Menu

January 28, 2019

2019 SAG Awards Red Carpet Roundup

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features 2019 SAG Awards

The 2019 SAG Awards on Sunday evening (January 27) at The Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles, California featured countless head-turning looks.

Laverne Cox: The presenter was a beauty in red in slinky Zac Posen Resort 2019. The single chain on the front might have gotten lost with the silky drapery but it was made up for in the back of the gown with multiple strands.

Elizabeth McLaughlin: This blue J. Mendel dress complemented the American actress’s ginger hair beautifully, but the cutout with cummerbund waist reads as awkward.

Emily Osment: The ‘Young and Hungry’ actress was a lady in red. Her Rachel Gilbert gown had an Old Hollywood feel with the frill adding playfulness to the structured fabric. Atelier Swarovski accessories completed her look.

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features 2019 SAG Awards

Melissa McCarthy: The Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role nominee glittered in Iorane with Chopard jewels and Sam Edelman shoes. The V-neckline provided relief from the megawatt fabric.

Fiona Xie: This colourful Schiaparelli Fall 2018 Haute Couture gown didn’t go unnoticed. With the flowers and hairdo it’s veering into fairy costume territory. Jewelry by Hearts on Fire and Stuart Weitzman shoes completed her look.

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features 2019 SAG Awards

Sydney Sweeney: It was nice to see a Delpozo gown at the event, but it’s a shame the pale yellow on the Spring 2019 dress’s bodice sometimes reads as white.

Cara Santana: Her flowing Ermanno Scervino frock looked like bold blue waves. Giuseppe Zanotti shoes and Atelier Swarovski jewels heightened the drama, but the bun is throwing it off.

Sydelle Noel: The ‘Glow’ actress was no wallflower in her orange J. Mendel dress. It’s clear she felt confident in the bohemian style.

Melanie Liburd: The British beauty played with texture and pattern in Vivienne Westwood. The best thing about the bronze embellishment was the way it enhanced her complexion.

Samira Wiley: Clad in Georges Chakra Couture, the ‘Orange Is the New Black’ actress embraced a sultry darker mood. The slit and strappy neckline added some sass to the pleated style. Sophia Webster ‘Natalia Jumbo’ crystal platforms completed her look.

Glenn Close: ‘The Wife’ actress picked up her award in a crisp custom Ralph Lauren suit with Tyler Ellis clutch. It was effortlessly chic. Styling it sans blouse with bold jewels was a sensual and very glamorous surprise.

Stephanie Shepherd: The glinting black fabric on her Rasario dress brought a bewitching mood to the tiered style. It was a nice departure from the usual pastel frills.

Patricia Arquette: The Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Television Movie or Miniseries winner’s pristine white Christian Siriano gown had a surprise twist with the contrasting black cups. I fear some might read it as looking like a wardrobe malfunction, but it has intriguing potential.

Kirby Howell-Baptiste: The British ‘Killing Eve’ actress had a breath-taking moment in Monique Lhuillier. Magical and beautiful with a regal outlook, this was one of the best on the night. Dena Kemp jewels completed her look.

Credit: Getty

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Awkwafina In Mimi Plange - 2019 SAG Awards

Awkwafina In Mimi Plange – 2019 SAG Awards

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features 2019 SAG Awards Menswear

2019 SAG Awards Menswear Roundup

33 Responses to 2019 SAG Awards Red Carpet Roundup

1. Guest April 9, 2019 at 11:05 pm #

Love Melanie’s look

2. Guest April 9, 2019 at 11:05 pm #

Totally agree about Cara’s topknot. So very bad though that dress is gorgeous. And Fiona is wearing a fairy costume.

Glenn looks very elegant in that white suit. Personal Best for LaVerne who usually opts for lotsa skin and slits and boobage.

Samira looks fabulous as does Melanie though VW really has become one note for me. The bodice is always the same.

No to Sydney, Elizabeth and Sydelle.

Kirby’s dress is amazing and definitely one of the best of the night.

3. Guest April 9, 2019 at 11:05 pm #

WOW. Breathtaking Kirby.

