Zhang Ziyi In Giambattista Valli Couture – amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala

Zhang Ziyi In Giambattista Valli Couture - amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala

Zhang Ziyi took to the red carpet again this evening for the amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala held at Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc in Cap d’Antibes, France.

She wore a Giambattista Valli Spring 2013 Couture zebra print dress with a tulle black skirt draping from the peplum-like detail.

I was trying to figure out what was bothering me about the look — then I realised it was the skirt.

The black tulle skirt was equally distributed on the runway, but stops short at the front on Zhang, losing some of the allure of the runway piece as Zhang’s resembles a mullet dress.

Mouawad fine jewelery, Ferragamo black peep-toes with gold piping and a black clutch completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

18 thoughts on “Zhang Ziyi In Giambattista Valli Couture – amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala

1. MissCru

Thank you! This is the problem: the zebra print. If the bodice were different color off print, the dress would have been ok.

1. Gabby M

Its hard to look at any ensemble like this without thinkign about nina at the met now… that was epic… this is fail

2. Andrianto

I love Zhang ziyi modified the skirt tulle
    it shows her leg more , hence looking taller

3. Pablo

I sense Shang Ziyi is widening her fashion options this year and trying new things. Thumbs up for that, but she’s having some misses, which we’re not used to from her, like this one.

4. adrianak

She’s usually on point but I don’t like this look on her. It looks cheap and is obviously not.

5. Ariel

I like it on the runway, but not on ZZ. A different hair-do would be more appropriate. And I definitely hate these super-ugly and trashy chunky shoes that Chinese celebrities always wear! I have the feeling they wear one and the same model!

6. EmmaWoodhouse

Sorry, I tried, but now. Zebra print (tack-ay!) + tacked on black tulle + sheer skirt that ends just above the floor to reveal boring black shoes? Major no.