Menu

March 19, 2020 Best Of

Which Was Your Favourite Renée Zellweger Awards Season Look?

As you know I moaned throughtout Renée Zellweger’s awards season run.

The bare shoulders I didn’t mind some much, but the lack of colour did frustrate me a little, especially considering her promo tour for ‘Judy’ was so colourful.

Much like Lady Gaga the year before, it seemed like you have to play it super safe to be considered “Best Actress” worthy.

Which was my favourite?

It would’ve been the Maison Margiela Haute Couture navy dress, but I wasn’t a huge fan of her hair, so I’m probably Jason Wu at the Palm Springs International Film Festival Awards.

Claudia Schiffer Wore Etro On Instagram

Claudia Schiffer Wore Etro On Instagram

Janelle Monáe Front Row @ Stella McCartney Fall 2020

Janelle Monáe Front Row @ Stella McCartney Fall 2020

11 Responses to Which Was Your Favourite Renée Zellweger Awards Season Look?

1. Catarina_M March 23, 2020 at 10:01 pm #

Erdem for me. Mostly because of the hair.

2. Noor March 22, 2020 at 5:25 am #

Wrong hair with every look. I like none but Oscars is somewhat okay.

3. Guest March 21, 2020 at 7:51 pm #

The dress fits perfectly and her legs are a 10!

4. Guest March 21, 2020 at 1:43 pm #

Every look, on its own, was quite lovely, but put together like this the minimal-chic she opted for does look a bit one-note, especially as there’s quite a lot of black. And I say this as a big fan. I like the blue Armani that she wore to the GG best. The Margiela dress is also gorgeous.

5. CD_ March 21, 2020 at 1:02 am #

The Erdem, it’s a pretty dress and I prefer the more relaxed hair

6. Guest March 20, 2020 at 11:48 pm #

It may have been her standard black formula but I liked her Jason Wu at the Palm Springs and her very simple but very sophisticated LV as well.

On the side note, in the sea of somehow badly done makeup this awards season, I’d give Renee’s makeup artist an award for the best fresh-faced look.

7. Guest March 20, 2020 at 8:45 am #

Where is the usual Carolina Herrera, she didnt wear even once this awards season!

8. Guest March 20, 2020 at 2:38 am #

I’m gonna go for the Dior at the Independent Spirit Awards, that was kicky and I loved the shades.

9. Phee phee March 20, 2020 at 1:42 am #

Very safe ya. And her hair was the let down in quite a few.
    I chose the Armani prive oscars….it seemed the best put together.

10. Guest March 19, 2020 at 10:37 pm #

Each individual outfit was fine but as a run it was extremely boring. Also, half her looks were let down by her hairstyle looking too casual or unpolished.

11. Guest March 19, 2020 at 9:47 pm #

I appreciate RZ was all about minimal chic, but was so disappointed by her awards wardrobe!

I wish she’d done what stars like Garland did back in the day and have the film’s costume designer whip her up frocks to wear – the gowns in “Judy” were fab!