Menu

January 31, 2019 Premiere, Runway To Red Carpet

Dua Lipa In Armani Prive – ‘Alita: Battle Angel’ World Premiere

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon Features Dua Lipa In Armani Prive - 'Alita Battle Angel' World Premiere

Dua Lipa attended the world premiere of ‘Alita: Battle Angel’ on a cold, cold night London on Thursday (January 31), but that didn’t determine her red carpet look.

I know many of you don’t like the sheer/granny panties trend, but it looks like it’s not going to slow down in 2019.

Dressed – barely – in Armani Prive Fall 2018, I have to say I much prefer Dua’s modifications.

The blue belt and blue lining didn’t immediately make this Couture piece appealing. Dua’s version feels far more modern in comparison.

A Jimmy Choo ‘Venus’ clutch, ‘Max’ plaforms sandals and jewels from Alan Crocetti and Shaun Leane completed her look.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon Features America Ferrera In Saloni - ‘Miss Bala’ LA Premiere

America Ferrera In Saloni – ‘Miss Bala’ LA Premiere

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon Features Jennifer Connelly In Louis Vuitton - ‘Alita Battle Angel’ World Premiere

Jennifer Connelly In Louis Vuitton – ‘Alita: Battle Angel’ World Premiere

15 Responses to Dua Lipa In Armani Prive – ‘Alita: Battle Angel’ World Premiere

1. Caroline February 7, 2019 at 1:41 am #

Why???

2. phee February 1, 2019 at 3:12 pm #

terrible. it looks like her underskirt may have slipped off and blown away so she was left in her undies.
    Its awful! It looks like a mistake instead of intentional, if that makes sense.
    way too much showing.

3. Laura February 1, 2019 at 10:24 am #

I do like the look but even a very sheer a lining would have helped elevate it. Her make up is great.

4. trudy February 1, 2019 at 9:12 am #

Ugh, on a closer look she doesn’t really have the body to wear such naked looks… That picture with her butt cheeks and cellulitis makes it clear. Sorry Dua…

5. Iva February 1, 2019 at 8:13 am #

I prefer Dua’s version, just wish it was lined all the way.

Either way – she looks good.

6. Camilla February 1, 2019 at 7:48 am #

I cannot sign off on the butt view – https://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2019/01/31/dua-lipa-in-armani-prive-alita-battle-angel-world-premiere/alita-battle-angel-world-premiere-vip-arrivals-3/

She has lovely one, very peachy, but seriously. Why can’t I see the sweet cheeks of any of the male co-stars? This is just a peversion of the red carpet over the last ~8 years. I wish I’d be able to admire this dress with an interesting lining instead – perhaps in a print, or textured base material, if not just a chic contrast white.

• meme February 1, 2019 at 12:49 pm #

+ 1 a million times

7. CreoleLady February 1, 2019 at 1:05 am #

Ha, I just made a similar comment about one ofthe other actresses featured on this red carpet. Why not wear something seasonally chic, with a gorgeous coat or cape or boa or stole? They must be freezing.

• CreoleLady February 1, 2019 at 1:57 am #

This was supposed to be a reply to TeaArTwo, oops!

8. meme February 1, 2019 at 12:12 am #

Either way this is a rare Armani fail.

9. Chris January 31, 2019 at 11:06 pm #

I prefer her version, I don’t like the runway version. And this way, it’s definitely more suited to her and the event.

10. TeaAtTwo January 31, 2019 at 11:01 pm #

Are celebrities trained on dealing with the cold or do a secret second skin or something? I mean I know there’s an assistant with a coat just out of shot but still.

11. TeaAtTwo January 31, 2019 at 10:44 pm #

While I definitely prefer the runway version (sans belt), I don’t dislike this on her. It doesn’t feel try hard and the make up plays into the change of mood of the altered gown.

• Jas February 1, 2019 at 1:29 am #

12. Vizual Ninja January 31, 2019 at 10:20 pm #

I do like this, partial skirt and all. And her modifications are better, looks cheap on the runway and edgy on her.