Menu

November 12, 2019

The Royals On Remembrance Weekend

The Royals On Remembrance Weekend

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex were out over the weekend along with other members of the royal family to carry out duties related to Remembrance Day. On Saturday (November 9) they attended the Annual Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance in London. The following day (November 10) they paid their respects at the Remembrance Sunday memorial at The Cenotaph.

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge: Instead of straight black, she sported a navy dress that subtly showcased her whittled waist. Jimmy Choo ‘Romy’ pumps and a sparkly headband from Zara brought the look together in a refined high-low mash-up that was suitable for the event.

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex: In custom Erdem with Aquazzura Deneuve bow pointy toe pumps and Jessica McCormack ruby heart earrings this ensemble felt true to her style and showed her preference for a defined waist.

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge: Some might have expected Alexander McQueen, but she opted for her other favourite designers with a Catherine Walker coat and Philip Treacy hat. The military-inspired cording accented her poppy pin and the jacket’s high collar.

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex: The former actress wore another customised look, this time in a bespoke Stella McCartney wrap coat and Stephen Jones black wool bow-detail hat. The trimmed hat echoed the belt closure of the outerwear. The look was restrained and recalled style of decades gone by.

Credit: Getty

, , , ,

2019 Glamour Women Of The Year Awards Red Carpet Roundup

2019 Glamour Women Of The Year Awards Red Carpet Roundup

Anna Kendrick Was Wrapped Up In A Bow For The Disney + Premiere Of 'Noelle'

Anna Kendrick Was Wrapped Up In A Bow For The Disney + Premiere Of ‘Noelle’

31 Responses to The Royals On Remembrance Weekend

1. Didi N. March 6, 2020 at 2:14 am #

I’m in love with this color ! I completely agree that they look incredibly happy.
    the other look she was spotted leaving the hotel earlier is also really great, specially the pumps.

2. Guest November 18, 2019 at 4:32 pm #

Catherine is embodiment of what a Queen should project.
    Love her and this look.

3. Guest November 13, 2019 at 10:58 am #

I love kate’s first ensemble. The hairband is clever addition. The second one is too stern for my liking. I like meghan’s second one. Its suave and classy and neat. Got a good look from her for a long time.

4. Guest November 12, 2019 at 11:29 pm #

maybe i am biased because i love headbands, but kate looks gorgeous in the first outfit! the navy/black pairing looks very chic.
    in the second outfit she looks so serious and regal.
    I like how naturally she wears all kinds of hats and I appreciate the complicates hairstyles she pairs with them.
    As usual everything fits her like a glove, so props to her stylist!

As for Meghan, i really dislike the first look 🙁 the dress looks unflattering and I don’t like the fabric.
    And those shoes! i’ve never really liked them, but she tends to wear them often even when they just don’t go with her outfits. i think she should have chosen something less trendy and more adaptable as her go-to shoes.
    She does look good hair and makeup wise!
    As for the second outfit i’m not the biggest fan of that hat, but from what we can see she looks nice.

5. Guest November 12, 2019 at 11:06 pm #

I love this site so I hope this doesn’t come across as rude cause I know it takes a lot of work to put it together but thought you should know the use of those titles like that is incorrect.
    Calling someone X, Duchess of whatever implies that they were once married to the Duke but divorced and she hasn’t remarried.
    They are The Duchess of Cambridge/Sussex which means they’re currently married to to The Duke.
    It may sound silly but it changes the meaning completely and the “The” with capital letters is quite important.
    Say for example H or W divorced one of them. She would then be Meghan/Catherine, Duchess of Sussex/Cambridge (if they remarried they would actually loose it) and their new wife would be X, The Duchess of Cambridge/Sussex.
    Think for example Sarah Ferguson. She’s currently Sarah, Duchess of York but she used to be The Duchess of York.
    Sorry if you find this stupid or irrelevant, history and this kind of silly differences it’s just something I’m interested in.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards November 13, 2019 at 12:31 am #

Thanks for your comment. I wasn’t aware. At present I already lose of lot of traffic when I write about these two, as I don’t call them Meghan Markle and Kate Middleton like most publications do.

Even fan sites dedicated to each lady call them by MM & KM.

I think for consistently, it is better for me to continue as have done.

You weren’t rude at all. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

• Guest November 13, 2019 at 7:22 pm #

Could you put the traffic driving names in brackets after their proper titles? You’d get the increase in traffic and any title watchers can’t begrudge (too much). Regular readers and (hopefully all) new readers wouldn’t mind.
      Also, have you looked into ko-fi?

