Menu

November 7, 2019

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge was out Thursday (November 7), looking as immaculate as ever as attending the launch of the National Emergencies Trust (NET), which is an independent charity that will provide an emergency response to disasters in the UK.

The windswept Duchess was looking very royal in royal blue wearing a belted dress by Emilia Wickstead, which is a brand new dress for Catherine for this new season.

Usually Catherine matches her dress to her accessories, but on this occasion she opted for black Jimmy Choo ‘Romy’ pumps and Aspinal x Beulah Blue Heart clutch.

What did match her dress was her sapphire drop earrings that match her engagement ring, which previously belonged to her late mother-in-law Princess Diana.

Eagle-eyed Royal fans noticed how Catherine has altered the earrings by removing diamonds.

Credit: Getty

Shop the look

, , , ,

2020 Met Gala Theme & Celebrity Co-Chairs

2020 Met Gala Theme & Celebrity Co-Chairs

Kim Kardashian's New Take On The Canadian Tuxedo For The WSJ. Magazine 2019 Innovator Awards

Kim Kardashian’s New Take On The Canadian Tuxedo For The WSJ. Magazine 2019 Innovator Awards

16 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge Was A Royal In Royal Blue For The Launch Of The National Emergencies Trust

1. Mady1908 November 11, 2019 at 9:39 am #

This is classic Kate and that’s what is boring to me. This is very beautiful but it stays… just classic. Beautiful colour, the styling is meh, I was excited lately but this is far from being one of my favourites.

2. Guest November 8, 2019 at 12:32 pm #

Too simple IMO.

Yes – the color is good, the fit is great, I don’t even mind the accessories, but this could have easily been H&M dress on a regular person in the street on a daily basis.
    I expect a bit more from a royal at formal events.

However, still happy that it’s not a coat dress. šŸ™‚

3. Jess Mara November 8, 2019 at 12:56 am #

This is such a lovely look for her. She knows what works and the fit as always is impeccable.

4. Guest November 7, 2019 at 9:14 pm #

She knows what works on her. Kate looks lovely and I have major hair envy.

• Jess Mara November 8, 2019 at 12:57 am #

As someone with thin dead straight hair – I completely agree!!

5. malluu November 7, 2019 at 7:57 pm #

It’s classic Kate, polished and event appropriate if a bit same-y.

6. Etude November 7, 2019 at 7:38 pm #

There was a thread in a forum I was just on, where they showed how many dresses Kate has in this color that look almost exactly like this, it had to be 8 or 10!
    I think she knows what’s looks good on her and what looks appropriate for her position and is sticking to it. I wish she’d worn her hair away from her poppy so you could see it but otherwise she looks great

7. Phee phee November 7, 2019 at 7:35 pm #

Perfect dress for her. She looks terrific. Great fit.
    The shoes are meh but overall, this is a win!

8. Guest November 7, 2019 at 7:22 pm #

She looks great. I am not crazy about the black shoes and clutch but that is minor. Impeccable fit + Gorgeous hair + Nice makeup = A Win.

9. Paola102 November 7, 2019 at 6:00 pm #

She’s staying away from coat dresses, which is a win. Love the colour. She looks classy and professional as usual.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards November 8, 2019 at 7:56 am #

Agreed, they age her

10. Guest November 7, 2019 at 5:53 pm #

she looks great as usual, simple and professional
    I love this shade of blue on her!
    i’m not a big fan of the black accessories though

11. Guest November 7, 2019 at 5:50 pm #

I would have preferred matching blue shoes and clutch than black and less of a blow out hair but she looks good overall and event appropriate as always.

12. KseniaBradner November 7, 2019 at 5:35 pm #

Very nice. Emilia Wickstead is a good designer for her, as is Erdem, and even Huishan Zhang.