Menu

July 23, 2012

2012 Teen Choice Awards Red Carpet Round-Up

Here are the rest of the stars who hit the red carpet at the 2012 Teen Choice Awards on Sunday.

Victoria Justice: The young actress sported a multi-coloured animal printed halter Gomez-Gracia high-low dress with a Swarovski crystal studded leather belt. Her floaty dress was styled with a Lauren Merkin clutch, and Schutz nude pumps.

Miranda Cosgrove: At the first red carpet event to fully embrace the summer season, Miranda’s fully sequined Collette Dinnigan mini dress with crystal embellished trims feels really heavy. Her Stella McCartney black ankle strap pumps and the black clutch don’t help matters.

Ariana Grande: In the absence of Katy Perry someone had to add a quirky touch to the red carpet. Ariana looked cute as a button in a custom-painted 1950s Ladureé inspired macaroon cocktail dress, designed by Kenley Collins.

Sasha Pieterse: I don’t know much about Sasha, but she is the first actress to wear a look from the Carolina Herrera Resort 2013 collection. Her grey-and-black polka dot jacquard strapless cocktail dress was styled with tumbling side swept curls, Casadei triple stacked pumps and a David Yurman ring.

Holland Roden: The gorgeous actress wore an Alice + Olivia Fall 2012 navy box pleat dress with a mustard floral print with a gold belt. A nude coloured Lauren Merkin clutch and matching pumps accessorised her dress which we’ve seen on Dianna Argon.

Chelsea Kane: The actress showed off her legs wearing a pair of Alice + Olivia multi-coloured patchwork shorts paired with a French Connection two-tone blouse and bright blue Aldo pumps. I’m drooling over the pumps.

Kat Graham: The ‘Vampires Diaries’ actress also showed off her long stems wearing a pastel-patterned suit by Australian brand, Wish. Nude pumps, a choice for many stars at this event, plus a white clutch accessorized her look shirt-free look.

Troian Bellisario: Is it me or are all these Maria Lucia Hohan dresses rolling into one? Two-tone Rene Caovilla bow accented peep-toes and a bold red lip colour completed Troian’s look.

Ashley Benson: The actress wore a Monique Lhuillier black floral lace strapless bustier top with black Balenciaga high-waisted pants which are too big and unflattering. Alongside her ‘Pretty Little Liars’ co-stars she stood out for all the wrong reasons.

Tia Mowry: The reality TV star selected a lace long-sleeve Chagoury Couture lemon dress, which I wish was sleeveless. She styled her look with Alexandre Birman pumps and earrings by Dannijo.

Debby Ryan: The Disney actress wore a bold printed Bibhu Mohapatra dress with cold-shoulders which she styled with two-tone Chanel sandals and a silver Edie Parker clutch. I’m glad she’s not afraid of colour or print, but I wish she’d worn her hair up.

Vanessa Marano: I’m itching just looking at Vanessa. She is the only star who didn’t get the summertime memo for this event. Her Ted Baker ‘Jamthum’ black dress with a peplum detail and gold exposed zipper has hit the red carpet at least 3 months too early.

Credit: Getty

Hannah Simone In Mary Katrantzou - 2012 Teen Choice Awards

Hannah Simone In Mary Katrantzou – 2012 Teen Choice Awards

Carly Rae Jepsen's Teen Choice Awards 'Breakout Artist' Winning Makeup

Carly Rae Jepsen’s Teen Choice Awards ‘Breakout Artist’ Winning Makeup

56 Responses to 2012 Teen Choice Awards Red Carpet Round-Up

1. Guest April 17, 2019 at 11:59 am #

got it.thanks

2. Guest April 17, 2019 at 11:59 am #

Ashley Benson isn’t The Vampire Diaries, she’s Pretty Little Liars

3. Guest April 17, 2019 at 11:59 am #

What’s with all the pumps??? Why not sandals?
    Victoria Justice and Holland Roden are my fave. here.
    Troian Bellisario and Ashley Benson look plain comical.

4. Guest April 17, 2019 at 11:59 am #

I adored Miranda’s look, but definitely for the season. I adored Sasha’s dress, but none of teh styling, and, yes, all of the Maria Lucia Hohan dresses look exactly the same, just shorter or longer. If anything this is the most distinguished one.
    My favourite here is easily Chelsea Kane, who looks so chic & young & fresh. There is something so relaxed and almost casual about this look that is an absolute breath of fresh air.

