Menu

October 15, 2019

The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge Are Gorgeous In Green In Islamabad

The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge Are Gorgeous In Green In Islamabad

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attended a special reception hosted by the British High Commissioner Thomas Drew, at the Pakistan National Monument, during day two of their royal tour of Pakistan on Tuesday (October 15) in Islamabad, Pakistan.

I’m not entirely sure if the couple are going to top this before the tour ends, so let saviour ever inch of this.

Usually I’m all about Catherine, but it’s Will that for a moment drew my focus. Usually he is in all navy, or black for formal evening events.

On this occasion he matching his beautiful wife wearing a traditional sherwani by local designer Naushemian by Nauman Arfeen.

I love the impressive detailings such as the embroidered collar, cuffs and designers signature nine buttons for a little bit of flare.

It’s just a teeny, tiny shame that the trousers were an inch too long.

Onto Catherine.

If this isn’t a regal outing, I don’t know what is.

I’m so excited to see her back in Jenny Packham sequins with a traditional touch via the matching dupatta. (I’m learning so much this week).

Another local touch were her earrings from O’nitaa, with Jimmy Choo ‘Mimi’ sandals completing the look.

Credit: Getty

Shop the look

, , , , , , , ,

Lizzy Caplan Was Looking Peachy At The ‘Castle Rock’ Season 2 Premiere

Lizzy Caplan Was Looking Peachy At The ‘Castle Rock’ Season 2 Premiere

Cardi B Talks Fashion In Sally LaPointe At The Vogue Forces Of Fashion Event

Cardi B Talks Fashion In Sally LaPointe At The Vogue Forces Of Fashion Event

40 Responses to The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge Are Gorgeous In Green In Islamabad

1. Mady1908 October 16, 2019 at 7:17 pm #

Usually, Kate isn’t my cup of tea. I don’t really like her style but on this tour, she mixed up things, changed a little, and I have to say it is really interesting.
    This outfit is absolutely gorgeous, she looks fabulous and I love that Prince William coordinated with her and used some traditional outfits.

Great change of style from both of them.

2. Phee phee October 16, 2019 at 9:53 am #

I love them both. They look so good. So pro and regal.

3. Catarina_M October 16, 2019 at 8:03 am #

Love it. Green is Kate’s colour. And William stepped outside the box and won it, he looks great. Both for BDOTW.

4. Noor October 16, 2019 at 5:06 am #

I went through the images of their tour. Girls could have a lot to learn from Kate.

5. Guest October 16, 2019 at 1:59 am #

Looking good, but honestly I don’t love it like many of you do, prob because I’m not too keen on the colour…

Having said that, kudos to both of them for the great efforts. This is such a nice example of being dressed appropriately in a diplomatic event. It shows a high level of cultural sensitivity by choosing the right colour(dark green is Pakistan’s national colour) and traditional clothing/accessory to show the respects to the host. It’s nicely done.

6. Jess Mara October 16, 2019 at 1:31 am #

Never expected Prince William to go to the top of my BDMOTW list but he will this week!
    As for the Duchess she looks wonderful and will be on my BDOTY list after this. I love the local touches and the colour is divine.

7. JasLinds October 16, 2019 at 1:15 am #

Green is definitely her colour – she looks incredible! Love the dress and styling. And well done Will!

8. Guest October 16, 2019 at 12:44 am #

I love that they’re in coordinating shades of green, but not completely matching. Kate looks great.

9. Isabela October 16, 2019 at 12:21 am #

This is one of her best looks ever, she looks amazing!

10. Guest October 15, 2019 at 10:28 pm #

Kate and William look fabulous here. So nice to see William in something totally different. Very regal.

11. Guest October 15, 2019 at 8:39 pm #

A from the fit of the trousers, a really nice outing from the couple.

12. Guest October 15, 2019 at 8:38 pm #

William’s trousers are actually perfect. They’re supposed to be narrow pyjamas, which are loose and gather a bit at the ankles.
    I’d have NEVER thought Kate is wearing a Jenny Packham — it could well have been by a Pakistani designer.
    Well done, both of them. The subcontinent too often sees western dignitaries make absolute fools of themselves by wearing local clothing (the Trudeau family’s visit to India comes to mind) so this is an absolute delight. Kate’s attire especially has been respectful, dignified and, most important, she doesn’t look uncomfortable or in costume.

13. Paola102 October 15, 2019 at 8:31 pm #

They both look very classy, chic and event and location appropriate. That green suits Catherine so well. It’s a beautiful dress, the bead work is exquisite. I love the shawl!