6. Maya_S November 12, 2019 at 10:18 pm #

Catherine’s coat looks amazing on her. Wow!!

7. Guest November 12, 2019 at 9:40 pm #

Kate is killing it in that gorgeous coat and hat. She loves looks like the future Queen Consort. So regal and composed

8. Los_NGLS November 12, 2019 at 9:19 pm #

Let me start off by saying that I am an HRH M DoS STAN if ever there was one! (Look at that beautiful face 😍😍)

And now, I would like to say that I hate these two looks from her. I LOVE the concept of the Erdem dress, it’s 60’s vibe, but that fabric, however luxurious, is far too thick to be pleated like that at the waist. It made a silhouette that could be beautifully flattering quite the opposite.

As for that hat, 🎵Where in the world is… 🎵 (this might be a very American, mid-to-older millennial reference, but hopefully someone gets it. 🙃)

Catherine and her batallion of dress coats and fascinators continue to perform marvelously, and I am very surprised the coat wasn’t McQueen.

9. ? November 12, 2019 at 9:10 pm #

I actually really like the first look of Kate’s, the navy blue and the headband give it a playful, preppy vibe I enjoy.
    But her second look… Oh my goodness! It’s simply amazing… The tailoring and fit of the coat are everything. She looks so regal.

anonymous as always

10. Los_NGLS November 12, 2019 at 9:09 pm #

Dear Duchess Meghan’s stylist –

• Los_NGLS November 12, 2019 at 9:22 pm #

Also wanted to add that perhaps Meghan’s dress could’ve benefited greatly from a slightly thicker/wider belt, and a softcore crinoline in the skirt.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards November 13, 2019 at 12:27 am #

It’s very McQueen-esqe I was very surprised.

• Jess Mara November 13, 2019 at 12:29 am #

I also thought it was McQueen when I saw it Sunday.

also Meghan’s hat is very much a Carmen Sandiego hat 🙂

• Los_NGLS November 13, 2019 at 4:59 pm #

yay, thank you for getting it 🙂

11. Guest November 12, 2019 at 9:09 pm #

I love the cut of Kate’s jacket, but the military references feel a bit costumey.

12. Guest November 12, 2019 at 9:05 pm #

I really adoree both Duchesses coat and hat looks. Catherine looks classic regal and Meghan looks very Audrey Hepburn – Breakfast at Tiffany’s period

13. Mady1908 November 12, 2019 at 8:54 pm #

I really love Meaghan’s outfits, she looks really elegant 😀

14. CharlotteLG November 12, 2019 at 8:30 pm #

I love Kate’s coat and Meghan’s hat!

15. Paola102 November 12, 2019 at 8:26 pm #

Megan’s dress is a more interesting with the collar and the design of the fabric. Kate’s dress is her usual.
    Megan’s second look is good, nice hat, soft makeup that suits the occasion.
    However, Kate’s coat and hat blows it out of the park! The design, fit, hair, hat, make-up…wow! One of her best looks ever.

16. P&P November 12, 2019 at 8:25 pm #

The Catherine Walker coat is AMAZING.

17. Guest November 12, 2019 at 7:57 pm #

The first outing I prefer Kate over Meghan. I think the volume under the belt on Meghan’s dress did not flatter her figure. I like the idea but did not like the execution. Second outing, Kate dress is gorgeous. I wish we could see the entire look. Meghan’s is nice. Nothing to write home about it.

18. KseniaBradner November 12, 2019 at 7:47 pm #

The coat outfits with the hats are much better. Kate’s hat and coat are STUNNING.

19. Phee phee November 12, 2019 at 7:27 pm #

That second pic of Catherine in that military inspired coat and that hat……she looks positively regal!!
    I have to say im just blown away by that pic. its so strong.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards November 12, 2019 at 7:43 pm #

One of my favourites from her. Wish I could’ve seen the full length. They way it snatched her waist

• Jess Mara November 13, 2019 at 12:27 am #

Yep! By far my favourite look over the weekend.
      Queen in waiting

• Guest November 13, 2019 at 3:23 am #

It does almost look like a scene from a movie, it gave a powerful impression.

20. Vizual Ninja November 12, 2019 at 7:14 pm #

Same for me, as Hannah. I prefer Meghans dress to Kate’ but love Kate’ coat and hat in the second pic. They both look great.

• Dominos November 12, 2019 at 10:19 pm #

I’m with you – split decision but they both look great and event appropriate.

21. _Hannah_ November 12, 2019 at 7:07 pm #

In the first outing I prefer Meghan look, love the neckline of the dress; and I think she looks really, really good.
    In the second – Kate’s coat is amazing and she looks very regal.