Menu

December 6, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Priyanka Chopra’s Marrakech Film Festival East Meets West Style

It was a tale of two very different looks for Priyanka Chopra (much like her nuptials), who attended 2019 Marrakech International Film Festival  on day seven of the annual event on Thursday (December 5) in Morocco.

‘Conversation With…’:  This white matelassé single breasted suit from Prabal Gurung’s Spring 2020 collection is stunning, but the first thing to spring to my mind was “boxy.”  This trend isn’t for everyone.  The end result is that the suit looks too big on Priyanka, rather than the desired cool, oversized fit. However, this is better than the white suit she wore during Beautycon.

Tribute at Jemaa El Fna Place: Hands down, this is Priyanka’s best look of the week, maybe even this year. It’s very interesting to me to see the contrast in styles from Mimi Cuttrell’s suit, to this saree-licious moment that was curated by desi fashion stylist Ami Patel.

Her Abu Jani Sandeep Khosla ivory-gold saree is so rich in colour, detail and heritage.  Styled with complementary Lorraine Schwartz necklace, this was the iconic way to celebrate her two-decade career.

Reading a few comments on Indian fashion blogs, this second look wasn’t that well received, which surprised me.  So what are your thoughts on this look?

Prabal Gurung Spring 2020

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , , ,

Jennifer Lopez Switches Gears In David Koma On Jimmy Fallon

Jennifer Lopez Switches Gears In David Koma On Jimmy Fallon

Loewe Becomes Tilda Swinton's Go-To Designer For Marrakech Film Festival

Loewe Becomes Tilda Swinton’s Go-To Designer For Marrakech Film Festival

10 Responses to Priyanka Chopra’s Marrakech Film Festival East Meets West Style

1. Guest December 7, 2019 at 7:07 am #

I really think she needs to let go of Mimi.
    Also, with regards Indian Fashion blogs…. I genuinely question their technical ability to assess good from bad…. a lot of their comments are more of a popularity game, and especially when it comes to indian women wearing indian outfits abroad, they seem to adopt a purantical approach.

2. Guest December 7, 2019 at 5:53 am #

I would have really liked the second look if she had worn a sleeveless/noodlestrap blouse rather than an off-shoulder one. This look is a bit dated. But i love the necklace and the sari is beautiful.

3. Guest December 7, 2019 at 12:50 am #

The second look is absolutely stunning. One of her best ever looks. Love from head to toe.

4. Guest December 6, 2019 at 5:17 pm #

On Priyanka, the suit lost all the cool factor it had on the runway.
    The Khosla look is beautiful. The detail on the saree is exquisite.
    Actresses from Bollywood can get extreme reactions either way – I know that applies to entertainers/fans anywhere else in the world – so I’m wondering what the critiques were. Is this a poor sari in comparisons to other traditional saris?

5. CharlotteLG December 6, 2019 at 5:13 pm #

The first look is a bit dated, the second one is good, she looks beautiful.

6. Guest December 6, 2019 at 4:48 pm #

The pants go comically high in the first. The second is gorgeous

7. Guest December 6, 2019 at 4:37 pm #

Second look of course.
    I don’t understand why does the suit look so boxy on her, but not on the runway

• Guest December 6, 2019 at 7:50 pm #

Cause she is not model thin or model height.

8. KseniaBradner December 6, 2019 at 4:23 pm #

If Priyanka wore the white suit with the same vibe as the runway I’d like it. Her gold saree is gorgeous.

9. Guest December 6, 2019 at 3:50 pm #

I LOVE the second look! I think this style suits her so well, mu favourite outfit from her I think!