Menu

November 8, 2019

Kate Mara and Maggie Gyllenhaal co-hosted the Ovarian Cancer Research Alliance’s Style Lab, a fundraiser on Thursday (November 7) which was held at New York’s Gotham Hall.

Many celebrities have contributed to the online auction.

Oprah has donated her Theia sequin dress worn to the New York premiere of Lee Daniels’ ‘The Butler.’

Julia Roberts has donated the green Salvatore Ferragamo suit she wore to Rita Wilson’s Hollywood Walk of Fame ceremony and Uma Thurman donated her Giuseppe Zanotti leather jacket worn during Cannes.

The auction runs until Sunday.

Kate Mara:  I would say this is a very Kate Mara style dress.  Her sister loves LBDs and headbands, while Kate loves a  preppy Miu Miu minis.  The look was made all the more charming with the embellishments which were matched with her complementary Miu Miu accessories.  Would you like to see Kate switch up  her style? As many seem to have a strong wish that Rooney would.

Maggie Gyllenhaal:  The fabric doesn’t hold out too well, but I love the style and hue of this green Martin Grant dress. The designer is known for his sculpturally inspired silhouettes which translates here on the mutton sleeves.

Credit: Getty

, , , ,

Sofia Carson's High-Low Giambattista Valli Gown For The 'Frozen 2' LA Premiere

Sofia Carson’s High-Low Giambattista Valli Gown For The ‘Frozen 2’ LA Premiere

SAG-AFTRA Foundation's 4th Annual Patron of the Artists Awards

SAG-AFTRA Foundation’s 4th Annual Patron of the Artists Awards

7 Responses to Ovarian Cancer Research Alliance Presents Style Lab with Kate Mara & Maggie Gyllenhaal

1. Guest November 8, 2019 at 7:58 pm #

Maggie really needs a steamer, such a shame. Kate is so boring and not a fan of the shoes with this look.

2. Guest November 8, 2019 at 6:40 pm #

Tired of Kate and her twee little dresses. I would love Maggie’s dress in a fabric that didn’t wrinkle so much. I love the design.

3. Guest November 8, 2019 at 5:24 pm #

Kate looks repetitively boring. Maggie’s dress needs a steam and some pumps in plum or mustard would have been nice.

4. Guest November 8, 2019 at 5:18 pm #

As I’ve always said… for me Kate Mara can do little (no) wrong. She looks impeccable and I will take that each and every time.

5. Paola102 November 8, 2019 at 5:11 pm #

The green dress could have been so nice….between the creases and the slouchy boots, it’s too casual for me. Creases are just unforgivable!

6. Guest November 8, 2019 at 4:55 pm #

As usual I yawn when I see either of the Rooney sisters. Maggie’s dress is very elegant and lovely but as usually she looks a bit rumpled/sloppy. That’s her thing so whatever.

7. KseniaBradner November 8, 2019 at 4:21 pm #

Kate Mara sticks to what works for her: short Miu Miu or Valentino minis. I don’t expect anything different from her.

I am disappointed by the creases in Maggie’s green Martin Grant. I really want the Aussie designer to be worn more, and weak showings like this don’t do him any favors. How did Maggie’s stylist Erin Walsh not do a last-minute steam?