5. Guest April 17, 2019 at 11:59 am #

Ashley Benson stars in Pretty Little Liars but yes, those pants are awful. Even if they were more form fitting, the look still wouldn’t feel like summer.

I love Victoria Justice’s dress. Shame about the boring shoes.

6. Guest April 17, 2019 at 11:59 am #

Well, I’ve seen worse round-ups…and better ones too.
    Of this group I like Chelsea Kane the best. I like the way she paired her skimpy shorts with a long-sleeved blouse. The soft drape and pastel color(s) keep the blouse summery while the long sleeves give her extra fabric so she doesn’t look like she’s headed for the beach or something. And then she adds the vibrant pumps, which I think work beautifully — better than sandals would.

I think the look is very, very cute and well put together.

7. Guest April 17, 2019 at 11:59 am #

Holland Roden was my best dressed of the night. I have no idea who she is, but this was certainly a great first impression to make!

8. Guest April 17, 2019 at 11:59 am #

I love ashley benson but that outfit is HORRIBLE. The top is way too tight at the bust and the pants way too big. It’s giving her gorgeous body some bizarre proportions.

9. Guest April 17, 2019 at 11:59 am #

Holland Roden is my best dressed, hands down.

10. Guest April 17, 2019 at 11:59 am #

Sasha is another protagonist of “Pretty Little Liars”.

11. Guest April 17, 2019 at 11:59 am #

I love Chelsea Kane, Kat Graham and Victoria Justice looks the most.

I see Alice + Olivia is getting some love on the RC lately.

12. Guest April 17, 2019 at 11:59 am #

Chelsea Kane is my favourite here, I’m drooling over the whole look. I also like Troian Bellisario and Holland Roden’s looks.

13. Guest April 17, 2019 at 11:59 am #

Love the Wish suit! I have been wearing Wish for years and its great to see it on the red carpet!

14. Guest April 17, 2019 at 11:59 am #

Holland Roden is my favorite here, Kat Graham and Chelsea Kane also look great.

15. Guest April 17, 2019 at 11:59 am #

Almost half of them dressed for the wrong season… or maybe it’s just me hating the gothic dresses. I agree Debbie should’ve wore her hair up, and maybe even pinned her bangs back? She would look more mature, which would’ve been a good thing considering she’s on Disney Channel. The PLL girls look awful, they need some fashion advice from their TV show characters. Love Sasha’s hair though, and Holland Roden’s entire look!

16. Guest April 17, 2019 at 11:59 am #

My frontrunner is going to Chelsea Kane, for a daring print and lovely shoes.
    Runner Up is Sasha, she lost points for her average shoe choice.
    Holland is 3rd, everything was gorgeous but her shoes, and she was less dynamic than the other two.

My Bottom Three consists of Victoria Juatice, whose hair competed with a dress that she already looked uncomfortable in. The nude pumps just added insult to injury. Second to last was Vanessa Marano. She actually styled her look reasonable well, however she overdid the black to the point where she looked tacky. Ashley came in last for her awkwardly fitted ensemble which made for an incredibly unsightly look.

17. Guest April 17, 2019 at 11:59 am #

Holland is my favourite from this post.

18. Guest April 17, 2019 at 11:59 am #

What is it with Sasha and looking twice her age? The girl was 14 when she was cast in Pretty Little Liars alongside girls in their mid-20s. She dresses like it too…

19. Guest April 17, 2019 at 11:59 am #

I liked Kat’s other outfit a lot better too.

20. Guest April 17, 2019 at 11:59 am #

I absolutely love Holland, Kat and Troian the best. Even though the first two are wearing rather boring shoes.

I think I actually preferred Kat’s other look from the night, at least I loved the shoes and the colour of her dress. Slightly creepy aside: Kat has really amazing legs, very toned, probably from the dancing she does.

21. Guest April 17, 2019 at 11:59 am #

There’s a whole lot of unfortunate in this post.

Miranda looks cute enough, though a little out of season. I really like Sasha’s dress, but the shoes are too heavy. I also think Kat’s outfit is fine.

Ashley Benson’s pants are doing unspeakably bad things to her hips. I’d love to know what made her think those were a good idea.

22. Guest April 17, 2019 at 11:59 am #

I agree that miranda cosgrove’s outfit is not very summery but I am drawn to it. I actually really like it! Thanks for all the posts! Looking forward to the awards you hand out!! 🙂

23. Guest April 17, 2019 at 11:59 am #

Thanks Hannah x

24. Guest April 17, 2019 at 11:59 am #

Unfortunately, FC doesn’t speak ignorant. Neither do any of us.

