a beautiful union.

Trevor Noah:  The host of ‘The Daily Show’, presenting his close friend Yara Shahidi her award looking very dashing in midnight blue.

Danai Gurira: Following her fashion forward look from last week, ‘The Walking Dead’ actress switched gears wearing a pretty pattern frock from Tory Burch’s Spring 2020 collection.  We are well used to looks being worn out of season, but between the long sleeves and pretty ruffles you can’t knock this outing.

Tory Burch Spring 2020

‘Tis the season to wear sequins and there were plenty on display by these European beauties.

Karolina Kurkova:  I thought I was over my irrational fear of gold and silver being worn together, until this moment.  Mixing metals aside, I’m not excited about the overall fit of this Thom Browne Resort 2019 look.

Laura Whitmore: The Irish TV presenter was glided in gold wearing a Galvan Resort 2020 ‘Adela’ dress.  She also mixed her metals with a silver Anya Hindmarch ‘Crisp Packet’ clutch.

Jameela Jamil:  I love this Balmain Spring 2020 look for its extreme silhouette, but Jameela’s isn’t making it work for me.  Wearing her hair down was a bad idea. I hope this look gets a second outing on someone with a bit more edge like Rihanna or Lady Gaga.  I was going to say Zendaya, but that is unlikely, as Jameela and Zendaya share the same stylist.

Thom Browne Resort 2019
Galvan Resort 2020
Balmain Spring 2020

MJ Rodriguez: The actress wore the colour of the night – yellow -in custom Cong Tri.

Tamron Hall: The TV host wore a punch pink Molly Goddard Fall 2019 signature tulle dress. Our TV show hosts in the UK would never.

Molly Goddard Fall 2019

Anna Wintour: The Vogue editor was back to wearing Chanel Haute Couture, opting to wear the same top that we recently saw on Sofia Coppola.

Olivia Cooke: It’s also the season to work metallics, which is what Olivia does in this custom Markarian dress.

Olivia Palermo: The fashion editor wore a custom couture Monica Byrne Maison sheath dress which may not set your world on fire, but it’s very much in tune with her style of late.  My only surprise is that she’s not wearing a blazer with it.

Chanel Fall 2018 Haute Couture

Flaviana Matata: The model was looking very statuesque in Tom Ford Spring 2018.

Halima Aden: I’m usually a big fan of  Halima’s style, but there is too much going on here with her Tory Burch Spring 2020 look, and nothing is complementary.

Nyakim Gatwech: The South Sudanese-American model wore a House of CB orange dress which popped beautifully against her skin-tone.

Tom Ford Spring 2018
Tory Burch Spring 2020
House of CB

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

'Stranger Things' Season 3 New York Screening

‘Stranger Things’ Season 3 New York Screening

The Royals On Remembrance Weekend

The Royals On Remembrance Weekend

12 Responses to 2019 Glamour Women Of The Year Awards Red Carpet Roundup

1. Sharon M November 13, 2019 at 11:53 am #

Ava looks great. Karolina’s look would work well for me…without the messy white bits hanging below the skirt and jacket, including the cuffs.

2. Guest November 13, 2019 at 8:31 am #

Ava Duvernay ftw going away. Love. And pockets!

3. Guest November 13, 2019 at 7:38 am #

I really need to see Ava DuVernay’s arms

4. Guest November 13, 2019 at 5:30 am #

That is easily the least flattering thing I’ve ever seen Karolina Kurkova wear. It did look much better once she unbuttoned the blazer, but still. If it makes HER look frumpy, imagine what it would look like on a regular person.

5. Guest November 13, 2019 at 1:54 am #

High neck, long sleeves, snatched waist. You go, Ava

6. Guest November 12, 2019 at 9:45 pm #

What the heck is Karolina Kurkova wearing? It’s terrible. Ditto for Tamryn and Halima. Why is Danai weaseling a Spring dress in November?

7. Phee phee November 12, 2019 at 7:23 pm #

Oi. what a awful looking event overall, compared to the baby gala I just saw.
    Trevor is the only real winner.
    Flavinia is the best of the gals I suppose.
    Avas dress patterns are what ruins the look for me. Danai looks really bad, so frumpy.

8. Guest November 12, 2019 at 6:46 pm #

Danai is my favourite here. I too hope to the Balmain outfit Jamelia has on re-worn by someone with more swag and panache. I think I would the embroidered patch on Ava’s dress to be another block colour. It looks quite Prada-ish as is.

9. Guest November 12, 2019 at 6:38 pm #

I know for some she looks same-same, but I’m such a fan of Ava’s style. Much like Renee, if it works and you look great all the time, I’m game for it. I love this, too!

10. Paola102 November 12, 2019 at 6:35 pm #

There is definitely something going on with the photographer’s position/lens/lighting as most of these pictures have a weird vibe to them that would explain Charlize, Aja and Yara’s photos.
    that being said:

• Ava, Danai and Nyakim look great. Love Nyakim’s dress colour.
    • Jameela: what is was she /her stylist thinking?
    • Olivia Cooke: hairstyle from the 80s…
    • Olivia Palermo: tights with sandals, really?
  11. KseniaBradner November 12, 2019 at 6:21 pm #

Jameela is so out of her depth in that Balmain. She’s not a fashion-forward girl and that’s okay. Law Roach isn’t the right stylist for her, no idea why her publicist paired her with him, or Jameela’s own delusion in thinking he’s the right stylist for her.

Anna Wintour often ruins looks with her frumpass necklaces, it’s ironic.

12. Los_NGLS November 12, 2019 at 6:13 pm #

Long live Ava and her unfailing silhouette!! ????

Also really like Danai, MJ, and Flaviana!