Menu

November 14, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

2019 CMA Awards Red Carpet Roundup

Posted by Catherine Kallon
Karen Fairchild of Little Big Town in Alex Perrry - 2019 CMA Awards

Here is a roundup of the ladies who joined Nicole Kidman, Reese Witherspoon, Kacey Musgraves and Halsey on the red carpet for the 2019 CMA Awards held at Bridgestone Arena on Wednesday (November 13) in Nashville, Tennessee.

Karen Fairchild of Little Big Town:  Now this is what I want to see at a County Music event.  A big dress, big shoulders, animal print and big hair.  The singer set the right tone for the event wearing an Alex Perry Fall 2019 cape-style gown.

Karen Fairchild of Little Big Town in Alex Perrry - 2019 CMA Awards
Alex Perry Fall 2019
Maren Morris in Honayda  -2019 CMA Awards

Maren Morris:  Could the pregnant singer have been dropping us a major hint with her baby-blue Honayda Spring 2020 two piece?  Earrings by Kallati and a Harry Kotlar ring completed her look.

Maren Morris in Honayda  -2019 CMA Awards
Honayda Spring 2020
Carrie Underwood in Yas Couture by Elie Madi - 2019 CMA Awards

Carrie Underwood:  I really thought the singer had turned a corner.  When it comes to this Elie Madi gown, you’ve gotta ask, “what’s right with it?”  Even if she had worn this with the cape styled like the runway it would still be a huge no from me.

Carrie Underwood in Yas Couture by Elie Madi - 2019 CMA Awards
Yas Couture by Elie Madi 2018
Pink in Julea Domani by Zeena Zaki  - 2019 CMA Awards

Pink:  I would’ve been more on board with this pumpkin spiced Julea Domani by Zeena Zaki dress had it not been for the fedora.

Hannah Brown in  Atelier Zuhra - 2019 CMA Awards

Hannah Brown:  The TV personality took a break from ‘Dancing with the Stars’ to present this fairy-tale moment in Atelier Zuhra.  I wish Carrie had worn this.

Hannah Brown in  Atelier Zuhra - 2019 CMA Awards
Atelier Zuhra Spring 2018
Danielle Bradbery in Hamel - 2019 CMA Awards

Danielle Bradbery: This is Hamel red gown is divine.  Danielle kept the look very simple and it worked. Prakshi and BAKTI jewels completed her look.

Brandi Carlile in Sanne - 2019 CMA Awards

Brandi Carlile:  This was one of my favourite looks from the event.  Mostly for the colour and animal print trims on her Sanne Savile Row suit, but also because it was so different from everyone else.  A Gucci blouse and Saint Laurent boots completed her look.

Gigi Hadid in Helmut Lang - 2019 CMA Awards

Gigi Hadid:  The model attended as a guest of Kacey Musgraves.  Who knew they were BFFs?  Gigi kept things uber simple in a white Helmut Lang fitted dress, adding some country flavour with matching cow-boy boots. Jewels from Graziela Gems, Melinda Maria, Established and Nouvel Heritage completed her look.

Gigi Hadid in Helmut Lang - 2019 CMA Awards
Helmut Lang Spring 2020
Kelsea Ballerini in Raisa Vanessa. - 2019 CMA Awards

Kelsea Ballerini:  The singer has a thing for two-pieces from Raisa Vanessa.  On this occasion the mint crop top and skirt from the Spring 2020 created maximum impact thanks to the embellishments. Christian Louboutin ‘Nosy’ sandals completed her look

Kelsea Ballerini in Raisa Vanessa. - 2019 CMA Awards
Raisa Vanessa Spring 2020
Miranda Lambert in Tony Ward - 2019 CMA Awards

Miranda Lambert:  It was legs and boobs for Miranda who looked ravishing in Tony Ward Spring 2020.

Miranda Lambert in Tony Ward - 2019 CMA Awards
Tony Ward Spring 2020
Jennifer Nettles 2019 CMA Awards

Jennifer Nettles: Without r saying a word, Jennifer Nettles made quite a statement wearing a white custom Christian Siriano suit with a hot pink train that read, “Play Our F****n Records. Please and Thank You,” to protest the lack of female voices heard on country radio. The back featured the words, “Equal Play.” The art was created by Alice Mizrachi.