4. Guest April 9, 2019 at 11:05 pm #

Personal best for Laverne. Fiona IS wearing a fairy costume. Love Cara’s dress but the topknot does take away from the look. Melanie looks great but VW is starting to feel one note to me. The bodice is always the same.

Love Samira. Glenn is super elegant and I hope she wears something spectacular to the Oscars.

Kirby’s dress is breathtaking. One of the best of the night.

5. Guest April 9, 2019 at 11:05 pm #

Wow, haven’t seen Emily Osment in a while and she looks Amazing! The fit of her dress is A+, the design simple yet striking and so flattering and her styling gets a gold star!
    Also, love Kirby’s dress but it is seriously brought down by her styling, a bit too much imo. Also, are these bows in her hair?
    Most everybody else looks fine, but nothing really outstanding.

6. Guest April 9, 2019 at 11:05 pm #

Everyone is doing pretty good here. Not into the fairy costume so much though.
    I think Im picking Sydelles as fave here. Its so flowy and light. And the color is lovely.

7. Guest April 9, 2019 at 11:05 pm #

Now that’s a cape I can get behind re Laverne!

8. Guest April 9, 2019 at 11:05 pm #

Wow so many great looks. I am partial to a gorgeous suit so I am going to have to choose Glenn as my fav but Lavern is a close 2nd.

9. Guest April 9, 2019 at 11:05 pm #

Patricia’s gown is custom Christian Siriano I believe.

10. Guest April 9, 2019 at 11:05 pm #

These are some really nice looks with my favorites being Emily and Stephanie.

11. Guest April 9, 2019 at 11:05 pm #

Laverne was too cute – https://www.gettyimages.ch/detail/nachrichtenfoto/laverne-cox-attends-the-25th-annual-screen-nachrichtenfoto/1125506396

I like the top row and everyone else also looks nicely turned it. Nice job everyone 😀

12. Guest April 9, 2019 at 11:05 pm #

Love the texture and pattern on Melanie Liburd’s Vivienne Westwood. I think Gemma Chan and Rachel Weisz were my favorites..

13. Guest April 9, 2019 at 11:05 pm #

Just saw Kirby added, she looks a gorgeous princess.

14. Guest April 9, 2019 at 11:05 pm #

I think Laverne had a personal best, her style usually reads as femininity from 15 years ago but her it’s a good look for her. My actual favourite looks here though are Cara, Melanie and Emily. I like Sydney’s dress too but maybe more for a different event.

15. Guest April 9, 2019 at 11:05 pm #

Emily Osment is my favourite here. Beautiful dress, great fit, great styling.

16. Guest April 9, 2019 at 11:05 pm #

Love Fiona, Sydney, Cara, Sydelle and Stephanie.

17. kane February 10, 2019 at 5:46 pm #

Now that’s a cape I can get behind re Laverne!

18. phee January 28, 2019 at 5:39 pm #

Everyone is doing pretty good here. Not into the fairy costume so much though.

19. Marie January 28, 2019 at 4:12 pm #

Most everybody else looks fine, but nothing really outstanding.

20. meme January 28, 2019 at 3:26 pm #

Kirby’s dress is breathtaking. One of the best of the night.

21. Caroline January 28, 2019 at 3:05 pm #

WOW. Breathtaking Kirby.

22. Luna January 28, 2019 at 12:36 pm #

Love Melanie’s look

23. Caroline January 28, 2019 at 10:02 am #

Love Fiona, Sydney, Cara, Sydelle and Stephanie.

24. Andrea January 28, 2019 at 9:03 am #

Emily Osment is my favourite here. Beautiful dress, great fit, great styling.

25. TeaAtTwo January 28, 2019 at 8:53 am #

• TeaAtTwo January 28, 2019 at 4:50 pm #

Just saw Kirby added, she looks a gorgeous princess.

26. Serena January 28, 2019 at 8:43 am #

27. Camilla January 28, 2019 at 7:50 am #

28. Lashae January 28, 2019 at 5:42 am #

These are some really nice looks with my favorites being Emily and Stephanie.

29. asha t. January 28, 2019 at 5:04 am #

Patricia’s gown is custom Christian Siriano I believe.

30. Amanda F January 28, 2019 at 4:17 am #