Menu

23.12.17 Best Of, Menswear

Best Dressed Men of 2017 – Readers’ Choice

1. Timothee Chalamet In Berluti – ‘Call Me by Your Name’ Berlin Film Festival Photocall
2. Rami Malek In Dior Homme – 2017 Met Gala
3. Alexander Skarsgård In Ermenegildo Zegna Couture – ‘IT’ LA Premiere
4. Tom Hiddleston In Gucci – ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ LA Premiere
5. Ryan Reynolds in Brunello Cucinelli – Time 100 Gala
6. Caleb McLaughlin in Garçon Couture – 2017 Emmy Awards
7. Mahershala Ali In Ermenegildo Zegna Couture – 2017 Oscars
8. Chadwick Boseman in Bottega Veneta – 2017 Governors Awards
9. Tom Hardy In Gucci – ‘Dunkirk’ London Premiere
10. Hugh Jackman In Ermenegildo Zegna Couture – 1926 Montblanc Heritage Collection Launch event

Most Worn 2017 - Halpern's Draped Bustier Top

Most Worn 2017 – Halpern’s Draped Bustier Top

Best Dressed of 2017 - Readers' Choice

Best Dressed of 2017 – Readers’ Choice

18 Responses to Best Dressed Men of 2017 – Readers’ Choice

1. Caroline December 23, 2017 at 3:38 pm #

Yes to Rami Malek and Tom Hardy.

2. Leandra December 23, 2017 at 2:17 pm #

Again: The proof that not all boredom is created equal: some of it is fleeting and circumstantial, and some of it teeters on existential crisis.
    Tom Hidlestom excruciatingly dull with the sex appeal of a Latvian plumber.

3. Noemi December 23, 2017 at 10:41 am #

Wait, why isn’t Harry Styles here?!?

• Christine December 23, 2017 at 11:27 pm #

Said the same thing! Hahaha his style is at the least – interesting.

8 and 9 should’ve been higher

4. Alina December 23, 2017 at 10:38 am #

I don’t understand why Noah didn’t make the cut.

• DEDEL December 23, 2017 at 11:09 am #

Noah Schnap ? IKR ! I still can’t forget that Balmain jacket.

• Alina December 23, 2017 at 11:53 am #

YES! I mean, all of these looks are nice, but Noah’s was memorable.

5. Maria F. December 23, 2017 at 10:19 am #

I am happy my pick won. There is something electric about this jacket and he has always delivered on the red carpet. He has just such an ease wearing his clothes.

6. EmmaWoodhouse December 23, 2017 at 4:58 am #

I wish Harry and Niall had made it on! But Caleb McLaughlin’s beautiful blazer is here.

• Pheephee December 23, 2017 at 5:57 am #

Harry and Niall had some outstanding looks that I wish could of been on here too. Seriously, Harry makes ‘different’ suits look amazing, N Niall has done so ‘simply’ amazing. Both, on the top of my head, have done so well.
      Its much harder with the men to choose/remember.

7. Nat39 December 23, 2017 at 4:01 am #

I’m glad Timothee won (although a bit surprised. I was sure, judging by the comments, it was going to be Rami). Rami was also on my list but it wasn’t an entirely flawless look – wearing bulky boots with the very slim pants (and in bold red color on top of that) wasn’t a good stylistic call. Timothee showed how to wear boots right, with style and modern flair. In fact, every single element of his Berluti look (down to the raised collar of his jacket and the hairstyle…) was utilized impeccably to create a perfect and effortlessly cool fashionable photocall look.

I’m def. missing Tommy Dorfman here (who delighted us with his wonderfully done Fendi, and also Vince Camuto), Noah Schnapp from Emmys, Andrew Garfield with the top-level classic look from Oscars, and some others instead of the ones chosen here.

I wouldn’t put #3,5,8,9, Mahershala Ali looking good, but once again Andrew Garfield was another level.

The list could’ve def. been better.

8. allezfred December 23, 2017 at 3:10 am #

Except that jacket on Timothee the rest of the men on the list are wearing the same suit and silhouette in a limited range of colours/patterns. No diversity in menswear at all.

9. charleneg December 23, 2017 at 3:07 am #

I honestly cannot remember any outfits worn by these men if not for these pictures. The only men to watch in Hollywood who I think have distinct style are Jared Leto / Jaden Smith / Harry Styles but even they haven’t worn an outfit yet that will be remembered for ages.

• allezfred December 23, 2017 at 3:16 am #

I’d like the people who voted here explain their choices and refer to outfits these men wore to make them best dressed worthy. I think most may have just voted for their favourite actors.

• charleneg December 23, 2017 at 3:17 am #

Ikr. I mean Hugh Jackman like George Clooney hasn’t changed his wardrobe for decades.

• Noemi December 23, 2017 at 10:43 am #

I agree with you. But the list of the women is even more obscure…

10. Pheephee December 23, 2017 at 2:22 am #

A great group of great looking men!
    Timothee was a good pick although my pick was definitely Rami. He had lots of interesting looks and stood out to me.
    All the Stranger Things kids did surprisingly well….they are ones to watch as they grow up.

• Pheephee December 23, 2017 at 2:24 am #

I really loved Charlie Hunnam this year also. I think he was underrated, well, in my eyes. He had some delish looks.