Menu

January 6, 2020 Runway To Red Carpet

Jennifer Lopez In Valentino Haute Couture – 2020 Golden Globe Awards

Jennifer Lopez In Valentino Haute Couture - 2020 Golden Globe Awards

Jennifer Lopez just showed us a fresh side to her style personality over the weekend, and I’m happy to say that she continued down that path for the 2020 Golden Globe Awards on Sunday (January 5) in Beverly Hills, CA.

She’s having a moment with the big-gown thing, and I’m not mad about it.

The ‘Hustlers’ actress and nominee opted to wrap herself like a giant gift topped with an enormous gold and emerald bow, put forth in this Valentino Haute Couture gown that was presented during their Beijing show.

Kaitlyn Dever wore a look from the same collection this evening — hers setting a completely different mood, though.

Only Harry Winston emerald jewels would do here — although I do question if the braided, crown-like updo wouldn’t have been better swapped for something a bit more relaxed. But, this is J. Lo we’re talking about.

Valentino Haute Couture

Credit: Elle.com & Getty

, , , , , , ,

Kirsten Dunst In Rodarte - 2020 Golden Globe Awards

Kirsten Dunst In Rodarte – 2020 Golden Globe Awards

Jennifer Aniston In Christian Dior Haute Couture - 2020 Golden Globe Awards

Jennifer Aniston In Christian Dior Haute Couture – 2020 Golden Globe Awards

59 Responses to Jennifer Lopez In Valentino Haute Couture – 2020 Golden Globe Awards

1. Guest January 6, 2020 at 8:06 pm #

Ugh, no… On the runway the gown looks so regal but Jennifer’s hair, makeup and styling completely cheapens it. The updo is too complicated, the jewels (although beautiful) completely unnecessary and I would’ve preferred a bold lip to heavy eye makeup. She’s also too short for it, I don’t like how the hemline creases and pools on the ground. Interestingly enough, I made many of the same comments last year regarding Lady Gaga’s look.

2. Paola102 January 6, 2020 at 7:35 pm #

The fabric is to die for, esp the skirt, and the finish is the high quality you expect from Valentino. I guess that is why so many people are on the fence.
    The colours are too reminiscent of Christmas especially this time of year…..
    imagine the bow in silver and instead of the green cerulean blue….

3. Guest January 6, 2020 at 7:18 pm #

I hate the hair

4. Guest January 6, 2020 at 6:20 pm #

the make up is really bad

5. Los_NGLS January 6, 2020 at 3:58 pm #

L O V E!!!

JLo is not going to let us down, trust! Might be my favorite of the night.

6. Originalmeme January 6, 2020 at 3:57 pm #

She looks like an unopened Christmas gift and I’m glad she lost.

7. Guest January 6, 2020 at 2:56 pm #

I want to love it, but…
    Its too much! Even for JLo.

8. Mady1908 January 6, 2020 at 2:06 pm #

I’m surprised but the more I look at it, the more I like it. This is usually not my kind of stuff, but it works on her. Pretty good effort.

9. Guest January 6, 2020 at 1:45 pm #

NOT
    HER
    DRESS!
    next.

10. Noor January 6, 2020 at 1:14 pm #

Reminds me of Deepika Padukone’s big bow moment of Cannes.

I like this on JLo. This one’s pretty good comparing to her past two looks. Shade of colors is so much on the theme. She had to go for the moonstone jewelry. Hair style gives her a matured face. No & Yes for her.

11. MissHebble January 6, 2020 at 1:02 pm #

Meeee too! Which is definitely not what I need on my first day back at work after Christmas 😂😭

12. Guest January 6, 2020 at 12:54 pm #

It looks so much better in the model!
    Too tight in the bust area and the colors look tacky on her. I really hope celebrities wear more pieces of this collection this awards season despite of this!! It was truly magical

13. Guest January 6, 2020 at 12:29 pm #

The first pic of this dress I saw was from the side and it looked stuffy and overwhelming. But this is actually nice from the front. I do feel the fabric is heavy . However it’s interesting enough. The hairstyle is too tight, aging.

14. Guest January 6, 2020 at 12:13 pm #

Apparently Jenny from The Block has now preferring big and bold gown to show off her DESIRE for the Oscar gold, like how low can you go MS DESPERADO!! Desperate for attention much, or still thinking Christmas is yet to be over? I would never sink my teeth into the festivities with this kind of giant bow wrapped up monstrosity, GROSS!! Darling I love you, but this is a NO BUENO senorita, NEXT!!

15. Guest January 6, 2020 at 10:47 am #

I love it

16. Catarina_M January 6, 2020 at 9:36 am #

I would like to see this dress without the green bow. She looks good, but all I can think about is Christmas presents.

17. Guest January 6, 2020 at 8:23 am #

I get that she wanted to go big tonight but this is perhaps too big?

18. Guest January 6, 2020 at 7:15 am #

I can’t find the picture but I swear this looks like a design from an ugly sweater. Jlo needs to get her money back

19. Guest January 6, 2020 at 4:40 am #

This is pretty campy. The over the top hair, dress. I’m sure I’m not the only person to say that it looks like a Christmas present. She usually is so strategic and this was a big misfire.

20. Guest January 6, 2020 at 4:31 am #

Leftover Christmas wrapping paper. Hate this. Like it better on the runway

21. Guest January 6, 2020 at 3:58 am #

At least we know Jlo will never be boring. Everyone is complaining about Jennifer Aniston being a snooze fest, Jlo keeps us on our toes. Seems like they were going for a 1950’s Hollywood glamour look but everything just went a tad bit too far. The bow is too large, the hair is too large, just a bit overdone. With that said, this is Jlo this is what she does and we love her for always committing 💯 percent and putting on a show. Thank you for always being entertaining and not boring.

