Menu

Yara Shahidi In Tory Burch – GLSEN Respect Awards

Yara Shahidi In Tory Burch - GLSEN Respect Awards

Yara Shahidi attended the GLSEN Respect Awards on Friday (October 19) in Beverly Hills, California, where she received the Gamechanger Award.

We all know the ‘Grow-ish’ stars style to be edgy and youthful, but she opted to change tack with this Tory Burch Spring 2019 look.

While I’m intrigued by the change of pace, my first thought was Sister Mary Clarence from ‘Sister Act’, such is the biblical nature of this look.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Emilia Wickstead - Official Opening Of The Extension Of The ANZAC Memorial

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Emilia Wickstead – Official Opening Of The Extension Of The ANZAC Memorial

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Stella McCartney - Invictus Games Sydney 2018

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Stella McCartney – Invictus Games Sydney 2018

7 Responses to Yara Shahidi In Tory Burch – GLSEN Respect Awards

1. TeaAtTwo October 24, 2018 at 6:24 pm #

I prefer it sans necklace but she mangaes to look quite cool in it rather than costumey or frumpy in it.

2. Ksenia October 24, 2018 at 4:43 pm #

Yara and Tory Burch? Not the right brand fit, sorry. I don’t think the Miu Miu direction or the Off White street direction is her style either, it’s just she should be going a more Cara Delevigne, Zendaya, Amandla wild card direction that makes headlines. It’s like she wants to dress like Kieran Shipka, which is great, but doesn’t make her stand out particularly. Do you want to be a Chanel girl? A sartorially boring activist like Emma Watson? Or you do want to stand out and be your own person?

I’m seeing an activist direction in her career, personal interests and style, which is fine, but sometimes she does dress like she wants to make headlines. I’m just asking for consistency. It’s not quite Chloe Moretz zig zaggy, but Yara needs a distinct style vibe.

3. SilentVisitor October 24, 2018 at 4:32 pm #

I think she looks very cute; I love this look; I laughed at the Sister Act reference but I still love the look

4. phee October 24, 2018 at 3:15 pm #

meh. sure. it works.

5. meme October 24, 2018 at 2:47 pm #

“my first thought was Sister Mary Clarence from ‘Sister Act’, ” LOL

She looks cute though.

6. Vizual Ninja October 24, 2018 at 1:11 pm #

I like it! It’s a mature look but she breathes youthfulness into it.

• Caroline October 24, 2018 at 2:29 pm #