Emma Stone In Elie Saab – ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’ London Premiere

Just when the fizz was starting to die out, Emma Stone turns to one man who was guaranteed to breathe some life back into the promo tour for ‘The Amazing Spider-Man': Elie Saab.

In London this evening, the actress looked sensational wearing a jumpsuit from the designer’s Fall 2012 collection for the premiere.

There once was a time when Elie’s gowns were in high demand; now we’ve had two jumpsuits on the red carpet in recent times.

This one has a more masculine feel in comparison to Elizabeth Banks’ ‘MTV Movie Awards’ jumpsuit, despite the embellishments and the deep plunging neckline. It has a lot to do with her attitude and the pants me thinks.

A black belt with gold buckle, sleek golden locks, kohl-rimmed eyes and black pumps completed the look.

I really dislike the pumps. This look would’ve been much sexier with strappy sandals. Her shoes choice is the only thing preventing me from falling totally in love with this look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Mandy Moore's Current/Elliott Skinny Boy Jeans

Mandy Moore’s Current/Elliott Skinny Boy Jeans

Dakota Fanning's Current/Elliott The Star Stiletto Jeans

Dakota Fanning’s Current/Elliott The Star Stiletto Jeans

57 Responses to Emma Stone In Elie Saab – ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’ London Premiere

1. Serena June 18, 2012 at 21:35 #

She looks amazing. Love love love evrerything. The hair is gorgeous too!

2. Yeliz June 18, 2012 at 21:38 #

I can live with her shoe choice on this occasion, because i absolutely LOVE this look! I recognized this jumpsuit the second she got off the car, it’s exquisite.
    I think it’s her best premiere look during this promo tour (so far).

3. gabis June 18, 2012 at 21:42 #

I love this look head to toe. She looks incredibly gorgeous and flawless. BDOTW contender! What a nice way to start the week ;D

• bas June 19, 2012 at 07:30 #

4. Lina June 18, 2012 at 21:54 #

I love how your dislike for black pumps never end, FC. :) To me this look is killer from head to toe.

• Fashion Critic June 18, 2012 at 22:23 #

never :D

They remind me of the office shoes I was forced to wear when going on numerous interviews which were unsuccessful.

• Marybeth June 18, 2012 at 22:47 #

LOL!
        I dislike them because they remind me of a job I once DID get but ended up hating!

5. Rafael June 18, 2012 at 21:56 #

OMG I Die!!!!!!!! Thank God for The King Elie Saab; she was literally a disaster the past 3 premieres. I think she changed her stylist cause this is a huge improvement; this is what I was expecting from this promo tour.

6. argentina June 18, 2012 at 21:58 #

She reminds me to Lea Michelle at SAG awards, she looked stunning but the pumps ruinned the look. And we made her Best Dressed so why Emma coud’nt? I love this look, I love her.

7. Aline June 18, 2012 at 22:00 #

I love love love it!

8. Nat June 18, 2012 at 22:07 #

She *does* look good, there’s no denying it. But for her big premiere I was hoping for something more, something that made more of an impact (although coherent with her no fuss style). When I read “Emma Stone in Elie Saab” my hearth sank for a second, but when I saw the picture I couldn’t help but feeling a bit underwhelmed.

9. Malinda Jane June 18, 2012 at 22:11 #

LOVE THIS LOOK! It’s super sexy but with that sense of fun that Emma brings. To me, it’s perfection.

10. Luiza June 18, 2012 at 22:11 #

I love her look, head to toe. The black pumps are complementary to the tailoring, just as they were on the runway or on Elizabeth. I think strappy sandals are too light for such a strong look.

• Bethany June 18, 2012 at 22:27 #

I completely agree with Luiza. The pumps fit with the tailoring and keep the look strong. There’s something about a wayward toe sticking out of the bottom of a good tailored black pant that just rubs me the wrong way, even if it is wrapped in a pretty sandal.

• snowlion June 18, 2012 at 22:30 #

I agree.

• Tina June 18, 2012 at 23:43 #

I agree as well. I can understand her use of black pumps with this look – this is not a flirty mini-dress, but a strong, masculine, and yet very sexy jumpsuit that requires a less “light” shoe choice to base off of.

• Luiza M. June 19, 2012 at 00:38 #

totally agree.

• Rachel June 19, 2012 at 01:52 #

Yep. Luiza said it best. Love all of this!

• Mol June 19, 2012 at 03:02 #

Your point is well taken, I completely agree re the pumps fitting with the tailoring. I also sigh with happiness when looking at this outfit, everything is spot on (well tailored to her frame for example, something many jumpsuits worn on the R.C. lack) and she looks confident and comfortable as well – definitely a BDOTW contender for me.

11. MoxieSue June 18, 2012 at 22:32 #

The pumps don’t bother me, since she’s wearing pants. What bothers me is the orange belt buckle.

• Carrie June 18, 2012 at 23:02 #

I thought the buckle was orange too, but it’s actually gold. If you click through to the gettyimages site, you’ll see that it’s just a reflection of the carpet in the very mirror-like buckle that makes it appear orange.

IInterestingly enough, what would have perfected this look for me would have been a bright Elie Saab blue belt instead of the gold or the “orange.” Maybe I just love electric blue just like you do, FC.

Still, I gasped when I saw her. She looks so stunningly gorgeous and confident. Saab can do that to a girl!

• Agathe June 18, 2012 at 23:45 #

I’m quite sure it’s a gold buckle reflecting the red carpet…

• Cole June 19, 2012 at 00:20 #

I thought the belt was orange at first too. It is actually a gold belt reflecting the color of the red carpet. If you click on the photo, you can see other images showing that it is gold.