22. Guest January 6, 2020 at 3:50 am #

I kinda like it, but I wish the gold and green bows to be in different colours.

23. Maya_S January 6, 2020 at 3:45 am #

She doesn’t look bad but that is the only good thing about this.

Also that necklace looked like it needed adjusting around her neck. Took me half the show to realize that was how it was supposed to look. What?

24. Guest January 6, 2020 at 3:42 am #

I can’t quite explain it but I wish she’d leaned into the tackiness more.

• Vizual Ninja January 6, 2020 at 3:50 am #

LOL!

25. StJosephCross January 6, 2020 at 3:24 am #

no j. lo, this was not the dress

26. Guest January 6, 2020 at 3:07 am #

Her makeup here is awful — too harsh and too much contouring. There is one one now too many and one color too many for my taste but I like the volume of the skirt. The bodice is putting in some work holding in her chest.

27. MissCoco January 6, 2020 at 2:27 am #

I can’tbelieve I’m going to say this about my beloved Valentino!!! But this is not good.

28. Jess Mara January 6, 2020 at 2:15 am #

The dress actually really works on her but I cant stand the prom queen braided hairstyle…. way OTT.
    I think with softer styling I would have had this as a potential best dressed but nope.

29. JR January 6, 2020 at 2:14 am #

Ouch. This one is painful.

30. Guest January 6, 2020 at 2:06 am #

Nope

31. Guest January 6, 2020 at 2:04 am #

Horrible

32. lelaid January 6, 2020 at 2:01 am #

Absolutely everything I wanted from J. Lo: excess, drama and glamour and I love every bit of it.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards January 6, 2020 at 6:33 am #

I’m not crazy about it – even though it is growing on me by the second – but I totally agree with you. ” J. Lo: excess, drama and glamour.” It is what we wanted, and she delivered.

33. Guest January 6, 2020 at 2:00 am #

Thank you JLo for wearing something so different! I was expecting the usual sparkly, sheer, metallic dress but this blew me away!

34. Guest January 6, 2020 at 1:54 am #

I’m enjoying the grandness of it and I like the gold and forest green but the bow design looks a bit too busy at the bodice. I’m unsure about the white skirt but I don’t know what would have worked better, a red might have been too chrismassy. An up-do was best but something not braided would have been preferred.

35. Guest January 6, 2020 at 1:53 am #

I kinda love it. She’s like a 1980’s St. Patrick’s Day float prom queen in a good way.

• Phee phee January 6, 2020 at 1:55 am #

that made me laugh!

36. P&P January 6, 2020 at 1:49 am #

Oh no 🙁

37. Vizual Ninja January 6, 2020 at 1:48 am #

I don’t like the skirt colour, and I wish she opted out of one thing; whether the necklace or that fierce bun. It is OTT and though it is JLO this a dress that already speaks loudly for itself.

38. Guest January 6, 2020 at 1:48 am #

She looks like she’s wearing a costume. I appreciate the effort but I can’t get behind this. It’s too much everywhere.

39. lmkw January 6, 2020 at 1:47 am #

If the skirt had been dark I might have liked it. As it stands, it looks like a fancy gift bag. The hair is dated. Sorry J-Lo, love ya but this is a miss.

40. Guest January 6, 2020 at 1:47 am #

I really appreciate that she took a risk and it certainly isn’t boring. I’m not entirely sold, though. Also unsure about the beauty look.

41. JasLinds January 6, 2020 at 1:46 am #

haha well she definitely brought it. The dress really works on her. The hair is so mismatched and dated and the makeup is a bit overly contoured for my liking.

42. KseniaBradner January 6, 2020 at 1:45 am #

I was expecting Valentino Couture of Jennifer and she delivered. This is gorgeous and still feels fresh on her. This definitely suits JLo’s girly part of her style, like her recent Richard Quinn look.

43. Guest January 6, 2020 at 1:45 am #

Love the dress. Hate the hair (shame on you Chris Appleton!!)

44. Guest January 6, 2020 at 1:44 am #

WOW, I’m floored! She is delivering! Loving the bold unusual design and I think her presentation is perfect (apart from perhaps slightly overly heavy eye makeup), she owns it! One of the most standout and memorable looks of the night, hands down.

45. Guest January 6, 2020 at 1:44 am #

Does she look tired in the pic?

46. Phee phee January 6, 2020 at 1:43 am #

The dress is kinda fun on her. I think its cheesy as heck but works for her vibe.
    I cannot get on board with her styling though. That hair took it ott. It does not fit in. The necklace certainly wasn’t needed either.

47. Guest January 6, 2020 at 1:40 am #

Oh no!This is wrong in so many levels.I never expected a dress to overwhelm Jlo.Also hairstyle is irrelevant to the dress.

48. Guest January 6, 2020 at 1:40 am #

A queen
    Best dressed of the night
    I love the gown. The drama, the colours etc.
    She looks like a winner.

I wish she would stop doing this beauty pageant miss world hair style. The beauty queen bun looks so severe and heavy.

• Guest January 6, 2020 at 1:56 am #

I guess we are in the minority here. I think JLo is totally killing it!

• Guest January 8, 2020 at 9:58 am #

Totally agree about the hair. It is so worn out at this point

49. Guest January 6, 2020 at 1:40 am #

This is a mess.

50. Guest January 6, 2020 at 1:38 am #

On her this is so so so terrible.