Menu

March 6, 2019

Front Row @ Louis Vuitton Fall 2019

Front Row @ Louis Vuitton Fall 2019

The front row at the Louis Vuitton Fall 2019 presentation on Tuesday (March 5) during Paris Fashion Week held no shortage of LV’s lovelies, donning all measures of the label.

Thandie Newton: I know I’m supposed to be focused on her outfit, which was remarkably fresh and effortless despite the busy patterns and blousy shapes, but her gorgeous curls took center stage.

Alicia Vikander: On the topic of hair, I think it was Alicia’s updo that made this look feel a bit more contrived than we might be accustomed for her. But, she still wore its primness well.

Emma Stone: This darling tweed coat dress may have been on the more subdued side, but it still spoke volumes with its Parisian-chic, French schoolgirl vibe — and I loved what it was saying on Emma.

Front Row @ Louis Vuitton Fall 2019

Natalia Vodianova: The sculpted shape and abstract patches on the jacket made this Asian-inspired ensemble take on a post-modernist vibe.

Nina Dobrev: I’m not sure the sweet printed blouse worked quite so well under this structured mini, as Nina didn’t look entirely at ease.

Jennifer Connelly: As unwieldy as this unorthodox look is, there’s something about the way Jennifer daringly commands the bulky sweater, tunic dress, and leather pants that’s rather engaging.

Front Row @ Louis Vuitton Fall 2019

Lea Seydoux: Lea also played with proportions in this vest and blouse combo — although it was a bit boxy, wouldn’t you agree?

Karlie Kloss: While this navy frock was right in tune with Karlie’s straightforward style, I wasn’t bored thanks to the sculpted shoulder detail and statement bag.

Emma Roberts: With the explosion of dizzying patterns here, I would have liked to see the starlet go for a more natural makeup look. The outfit had enough boldness as it were, without the added layer of garishness.

Front Row @ Louis Vuitton Fall 2019

Noomi Rapace: Even though the matching painter-swatch separates seem mildly absurd with the fur coat and bewitching booties, Noomi rocks it like it’s the most typical look ever.

Laura Harrier: If LV designed a school uniform it would look like this edgy leather and plaid moment — and everyone would want to wear it. Laura translated it seamlessly with the signature handbag and sock booties and, of course, her braids.

Willow Smith: Who knew that a T-shirt dress with wings and over-the-knee sneakers could look so cool.. only on Willow.

Chloe Grace Moretz: Although still plenty quirky, Chloe’s take on the colourful swatch pants and pointed boots was a more harmonious combination of the directional pieces.

Jaden Smith: This logo-forward, urban-lux look is par for the course when it comes to Jaden.

Credit: Getty

, , , , , , ,

Cate Blanchett In Gucci - Up Next Gala

Cate Blanchett In Gucci – Up Next Gala

Which Was Your Favourite Lady Gaga Awards Season Look?

Which Was Your Favourite Lady Gaga Awards Season Look?

32 Responses to Front Row @ Louis Vuitton Fall 2019

1. Guest April 8, 2019 at 2:33 pm #

Jennifer’s slouchy leather pants and the shoes on Alicia, Emma, Willow, Lea and Nina are all very ugly. Lea’s is so unflattering. Noomi’s and Emma’s clashing approach comes off as so fashion victim. The bottom row all look so try hard. Thandie and Laura look cool and quite effortless about it. The bottom of Natalia’s pants look cuffed but otherwise she sells the look.

2. Guest April 8, 2019 at 2:33 pm #

I have no words for all of this.

3. Guest April 8, 2019 at 2:33 pm #

Emma S. and Laura look good.
    Thandie and Jennifer are rocking their outfits and pulling off what is very hard to pull off.
    This is probably one of the first times I’m not liking one if Alicia’s looks.

4. Guest April 8, 2019 at 2:33 pm #

I think there should be a worst red carpet designer of the year and Louis Vuitton should definitely a contender for the title.

