Menu

January 3, 2020 Runway To Red Carpet

Posted by Catherine Kallon
Jennifer Lopez Wore Richard Quinn To The 2019 Palm Springs International Film Festival Film Awards

And so it begins.

The start of Jennifer Lopez’s 2020 Awards Season run for ‘Hustlers’ at the 31st Annual Palm Springs International Film Festival Awards Gala on Thursday (January 2) in California.

This, for me, is the most highly anticipated of all the female nominees.

Why?  Because it is the first for Jennifer as a nominee. And there are so many possibilities when it comes to style direction.

We could have JLo, Twee Jennifer Lopez, Jennifer Lopez the actress, Jennifer Lopez the performer, and Jenny from the Block – which some will say is JLo, but I feel they are very different style-wise.

At this event we got a look at the softer side of Jennifer.

She’s done the big gown thing before at the 2015 Oscars, and for the ‘Second Act’ New York premiere, but floral gowns have never really been her thing.

So is this Richard Quinn Spring 2020 floral gown giving us the birth of Awards Season Jennifer Lopez?

Jenny from the Block would’ve added the feather bolero.

I have to say this is a stellar start for the actress.  While I didn’t expect this, I’m also not entirely surprised to see something totally different from her.

Sweet, without being too twee.

Djula rings, a pink lemonade satin Tyler Ellis clutch and matching pink Casadei patent leather ‘Blade’ pumps completed her look.

Richard Quinn Spring 2020

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , ,

Awards Season Dates

Awards Season Dates

Renée Zellweger Wore Jason Wu Collection To The 2019 Palm Springs International Film Festival Awards

33 Responses to Jennifer Lopez Wore Richard Quinn To The 2019 Palm Springs International Film Festival Awards

1. Paola102 January 6, 2020 at 3:13 pm #

if the dress was longer it would not have looked so stunted….also, the face, the stance and the demeanor don’t match the sweetness of the dress which is by all means beautiful.

2. ? January 5, 2020 at 3:19 pm #

Actually, this is her second Golden Globe nomination! She was nominated for “Selena” before

anonymous as always

3. Sharon M January 4, 2020 at 12:35 pm #

I like this, but her face and pose are terrible. Maybe the photographer caught her at an off moment.

4. Noor January 4, 2020 at 12:31 pm #

She may have expected a soft moment by try going out of her usual fashion era. I say ‘no.’ I can see the dress itself screaming ‘no.’

She looks lovely. I adore the pink pumps but she poses a powerful aura & her dress doesn’t have an enough strength to carry it. Perhaps with a different print and a loose hairstyle could help.

5. Guest January 3, 2020 at 10:55 pm #

If the skirt had been a column instead of a flare it would have been much better / more modern imo

6. alvarospain January 3, 2020 at 10:23 pm #

First BDOTY candidate! ?? Bravo! ??

7. Guest January 3, 2020 at 9:06 pm #

I’ve seen it from the back and she looks amazing but from the front the proportions aren’t that great.

8. Guest January 3, 2020 at 9:03 pm #

I think it would be 10x better if it hit the floor on the front half.

9. Guest January 3, 2020 at 8:13 pm #

She looks gorgeous face-wise and the styling is lovely. But that’s not her dress. I’m not sure it even really fits her, but also, it looks like a bridesmaid’s dress.

10. Maya January 3, 2020 at 7:29 pm #

The textile isn’t great and neither is the fit. I hardly expected Jenny to go full stagewear, but I hope she plays to her strengths more on Sunday.

11. Guest January 3, 2020 at 7:28 pm #

Well I really love this on her.

12. StJosephCross January 3, 2020 at 7:09 pm #

I love the idea, but wrong season

13. KseniaBradner January 3, 2020 at 7:02 pm #

JLo loves an A-line moment actually, so this is very keeping in tune with a part of her non-sequin style. This is very refreshing.