14. Guest October 15, 2019 at 8:27 pm #

They both look fab. Finally an evening gown from her that has maximum impact and is sleek and modern (her previous two State Banquet dresses were a bit dated imo).

My two favourite things: William and Kate’s shoes. I think that is the most modern (and most gorgeous) shoe/sandal she has ever worn.

15. Guest October 15, 2019 at 7:50 pm #

FC, you are going too fast — it’s savor not saviour. Totally different concepts. As to the outfits, this dress is my favorite look from the Duchess on this tour. This is respectful of the culture but true to her style and has zero chance of being called a costume. William looks good as well.

• Guest October 15, 2019 at 8:14 pm #

“Savour” actually, since this is a UK blog. Really no need to pick up on minor typos though, surely? ?‍♀️

• Guest October 15, 2019 at 9:34 pm #

Well, I am writing from the US. Am I supposed to use UK spelling because hisis a UK-based blog? I meant the comment on the spelling with no insult or judgment. I make typos all the time and ignore typos all the time. I just thought this one was funny because of the very different meanings.

16. MissHebble October 15, 2019 at 7:46 pm #

YASSSS! I am LOVING this tour. They both look fantastic!

17. Andie162 October 15, 2019 at 7:32 pm #

Love the colour! And I love that they both wore traditional clothing.

speaking of traditional clothing:
    (a little bit off-topic, not sure if this is allowed)

King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima of the Netherlands are currently in India for a State visit. I am really curious what your opinion is the sari inspired dress Maxima wore last night.
    She bought the sari in Jaipur, India in 2007. Jan Taminiau altered it into the dress we saw yesterday.

18. Guest October 15, 2019 at 7:25 pm #

love the green on Kate. I love how they both wore traditional clothing.

A bit offtopic:

King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima of the Netherlands are currently in India for a State visit. I am really curious what your opinion is on the sari inspired dress Maxima wore last night.

• Guest October 15, 2019 at 7:52 pm #

Wow this proves royals don’t have to be boring.

• Guest October 15, 2019 at 7:55 pm #

Maxima looks amazing!

• ? October 15, 2019 at 8:21 pm #

Thanks for posting it! She looks amazing! I do like her style in general…

anonymous as always

• Guest October 15, 2019 at 8:24 pm #

Queen Maxima is never boring. She can even be a little over the top sometimes haha but she always pulls it off.

• Guest October 15, 2019 at 9:05 pm #

Queen Maxima outfits are gorgeous in this India Tour. I wish she was covered here.

• Guest October 15, 2019 at 11:31 pm #

She looks looks so glamorous and elegant. Here, she made me think of Princess Diana.

• EloiseH October 16, 2019 at 3:56 am #

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

• Guest October 16, 2019 at 6:09 am #

yea i want to know too because i love this outfit

• Catarina_M October 16, 2019 at 7:57 am #

Queen Maxima always looks so good. And this look is perfection.

• Guest October 17, 2019 at 7:40 am #

Can we please get a post of this so that it can be in the running for BDOTW and my BDOTY. Also the story of how this dress came to be made me super happy, thanks for sharing this. Now that’s a woman with great style.

• Guest October 17, 2019 at 7:42 am #

I see that too now, after you mentioned.

19. Guest October 15, 2019 at 7:12 pm #

Amazing. Both of them. I never expected Prince William to coordinate with Catherine. He looks amazing. Dare I say BDOTW male category?

20. _Hannah_ October 15, 2019 at 7:03 pm #

Amazing, rich colours. They both look great, especially Catherine – she is glowing.

21. ? October 15, 2019 at 6:57 pm #

Wow! They both look incredible! Love everything about this look! They coordinate without looking like they tried too hard, and both look so regal and elegant. Amazing colours!

anonymous as always

22. Guest October 15, 2019 at 6:53 pm #

I’m learning to respect Kate for putting her role above fashion but I can’t help but think what a true fashionista would do with the sartorial opportunities provided by the location.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards October 15, 2019 at 7:21 pm #

It’s something to ponder over, that’s for sure

23. Los_NGLS October 15, 2019 at 6:50 pm #

THIS IS STUNNING! From both of them, but especially from Catherine! I’ve made an effort to personally accept more green into my closets, so this feels like the universe telling me I’m doing the right thing!

Also, they’re really rubbing the local designers in my face now. ???

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards October 15, 2019 at 7:20 pm #

HAAAA…yes. It appear so

• Jess Mara October 16, 2019 at 1:32 am #

Yep green is her colour and a good one to have in your wardrobe

24. Dominos October 15, 2019 at 6:41 pm #

This is more like it! Fab colour, modest but still interesting. Loving the earrings as well.