Menu

November 11, 2014

Jennifer Lawrence In Mulger by David Koma - 'The Hunger Games Mockingjay – Part 1' After-Party

Jennifer Lawrence attended the after-party following the world premiere of ‘The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1’ held at Victoria House on Monday (November 10) in London, England.

Changing out of the Dior frock into something a lot more risqué, the actress wore a white gown with a deep V neckline, an open back and metal detailing which was designed especially for her by Mugler’s creative director, David Koma.

It’s not often I get to use the words ‘Jennifer Lawrence’ and ‘sexy’ in the same sentence, but on this occasion it would be impossible not to with so much cleavage on display.

Creases aside, I love this more mature look. So far I have been impressed with the variety in Jennifer’s looks; perhaps it’s not going to be the Dior-fest I thought it was going to be after all.

Elevating the silver-toned detailing, she styled her look with matching open-toe sandals and David Webb jewels.

Many took great exception to her premiere makeup, but I don’t think much has changed in that department for the after-party so possibly the lighting was at fault for what many deemed to be a makeup malfunction.

Credit: Getty

Keira Knightley In Erdem - Jimmy Kimmel Live!

Keira Knightley In Erdem – Jimmy Kimmel Live!

Freida Pinto In Jason Wu - Glamour Women Of The Year Awards

Freida Pinto In Jason Wu – Glamour Women Of The Year Awards

19 Responses to Jennifer Lawrence In Mulger by David Koma – ‘The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1’ After-Party

1. Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork November 15, 2014 at 4:49 pm #

I’m not sure how I feel. It’s a bit risque for my liking. I’m thinking a nip-slip is just about inevitable. Kind of reminds me of Elizabeth Hurley’s safety pin dress.

2. TeaAtTwo November 12, 2014 at 11:21 pm #

I usually hate low necklines but I prefer this to the Dior premiere gown. She grabs my attention and looks like a star.

3. cherrysoftness November 12, 2014 at 1:50 am #

A bit more eyeliner under her eyes and a softer, more natural smudge helped her in a big way, I think. And I like this sexy siren look but, why is the Carolina Herrera hair creeping back?

• cherrysoftness November 12, 2014 at 1:54 am #

I think you’re right, I checked her premiere photo and it could really just be the lighting, is looks very similar. And some of the powder around her eyes could have faded a little, too.

4. Peony November 12, 2014 at 1:49 am #

I’ve given up on her. She’s been consistently a hot mess for the past few months. The dress is tacky and the creases unforgivable.

5. Bailey November 11, 2014 at 6:10 pm #

Its a very mature choice for her and her body looks amazing in this dress, but im not the biggest fan of the dress in general

6. sanette November 11, 2014 at 5:35 pm #

This is more like it. So much better than her Dior look.

7. Phoenix November 11, 2014 at 5:19 pm #

I think she looks amazing here. A sexy Jennifer is different, and it works. I’m in love with the unique detailing on the bodice. It is hot!

8. sophie November 11, 2014 at 5:06 pm #

I want Jennifer in colors other than black, white, cream, and nude. It’s boring and aging.

Rachel Zoe should ensure her clients’ dresses are not wrinkled. It cheapens Jen’s gown.

9. Camille November 11, 2014 at 5:05 pm #

Not a fan of the creases or her hairstyle. I think the fabric is wrong, though I love the style and silhouette on her. Also, pulling her hair straight back and up just looks too matronly on her IMHO. Wish she’d opt for a softer, younger hair style.

10. Courtney Klein November 11, 2014 at 4:41 pm #

Wow! She looks amazing. I like the sexy Jennifer Lawrence look a lot. Best look for her since the Tom Ford dress at Vanity Fair’s after Oscar party.

11. pinksugar November 11, 2014 at 3:56 pm #

The wrinkles are unfortunate and she literally spilled out of her dress sans breast protection so perhaps it was a bit too much cleavage on display. It is still a sexy look and better than most Dior pieces I have seen her in.

12. Christine November 11, 2014 at 3:09 pm #

She looks sexy indeed. Her makeup look better here too. I say this is a win

13. Jenny November 11, 2014 at 2:56 pm #

She’s my favorite actress, BUT let’s face it her style is quite a mess. I mean she’s so bright and young and there are so many different designers.
    One time she looks matrony (previous white dress with the flowers) and now just … tacky.
    Is R. Zoey REALLY her stylist? That’s dreadful.

14. Carrie November 11, 2014 at 2:12 pm #

Wow! She looks great. I’m going to ignore the creases. 😉

15. kane November 11, 2014 at 1:49 pm #

Shame about the creases, but that’s another win. This is how you quote without being gimmicky or plagiarising.

16. dee November 11, 2014 at 1:45 pm #

I can overlook the creases because she looks hot in the dress. This is the JLaw I wanna see the one that looks like the star of the movie. The makeup could have been better but it doesn’t keep me from liking this look.

17. Yeliz November 11, 2014 at 1:45 pm #

Even with the creases, I still think this dress looks amazing on her and I actually prefer it to the premiere dress. Love this sexy, more grown up look.

18. Alina November 11, 2014 at 1:41 pm #

The creases really mess with the sleekness of the dress. Plus, I can’t say I’m a fan of the makeup.