Menu

December 19, 2019

Posted by Catherine Kallon
John Boyega Was Stylish In Blue For The 'Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker' LA & London Premiere

Much like his ‘Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker’ co-star Daisy Ridley, it’s been a busy week for John Boyega who also attended the world premiere in LA, and the London premiere last night.

World Premiere: This light blue suit sans tie felt rather refreshing to what could’ve been a black or navy suit.  This might be too summery for some, but the navy shoes help keep two feet firmly in Fall.  The look was styled with a Hublot Classic Fusion Chronograph Titanium racing grey watch.

London Premiere:  This look made me smile, as I reminded me many family gatherings where the males wear a colourful embroidered Agbada, which is a wide-sleeved robe traditionally worn by men in West Africa.  In John’s case, Nigeria.  This look was oozing with so much heritage, even more so due to the fact that this was created by a family member, Grace Boyega, who joined John on the red carpet.

We’ve seen many Indian, African and Asian women wear traditional eveningwear, so it was about time the gents levelled up before we entered the new decade.

Credit: Getty

, , , ,

Kim Kardashian Wore Rick Owens On The Ellen DeGeneres Show

Kim Kardashian Wore Rick Owens On The Ellen DeGeneres Show

Eva Longoria Wore Rami Al Ali Couture To The Global Gift Gala Dubai

Eva Longoria Wore Rami Al Ali Couture To The Global Gift Gala Dubai

16 Responses to John Boyega Was Stylish In Blue For The ‘Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker’ LA & London Premiere

1. Guest December 20, 2019 at 9:17 am #

Wow this was amazing. Best dressed Male of the year for me.

2. Catarina_M December 20, 2019 at 9:13 am #

He looks great in both looks and I love the family picture.

3. Guest December 20, 2019 at 4:24 am #

Wow, the 2nd looks like a late addition to BDMOTY list.

4. Guest December 20, 2019 at 12:27 am #

I was thinking of mentioning the purple look yesterday in an earlier post. I didn’t because I knew this would definitely be covered. This is such an unique look! Love the vibrant purple, also the way he honours his cultural background. This is definitely on my BDOTY men’s list!
    One thing I have to admit. I actually thought this is some special design from Givenchy yesterday…

5. Originalmeme December 19, 2019 at 10:26 pm #

He looks positively regal in the Agbada. I love it. He looks good in the suit but the trousers are too short. Good looking dude.

• Guest December 28, 2019 at 9:19 am #

That was the style I wanted to you know jazz up the traditional buba and shokoto

6. Guest December 19, 2019 at 10:13 pm #

The family pic is gorgeous.

7. _Hannah_ December 19, 2019 at 8:51 pm #

When I saw the first look, I thought it was great. And then I saw the second one and completely forgot about the first one. This Nigerian traditional outfit is so regal and powerful. Whole family looked stunning. I am so impressed.

8. Guest December 19, 2019 at 8:43 pm #

The world premiere look is ok and that’s mostly because of the lovely soft blue colour.
    The London look is awesome. The family pic makes me think of the #MelaninMagic and Wakanda forever sign.

9. Guest December 19, 2019 at 8:22 pm #

Both the looks are fantastic. the first suit looks fresh and is well fitted.
    the traditional is a whole new level. The colors are everything and I dig the shoes as well.

10. Guest December 19, 2019 at 8:02 pm #

I teared up with pride when I saw the picture of John and his family. So lovely to see. He looks great in both outfits.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards December 19, 2019 at 9:51 pm #

Me too. And I loved seeing him and Daisy together both in blue.

11. KseniaBradner December 19, 2019 at 7:46 pm #

I like the second look better, very regal. The first look is going for a more loose fit, but he looks better in more structured suits.

12. juiho December 19, 2019 at 7:18 pm #

The suit regale me….. the traditional garb is simply regal.

13. Guest December 19, 2019 at 7:17 pm #

Not crazy about the first look, but WOW John looks amazing in the second! What an amazing tribute to his heritage. And the pic of the whole family gave me goosebumps!

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards December 19, 2019 at 7:47 pm #

Same.. I get goosebumps every time I look at it.