Credit: Vogue.com, WWD & Getty

Rita Ora Dazzled For Centrepoint's 50th Anniversary Gala In Cong Tri

Rita Ora Dazzled For Centrepoint’s 50th Anniversary Gala In Cong Tri

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2019 CMA Awards?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2019 CMA Awards?

17 Responses to 2019 CMA Awards Red Carpet Roundup

1. Sharon M November 15, 2019 at 12:22 pm #

I like Hannah’s dress, but it needed to be shortened, Danielle and Gigi. Also Kelsea. Jennifer’s suit without the train…the message is positive, but the train is awful.

2. Guest November 15, 2019 at 11:40 am #

Obsessed with Brandi’s suit especially the fit and animal print! My favorite!

3. Guest November 15, 2019 at 7:06 am #

Karen Fairchild, love, brassy, fun and yeah, I love the sleeves and the print. Also love Jennifer Nettles suit and sentiments although the design of the letters seems like an afterthought, distracting instead of eye catching to me…

4. Jess Mara November 15, 2019 at 2:47 am #

Danielle and Brandi are my winners. The rest are either dated, too sheer or just too much (all of which is probably expected at the CMAs)

5. Guest November 14, 2019 at 10:48 pm #

Hanna looks like a A Lister. Great look.
    Danielle deserves a solo post with that dress. On point.
    Miranda’s dress is promising but could be better.
    Carrie Underwood’s dress is a cheap mess. Looks like fashionnova.

6. Guest November 14, 2019 at 10:47 pm #

all lovely except Pink & Carrie.

7. Phee phee November 14, 2019 at 9:21 pm #

Karen and Maren and Carrie look awfully dated. So does Miranda. awful looks.

Hannah looks wonderful. Beautiful dress. So does Gigi. And Danielle.
    Those 3 look terrific.

Brandi and Pink look costumey and silly.
    Jennifer just looks sloppy.

• WhiteLady November 15, 2019 at 3:25 pm #

Agree with you on everything except Brandi, I thought she looked great if not for the shoes.
      I think Danielle needed some colour on her lips. If not matching the dress (my preferred option), at least a sheer wash of red

8. alvarospain November 14, 2019 at 8:40 pm #

Danielle is the best here.

9. Guest November 14, 2019 at 8:00 pm #

Overall, a good-looking carpet! I like Miranda’s fuchsia a lot! Belinda, Maren, Karen, Danielle, Hannah, and Kelsea all look good, too.

10. Guest November 14, 2019 at 7:34 pm #

Kelsea, Hannah and Brandi are my picks my picks from this round up. I wish Jennifer had found a chicer way to make her point.

11. Guest November 14, 2019 at 7:21 pm #

Jennifer Nettles is wearing Christian Siriano – saw on his instagram!

12. Guest November 14, 2019 at 6:37 pm #

I don’t listen to country radio, but to this outsider, the female country singers are the bigger stars so I don’t get Jennifer’s statement. In the last two decades, the ladies have been a big deal, at least from where I view.

PS: Dear Santa, I want Carrie’s legs for Christmas. LOL

13. Etude November 14, 2019 at 6:03 pm #

I love the color and pattern on Miranda’s gown but the design is awkward on her.

14. Laurie Helen November 14, 2019 at 4:53 pm #

Karen is pure country and ?.

Love Hannah and Danielle. Could do without seeing Gigi’s bra but she looks good.

Carrie looks overwrought, as usual. Don’t like the color of Pink’s dress and the hat is hiddy

15. Guest November 14, 2019 at 4:53 pm #

Ouch, the first look in this roundup is beyond tacky and sets the tone so at least I had zero expectations for the rest. Coming full circle, Jennifer’s statement piece is horrible. Carrie’s look is dated, tacky, and cheap looking, but no surprise there. All the rest are dated or meh but at least Brandi was on brand. Hannah is the winner here but the competition was not fierce.

16. Guest November 14, 2019 at 4:31 pm #

Hannah and Danielle for the win here.

Gigi and Pink were a big fail for me. Everyone else at least tried to be fashionable.