Menu

October 16, 2019

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex Joined In Royal Green Day For The WellChild Awards

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex Joined In Royal Green Day For The WellChild Awards

Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex attended the WellChild Awards held at the Royal Lancaster Hotel on Tuesday (October 15) in London.

It appears that Tuesday was the day for royals to wear green, as Meghan followed in the footsteps of her in-laws wearing this green fitted dress from Parosh

This is a recycled dress, as the royal first wore it back in 2017 when the couple announced their engagement.

On this occasion she styled the look with a chic Sentaler camel coat and Manonlo Blahnik suede pumps.

What really stood out was the Montunas ‘Guaria’ bag.

Mostly because of the scarf detail.

The tortoise acetate accessories doesn’t fit the usual royal mould, but I love that it’s so unexpected.

Credit: Getty

Shop the look

, , ,

Lupita Nyong'o's Style Was On Point For Her Early Morning Promo Tour For 'Sulwe'

Lupita Nyong’o’s Style Was On Point For Her Early Morning Promo Tour For ‘Sulwe’

Maude Apatow's Rodarte Ruffled Floral-Beaded Tulle Dress

Maude Apatow’s Rodarte Ruffled Floral-Beaded Tulle Dress

24 Responses to Meghan, Duchess of Sussex Joined In Royal Green Day For The WellChild Awards

1. _Hannah_ October 17, 2019 at 2:20 pm #

I think she looks lovely. This colour suits her, the accessories are great, especially the bag, makeup and hair also very nice. It’s a really good look.

2. Guest October 17, 2019 at 12:14 pm #

So here’s the thing- I like all the different aspects of the look individually but when put together, it just doesn’t look cohesive.

3. Guest October 17, 2019 at 12:10 pm #

Covet that coat though I hate the way she’s wearing it. Put the thing on. I don’t think she looks all that chic.

4. Catarina_M October 17, 2019 at 9:12 am #

I like it. She looks elegant and chic. I’m dieing for that coat and bag.

5. Guest October 17, 2019 at 8:10 am #

It seems we’ve soo many forest green or camel/beige pieces from her already. Even plum and cream would be a bit departure

6. Guest October 17, 2019 at 1:08 am #

Not flattering. She really needs a stylist

• Guest October 19, 2019 at 4:37 am #

She has one. And this is the result every time. LOL

7. Guest October 16, 2019 at 10:16 pm #

I don’t share the excitement on this.
    She looks affected (I hate coats hanging like this) and not quite right for the occasion.
    I do like the scarf detail.

• Guest October 17, 2019 at 5:30 pm #

Affected? How is this outfit not appropriate for the occasion exactly?

• Guest October 18, 2019 at 9:27 am #

I just think it’s more of a daytime office outfit, à la Amal Clooney, and to me it looks affected because she doesn’t look comfortable and at ease with her coat like that.
      Different opinions are allowed, there’s no need to be this defensive, it’s not that serious.
      Have a nice day!

• Guest October 18, 2019 at 12:07 pm #

It’s impossible to take these comments seriously. I mean clearly she looks very uncomfortable.

8. Los_NGLS October 16, 2019 at 8:56 pm #

We got a color!
    Sure a repeat, but still a color! I don’t remember (or I wasn’t paying attention), but did Duchess Catherine repeat so many looks this early in her ‘royal tenure’
    Also, and I suppose no one can really answer this but I’ll throw it out there anyway, does Catherine get more of a clothing allowance because she’s the future Queen (consort)?

• Guest October 17, 2019 at 5:57 am #

I think the DoS was probably affected by the media scrutiny over the cost of her wardrobe. I personally find the scrutiny to be unjustified given how extensive and expensive other royal wardrobes are whereas the DoS was just starting to build her work wardrobe. In any case she looks wonderful.

• Los_NGLS October 17, 2019 at 2:00 pm #

Ah yes the good ol’ British media. The American media (in general) is no better, but I don’t recall them being unkind to her or any of the royals really (except maybe Andrew, recently).

• Guest October 18, 2019 at 12:10 am #

Actually, I find the heightened scrutiny towards the Duke and Duchess very strange given the recent revelations with Prince Andrew. Somehow the Duchesses’ wardrobe is more outrageous than Prince Andrew’s (alleged) moral transgressions?

Anyhow this is a fashion blog so I apologize for going off topic. It was just something that boggles me.

• Los_NGLS October 18, 2019 at 2:33 pm #

I completely agree, it is mind boggling.

9. Guest October 16, 2019 at 8:53 pm #

They both look quite nice. Simple and well styled.

10. Guest October 16, 2019 at 7:56 pm #

I love this, is chic and elegant. I specially like how the bag puts everything together.

By the way, Is just me or brown footwear is a becoming a thing this season?

11. Guest October 16, 2019 at 7:42 pm #

I love that both duchesses have their own unique style. I also respect Meghann for not trying to “out Princess” the future Queen. I feel like after going “full duchess” early on with her “blush era” she has settled into a more modern style that’s true to herself. This looks fresh and the color suits hers very well.

12. Guest October 16, 2019 at 7:00 pm #

love the colors, love the bag, but as shown in other photographs it simply does not fit.

13. Mady1908 October 16, 2019 at 6:58 pm #

This colour looks gorgeous on her. I can’t help but loving her very simple style. The accessories are beautiful, especially this bag 🙂
    This is flattering and very nice.

14. Dominos October 16, 2019 at 6:55 pm #

Love the dress, the green is gorgeous but my fav are the accessories and the way the bag plays off the pumps. Hair, makeup and that smile – great as always.

15. Guest October 16, 2019 at 6:37 pm #

She looks nice. Finally she is wearing something that is flattering. However, I would ditch that bow in the mid section as it is distracting.

16. Paola102 October 16, 2019 at 6:32 pm #

Very chic. She looks lovely and happy. The coat is to die for!
    Her bag is quite interesting, I do love the scarf detail. It adds a bit of colour to the look.