25. Guest April 17, 2019 at 11:59 am #

it’s so sad that black teens at the show, are not even considered worth putting up here, u think it’s 2012…but i guess ppl still think black girls don’t matter, oh well i came here to see what they wore since u know everything …but guess we’re not worth it huh!

26. Kathy July 24, 2012 at 2:47 pm #

27. Alina July 24, 2012 at 5:57 am #

Holland is my favourite from this post.

28. Parvati July 24, 2012 at 2:01 am #

My frontrunner is going to Chelsea Kane, for a daring print and lovely shoes.
    Runner Up is Sasha, she lost points for her average shoe choice.

29. Lizzo July 24, 2012 at 2:00 am #

30. TL July 24, 2012 at 1:00 am #

Holland Roden is my favorite here, Kat Graham and Chelsea Kane also look great.

31. Tanya July 23, 2012 at 11:53 pm #

32. Yeliz July 23, 2012 at 11:24 pm #

33. Christine July 23, 2012 at 10:52 pm #

I love Chelsea Kane, Kat Graham and Victoria Justice looks the most.

I see Alice + Olivia is getting some love on the RC lately.

34. Terry July 23, 2012 at 10:31 pm #

Sasha is another protagonist of “Pretty Little Liars”.

35. asherlev1 July 23, 2012 at 9:53 pm #

Holland Roden is my best dressed, hands down.

36. Malinda Jane July 23, 2012 at 9:20 pm #

37. Grace July 23, 2012 at 9:19 pm #

38. Marybeth July 23, 2012 at 9:16 pm #

Well, I’ve seen worse round-ups…and better ones too.

I think the look is very, very cute and well put together.

39. justme July 23, 2012 at 9:01 pm #

I love Victoria Justice’s dress. Shame about the boring shoes.

40. Hannah July 23, 2012 at 8:59 pm #

41. Nat39 July 23, 2012 at 8:59 pm #

What’s with all the pumps??? Why not sandals?
    Victoria Justice and Holland Roden are my fave. here.
    Troian Bellisario and Ashley Benson look plain comical.

42. Paul McLauhlan July 23, 2012 at 8:53 pm #

Ashley Benson isn’t The Vampire Diaries, she’s Pretty Little Liars

• Fashion Critic July 23, 2012 at 9:19 pm #

got it.thanks

43. naira July 23, 2012 at 8:45 pm #

• Fashion Critic July 23, 2012 at 9:19 pm #

Firstly on this post you have Tia Mowry and Kat Graham – both women of colour.

On previous post you have Zoe Saldana – https://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2012/07/23/zoe-saldana-in-jonathan-saunders-2012-teen-choice-awards/

and Jordin Sparks – https://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2012/07/23/jordin-sparks-in-chagoury-couture-2012-teen-choice-awards/

Your comment is totally unfounded. Please fact check before you make such a ridiculous comment.

• Grace July 23, 2012 at 9:44 pm #

You do realize that FC is a beautiful woman of colour, right?

• Fashion Critic July 23, 2012 at 9:53 pm #

thanks for the compliment x

• Jazz July 24, 2012 at 4:56 am #

LOOOOL i love how she attacks you for racism…and doesn’t even know…

• Fashion Critic July 24, 2012 at 6:42 am #

You just have to laugh

• Hannah July 23, 2012 at 11:59 pm #

What a ridiculous comment. I find it so strange that FC ever gets comments suggesting she is being rcially prejudice towards those she features, she features many different celebrities of many different races, as is proven by this post. How one could get the impression that back people aren’t considered worth being put up here is bizarre, even insulting. Also, as Grace says, if you have ever actually read this blog you would know that FC is a gorgeous woman of colour.
      Furthermore, this is one of the only blogs, if not the only, that features red carpet events from around the world, which just further disproves your unfounded point.
      Also, please try to improve your grammar – sentences start with capitals and the word ‘you’ has got only 2 more letters than the “word” ‘u’.

• Fashion Critic July 24, 2012 at 6:45 am #

Thanks Hannah x

• Kathy July 24, 2012 at 2:46 pm #

Unfortunately, FC doesn’t speak ignorant. Neither do any of us.

44. Jessica July 23, 2012 at 8:34 pm #

45. Emmeline July 23, 2012 at 8:32 pm #

There’s a whole lot of unfortunate in this post.

46. milia July 23, 2012 at 8:29 pm #

• Jones19 July 24, 2012 at 12:16 am #

I liked Kat’s other outfit a lot better too.