5. Guest April 8, 2019 at 2:33 pm #

Jennifer Connelly
    Chloe Grace Moretz
    Emma Roberts
    Noomi Rapace

WDOTY nominee!

6. Guest April 8, 2019 at 2:33 pm #

Emma Stone and Karli are fine.

Jennifer, Emma Roberts and Noomi look ridiculous. The rest is just a mess.

7. Guest April 8, 2019 at 2:33 pm #

Thandie Newton , Alicia Vikander,Jennifer Connelly, Emma Stone (although this a Michelle Williams look), and Laura Harrier look good.

Kate Young styling isnt working on Nina Dobrev, she looks uncomfortable very often.

Karlie Kloss has a very boring a style, specially for a model. She looks OK this time.

I don’t like Noomi’s outfit, but I’m particularly offended by Emma Roberts and Chloe Moretz.

8. Guest April 8, 2019 at 2:33 pm #

I like the top row and Natalia.

9. Guest April 8, 2019 at 2:33 pm #

Emma Stone is the only person who managed to inject a little life into these awful Louis Vuitton ensembles.

Like, she could’ve easily worn that outfit when she used to sit front row at Miu Miu.

10. Guest April 8, 2019 at 2:33 pm #

Facts: LV makes very ugly shoes. They never work for anyone.
    Emma looks nice, prim and proper.
    Jayden is actually my fave here. I don’t care for the bag but the jacket is great.
    Natalia’s outfit is quite bold but I like it.
    Alicia’s dress is not bad. Nice bag.
    Everybody else raanges from meh to straight up awful

11. Guest April 8, 2019 at 2:33 pm #

Alicia and Karlie.

12. Guest April 8, 2019 at 2:33 pm #

+1, very largely enforced by both their beauty looks being stuuuuunning

13. Guest April 8, 2019 at 2:33 pm #

Thandie and Jennifer won their looks without watering them down. Beautiful and commanding.

14. Guest April 8, 2019 at 2:33 pm #

Thandie looks great, cuffs up. Jaden looks good also. Alicia, Emma, and NIna look good. I am putting Jennifer and Emma on my WDOTY.

15. Guest April 8, 2019 at 2:33 pm #

I guess Emma Roberts’ look is LV’s take on Cruella de Vil?

16. Guest April 8, 2019 at 2:33 pm #

Not too many bad looks here so I think the standouts (to me) are Emma S., Alicia, Lea, Karlie and Thandie

17. Caroline March 7, 2019 at 2:33 pm #

Alicia and Karlie.

18. Amy March 7, 2019 at 7:24 am #

Facts: LV makes very ugly shoes. They never work for anyone.
    Emma looks nice, prim and proper.
    Natalia’s outfit is quite bold but I like it.
    Alicia’s dress is not bad. Nice bag.
    Everybody else raanges from meh to straight up awful

19. yo March 6, 2019 at 8:16 pm #

20. Fanny March 6, 2019 at 4:30 pm #

I like the top row and Natalia.

21. weiss March 6, 2019 at 2:45 pm #

22. meme March 6, 2019 at 2:42 pm #

Emma Stone and Karli are fine.

Jennifer, Emma Roberts and Noomi look ridiculous. The rest is just a mess.

23. Jerusa March 6, 2019 at 1:05 pm #

Jennifer Connelly
    Chloe Grace Moretz
    Emma Roberts
    Noomi Rapace

WDOTY nominee!

• TeaAtTwo March 6, 2019 at 5:54 pm #

24. Chris March 6, 2019 at 10:50 am #

Emma S. and Laura look good.
    This is probably one of the first times I’m not liking one if Alicia’s looks.

25. Catarina March 6, 2019 at 9:33 am #

I have no words for all of this.

26. TeaAtTwo March 6, 2019 at 8:28 am #

27. Lashae March 6, 2019 at 6:09 am #

28. cs March 6, 2019 at 6:05 am #

I guess Emma Roberts’ look is LV’s take on Cruella de Vil?

29. JHH March 6, 2019 at 3:56 am #