Menu

31.01.19 Photocall, Premiere

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon Features Rosa Salazar In Sonia Rykiel & Michael Kors Collection - 'Alita: Battle Angel' World Premiere & Berlin Photocall

Rosa Salazar joined Dua Lipa and Jennifer Connelly on the red carpet for the ‘Alita: Battle Angel’ world premiere on Thursday (January 31).

What I have noted about Rosa’s style is that she’s not afraid of taking risks in Mulberry and Vivetta, but on this occasion she was serving up Hollywood glamour in Sonia Rykiel.

Showcasing the house’s modern romantic aesthetic, I love how the dramatic custom gown is accented with tiers of sequined ruffles and point d’esprit.

It has all the heavenly qualities of a princess dress, without all the frou, frou-ness! And that colour. Wow.

Ara Vartanian jewels and Jimmy Choo shoes completed her look.

Yesterday, (January 30) the actress opted for a black-and-white floral ditsy print Michael Kors Collection Resort 2019 dress for the Berlin photocall for her new movie.

The feminine and effortlessly elegant look was simply styled with white Stella Luna sandals.

Credit: Getty

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon Features Jennifer Connelly In Louis Vuitton - ‘Alita Battle Angel’ World Premiere

Jennifer Connelly In Louis Vuitton – ‘Alita: Battle Angel’ World Premiere

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Angela Sarafyan In Monique Lhuillier - Learning Lab Ventures 2019 Gala

Angela Sarafyan In Monique Lhuillier – Learning Lab Ventures 2019 Gala

11 Responses to Rosa Salazar In Sonia Rykiel & Michael Kors Collection – ‘Alita: Battle Angel’ World Premiere & Berlin Photocall

1. Caroline February 7, 2019 at 1:39 am #

Love the second look.

2. Christopher Teoh Jing Xiang February 1, 2019 at 4:11 pm #

We rarely see Rosa Salazar wearing gown on red carpet, so this midnight blue Sonia Rykiel gown comes as a huge surprise for us all. Oh boy doesn’t she look STUNNING!! Oh-so-feminine yet full of rebellious spirit, this is head to toe PERFECTION!! Well done Rosa, you SLAYED the red carpet like a badass warrior angel indeed!! Please cover her looks at Seoul press conference and premiere, they are OH-SO-GORGEOUS no doubt, I assure you!!

3. meme February 1, 2019 at 2:57 pm #

I don’t like the thick black straps on the first dress. The Kors is lovely and those sandals are great.

4. Laura February 1, 2019 at 10:19 am #

Gorgeous! I love a sequin dress and this is a fresh take on one.

5. TeaAtTwo February 1, 2019 at 8:13 am #

I’m loving the cross straps and the black ruffles but I guess they were added to give it interest. I like the Michael Kors outfit but I could picture it on someone such as Jessica Chastain.

6. Camilla February 1, 2019 at 7:24 am #

I like her style. Kooky, not too polished, but it has zeal. I feel like both looks could have been improved by her employing a stronger lip colour – a pink stain would have worked for both.

Also I hear CreoleLady on the coats. Coats and scarves. You could post a feature called ‘Fantastic scarves and where to find them’ if the celebrity world would just allow these women to showcase snuggly écharpes and sleek manteaus.

7. cs February 1, 2019 at 7:24 am #

I personally love this for this movie – it made me pay attention to her, and there’s something video-game-y about it.

8. Anne February 1, 2019 at 5:21 am #

Are you going to cover the looks she wore in seoul?

9. Fee February 1, 2019 at 2:24 am #

‘X marks the spot’ and this Premiere look should have been buried! Overdesigned and unflattering proportions all round.

The photo call look is cute.

• phee February 1, 2019 at 3:07 pm #

10. CreoleLady February 1, 2019 at 12:56 am #

Is it required that actresses freeze on the rc? Are there heaters out there? Idk, there is something very wrong about that. I would not mind seeing beautiful coats on a cold red carpet at all.

Anyway, she looks nice although I wish the crossed straps were in the back instead of the front on the first dress.