14. Phee phee January 3, 2020 at 6:29 pm #

O myyyy. This doesn’t work from her AT ALL. She’s trying her sexy face with an overly sweet innocent girl look. Its very mismatching.
    It also stunts her.
    The dress itself is lovely. But maybe on someone more like Elle or Sophia Carson.

15. Guest January 3, 2020 at 6:02 pm #

Gack! Noooooo. Pink, green and floral. And dyed to match pumps. *Averts eyes* Bedspread from the 80’s.

16. Guest January 3, 2020 at 3:49 pm #

I’m sorry, bit this IS twee, this would light up on someone like Lily Collins, for ex., It’s a no from me.

17. Los_NGLS January 3, 2020 at 3:19 pm #

I love this.

Jlo is an entertainer to the core, and regardless of the medium, or manner of expression, she will always perform to please her audience. This awards season’s upcoming JLo looks, whether soft or not, will be JLo continuing to ask us, “are you not entertained?”

• Los_NGLS January 3, 2020 at 9:13 pm #

Also worth noting…

18. Catarina_M January 3, 2020 at 3:09 pm #

Neither the makeup or the attitude match the tweeness of the dress.
    She can’t do effortlessly soft, she has a strong vibe and that translates always in her posture.

19. P&P January 3, 2020 at 3:03 pm #

The print is too old-fashioned for my tastes and she’s giving me major prom queen vibes.

20. CharlotteLG January 3, 2020 at 2:36 pm #

I don’t like this, the print is pretty bad and it doesn’t work on her.

21. Originalmeme January 3, 2020 at 2:30 pm #

Nope. This is way too prom like and sweet for Jennifer. She’s another one who thinks if she dresses demure she’ll win an Oscar.

22. Guest January 3, 2020 at 2:12 pm #

I like the look, it’s unexpected but welcomed change of pace (though she has done classic elegance before). It’s elegant and Jennifer herself stops it from feeling prim. I do however hope for bombshell/diva Jennifer to make an appearance during this film awards season.

23. Guest January 3, 2020 at 2:01 pm #

First Lady Gaga, then JLo.
    Whenever singers run for acting awards season they lost their edges.
    I mean, you don’t have to be a ‘good girl’ to prove you are an actress. If you are a singer you are what you are.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards January 3, 2020 at 2:07 pm #

It was always going to happen They want to appeal to the masses. Forgetting that their personas is the reason why we love them in the first place.

• Guest January 3, 2020 at 2:20 pm #

Coz the Oscar voters are still more white, male, above 40 or 50 yrs old. Also, these pop singer turned actress nominees want to give people the new image of being a serious actress, therefore the dresscode needs to be somewhat conservative during the awards season.

• Los_NGLS January 3, 2020 at 3:13 pm #

But why can’t they be “edgy” and soft too?
      Surely Gaga doesn’t spend her days in meat dresses and McQueen armadillo shoes. In JLo’s case, she’s been an actress as actively as she’s been a musician/performer most of her career.

They’re not “losing their edges”, their “edges” are multifaceted.

• JR January 3, 2020 at 4:44 pm #

It’s also an understanding of the events they are attending. It’s not the Grammys, it’s not the MTV awards. There is a dress code (either spoken or unspoken) and it’s respect for those events and that process. It seems crazy for “just awards” but it’s true.

24. Guest January 3, 2020 at 1:56 pm #

I am not buying this from Jennifer. The look is too bridesmaid/prom/preppy with the pink dyed-to-match looking pumps and clutch and the pink and green color scheme for her. It’s a no from me.

25. Dominos January 3, 2020 at 1:40 pm #

I don’t like this for her and if her face and body language are any indication neither does she. If she was going to go floral D&G would be a better fit.

• Guest January 3, 2020 at 1:41 pm #

Perfectly put. It makes her out so short and boxy.

26. Guest January 3, 2020 at 1:32 pm #

I think I was expecting ‘Jenny from the Bronx now has maids in Manhattan’ style direction for this awards season.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards January 3, 2020 at 2:07 pm #