• Jess2 June 19, 2012 at 12:46 #

Thank you so much for clearing that up for us Carrie, Agathe and Cole! I too was confused about the ‘orange’ belt :)

• MoxieSue June 19, 2012 at 15:56 #

Thanks everyone. I looked at other pictures and it is evident that the buckle is gold, not orange. But either way, I prefer the black buckle on the model.

12. Hannah June 18, 2012 at 22:35 #

I agree wrod for word, my heart sank when I saw the shoes. They just look really officey to me, so pedestrian with her uber chic and sexy outfit.

13. Grace Patricia June 18, 2012 at 22:39 #

Love it! I’m not an “Elie Saab kind of girl” but I would easily wear something like this. Gorgeous.

14. Fiona-Brasil June 18, 2012 at 22:41 #

Emma is my favorite.She is pure perfection in everything she wears…This look, the red belt instead of the black, a true fashionista is born.

15. Marybeth June 18, 2012 at 22:43 #

Nice!!!
    I don’t like jumpsuits — (just a personal taste) — but I really like this. It looks like elegant separates.
    I don’t mind the pumps because the pants pretty much cover the feet anyway.

16. Emmeline June 18, 2012 at 22:52 #

Finally, a look I totally love! Hopefully last week was just a warm up, and Emma will stick to gorgeous looks like this one for the remainder of the tour.

17. Fatima June 18, 2012 at 23:03 #

What’s wrong with her shoes? You can barely see them underneath her pants. Some people are just too sensitive…

18. Sanette June 18, 2012 at 23:18 #

She looks fabulous! That’s what I’ve been waiting for.

19. Shaina June 18, 2012 at 23:20 #

The shoes dont bother me at all! I am in love with this look, I’m so glad she turned out and wore something amazing. This is easily BDOTW worthy!

20. Christine June 18, 2012 at 23:47 #

I only like the top half. I am still not blown away from this promo tour or by this look even if its Elie Saab.

21. Nanda June 18, 2012 at 23:53 #

She looks great and I agree an strappy sandal would have given her a little skin at the bottom to break the long lines the jumpsuit gives her. but IMO best dress contender this week.

22. Labella Luxe June 19, 2012 at 00:44 #

This jumpsuit looks amazing on her!

23. Maggie June 19, 2012 at 01:35 #

If she matched her shoes with that bright belt, this look would’ve been flawless. That said, Emma Stone really brought it to the red carpet today! Any ideas whether Andrew Garfield played matchy-matchy with his attire..?

24. pipsqueak June 19, 2012 at 01:55 #

I love this look head to toe. Pumps worked for this ensemble. Also, I much prefer these pointed-toe pumps to the thick platform pumps (that scream insecurity). For some reason, I think jumpsuit fits London – the cool urban city that started rock n roll, as I’d like to see, not the royal land where the aristocratic women look so dull and dress so conservatively in public. This look is a winner!

25. Henrique June 19, 2012 at 02:35 #

FANTASTIC.

26. mimi June 19, 2012 at 03:38 #

Welcome back Emma! I think this whole look is perfect – the smoky eyes and the sleek hair complement the jumpsuit perfectly. Looks like she is finally back on track.

27. SashaQueenie June 19, 2012 at 05:14 #

It seems to me that you hate pumps. You mentioned that with Michelle Pfeiffer’s LA Film Festival Premiere too.

28. MEME June 19, 2012 at 05:55 #

I LOVE!!!!!!!!!!……… BDOTW contender….

29. Dhppy June 19, 2012 at 06:10 #

It’s a great look, but I suspect Tom Ford is spitting mad that Saab has moved into his territory.

30. Emi June 19, 2012 at 07:40 #

I love this look, so much. But the buckle seems orange in the photo. BDOTW contender for me. I like the simple and classy hair but I prefer her with red hair.

31. d June 19, 2012 at 09:14 #

so good! dont mind the shoes

32. Ramsay June 19, 2012 at 09:26 #

The rising queen of the red carpet

33. Médée June 19, 2012 at 09:41 #

Wow. BDOTW worthy in my opinion.

But I do agree : the world would be a better place without black pumps.

34. Dan Oliver June 19, 2012 at 10:24 #

Wow she looks gorgeous after being under whelmed my most of her outfits recently she has really stepped it up amazing.

35. Lalitha June 19, 2012 at 10:30 #

She looks fab! I love this on her.

36. Jess2 June 19, 2012 at 12:56 #

I DIE!! I loved this the second I saw it but I was head over heels when I found out that the belt wasn’t orange but was gold (thanks to some of the lovely people above)!! Now this is more like the Emma Stone that we know and adore! Perfection from head to toe and I have no problem whatsoever in regards to the pumps, I actually prefer them. I think this jumpsuit (which is perfectly tailored) is more suited to pumps whereas Rose Byrne’s white jumpsuit from the SAG Awards was more suited to sandals.

Bravo Emma!! BDOTW :D

37. Te June 19, 2012 at 14:06 #

at first I thought the belt was red, but than I read your comment… much better, just perfect!! :)
    and this ocasion, I think the pumps are appropriate.

38. Alina June 19, 2012 at 14:42 #

Love!

39. nattiem June 19, 2012 at 15:21 #

I love it, love it, love it. And I hate strappy sandals with pants, so I think the pumps are a good choice.

40. Quinn June 19, 2012 at 15:50 #

stunning!!

41. jo June 19, 2012 at 16:07 #

She looks amazing, It’s only Tuesday and I can already tell that it will be difficult for me to choose BDOTW with her and Keira.

42. Amy June 19, 2012 at 18:04 #

this is perfect. I know everyone wasn’t excited about her previous outfits but I liked them and this one is no different.

43. Parvati June 19, 2012 at 18:48 #

She looks stunning! BDOTW contender for me!