Menu

January 28, 2020 Runway To Red Carpet

2020 Goya Awards Red Carpet Roundup

Posted by Catherine Kallon
2020 Goya Awards

There were many more lovely ladies who joined Nieves Álvarez and Penelope Cruz on the red carpet for the 2020 Goya Cinema Awards held at Jose Maria Martin Carpena Sports Palace on Saturday (January 25) in Malaga, Spain.

Silvia Abascal:  The actress always presents a very elegant red carpet look, and that was true of her Elie Saab Fall 2019 Haute Couture gown, even if it strongly resembles a similar gown from the same collection we recently saw on Carina Lau.

Goya Toledo:  I feature Goya on my site at least once a year, and her love for Elie Saab never waivers.  On this occasion she was radiant wearing a look from the designers Spring 2019 Haute Couture collection.

Elie Saab Fall 2019 Haute Couture
Elie Saab Spring 2019 Haute Couture
2020 Goya Awards

Paz Vega:  Usually there is a lot more drama from Paz at this event.  Muted, yet not boring, I found the actress’ less-is-more approach still captivating.

Clara Lago:  Also going for a drama-free, but impactful look was Clara Lago in Oscar de la Renta Pre-Fall 2019.

Oscar de la Renta Pre-Fall 2019
2020 Goya Awards

Maribel Verdú: While the touches of gold keep me interested in Maribel’s Christian Dior Resort 2020 look, I didn’t warm to this as much as the others.

Natalia de Molina:  The actress brought some drama and plenty of flare wearing a feathered confection from the Oscar de la Renta Pre-Fall 2019 collection. Those of you who dislike high love gowns, won’t be so enamored by this.

Christian Dior Resort 202
Oscar de la Renta Pre-Fall 2019

Credit: Vogue.com & Gtres

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Renée Zellweger Wore Tom Ford To The Oscars Nominees Luncheon

Renée Zellweger Wore Tom Ford To The Oscars Nominees Luncheon

Charlize Theron Wore Christian Dior To The Oscars Nominees Luncheon

Charlize Theron Wore Christian Dior To The Oscars Nominees Luncheon

19 Responses to 2020 Goya Awards Red Carpet Roundup

1. MissCoco January 29, 2020 at 12:44 am #

Paz Vega is splendid with that hair! The whole look is great. Also Clara, the strapless sits perfectly and let the beauty look shines through! Lovely

2. MOpinion64 January 28, 2020 at 11:25 pm #

I’m not sure why we’ve got the gold at the waist AND the belt. They’re competing against each other.

3. Guest January 28, 2020 at 8:50 pm #

I find Paz looks uncannily like Nieves Alvarez here. She’s the best dressed.

4. Guest January 28, 2020 at 7:52 pm #

Paz Vega looks stunning! Simple but so elegant and chic. Love!

5. Phee phee January 28, 2020 at 5:55 pm #

Clara looks amazing.I love the simple elegance of this look. the earrings were a great addition.
    I like Paz’ look also. I find the fit is better on Clara than on Paz though.
    The other looks seem a bit fussy.

6. Guest January 28, 2020 at 5:26 pm #

The first four looks are so impeccable and beautiful.

7. Guest January 28, 2020 at 4:56 pm #

Paz Vega is perfect from head to toe. She was my favorite of the night. I don’t like Silvia Abascal clutch, but the gown and hair are wonderful. Clara Lago’s dress is amazing and fits her figure perfectly though I find the styling too simple.

8. alvarospain January 28, 2020 at 4:38 pm #

Paz Vega and Clara Lago are the best here.

9. Paola102 January 28, 2020 at 4:34 pm #

I miss Elie Saab on the Red Carpet!
    Paz and Clara look fantastic! The fit and length of Clara’s dress should be “stylist goal”.

10. Guest January 28, 2020 at 3:42 pm #

I found this event disappointing this time around. It is usually more exciting than this.

• ? January 28, 2020 at 4:02 pm #

True, usually there are looks that stand out. Not so much this time. But you can’t deny all ladies look very elegant this year too!

anonymous as always

11. ? January 28, 2020 at 3:27 pm #

I needed this after the Grammys! Goya red carpet never disappoints. I look forward to it every year. I am so grateful you include more international and lesser known events and awards on your blog FC! Thank you!

anonymous as always

12. KseniaBradner January 28, 2020 at 2:55 pm #

Spanish red carpets are more consistent than most Hollywood and Asian red carpets: discuss.

I really want to see Natalia’s feathery Oscar from the side like the runway, she looks lovely. Everyone does!

Glad to see Silvia again. I want to see this gown again on someone taller. It has more of a regal mystique -yes I’m using the word ‘mystique’ for an Elie Saab look- than I’m getting from petite Silvia.

• ? January 28, 2020 at 3:58 pm #

Well, I think I enjoy Spanish and Asian red carpets equally. Spanish being more about cool luxury, Chinese more about regal, elegant luxury and Indian about full-glam luxury.
      But if we are simply talking about consistency, Grammys are pretty consistent too. They are equally bad every year ?

anonymous as always

13. Originalmeme January 28, 2020 at 2:06 pm #

Paz and Clara look stunning.

14. Guest January 28, 2020 at 2:05 pm #

I really really like the second row. Clara Lago’s Oscar de la Renta dress in particular.

15. AnderBoBo January 28, 2020 at 2:01 pm #

Paz is perfection.

16. Catarina_M January 28, 2020 at 1:53 pm #

I’m in love with Paz Vega’s look. It’s perfect.

17. CharlotteLG January 28, 2020 at 1:10 pm #

Silvia Abascal: The dress looks really dated, and it’s way too busy.
    Paz Vega : Perfection!
    Natalia de Molina : Not bad, and yet I’m not a fan of mulet dress!
    Goya Toledo, Clara Lago, Maribel Verdú : OK