Menu

January 26, 2020

Nieves Alvarez Wore Alberta Ferretti Limited Edition To The 2020 Goya Awards

Nieves Alvarez Wore Alberta Ferretti Limited Edition To The 2020 Goya Awards

Nieves Alvarez joined Penelope Cruz on the red carpet for the 2020 Goya Cinema Awards held at Jose Maria Martin Carpena Sports Palace on Saturday (January 25) in Malaga, Spain.

Thanks to all my Spanish readers who informed me that the model was asked about receiving the Best Dressed of The Decade accolade from this site on the red carpet.  What an amazing moment.  I wish I had seen it.

Nieves was creating another memorable moment leaving the other attendees green with envy over her custom Alberta Ferretti Limited Edition Couture gown.

Unless you are Kylie Jenner, you just can’t go wrong with feathers, and they aren’t just limited to Cannes.

Nieves glided down the red carpet in flamboyant fashion, with the plumage swishing and swaying with every step.

I like how the dress is subtly interspersed with chiffon layers to add a bit of weight to the look which heightens the dramatic entrance.

Bulgari’s emerald ear candy and a Roger Vivier clutch to match completed her look.

Credit: Getty

, , , , , , ,

Cardi B Wore Nicolas Jebran Couture To The Pre-Grammy Gala

Cardi B Wore Nicolas Jebran Couture To The Pre-Grammy Gala

Rihanna Wore Bottega Veneta To Roc Nation's The Brunch

Rihanna Wore Bottega Veneta To Roc Nation’s The Brunch

21 Responses to Nieves Alvarez Wore Alberta Ferretti Limited Edition To The 2020 Goya Awards

1. JohnM219 January 27, 2020 at 6:14 pm #

Stunning, but would have killed for a bigger piece or emerald jewelry and a bit more life in her hair.

2. Guest January 27, 2020 at 4:50 pm #

As a huge fan of my fellow countrywoman this is a bit dissapointing. The fabric of the dress looks cheap and flat and I don’t like the matchy clutch. But the hair, the make up and that Gina Lollobrigida Bulgary jewelry are wonderful. And Nives attitude of course. As we say in Spain, she would be beatifull even with a garbage bag over her shoulders.

3. Mady1908 January 27, 2020 at 3:56 pm #

The colour, the dress, the styling, Nieves really knows how to make it work! Gorgeous from head to toe and best dressed of the week contender 😀

4. SarahS95 January 27, 2020 at 2:13 pm #

She’s warming up to take Best Dressed of this decade too! Love the colour of this Wow!

5. Catarina_M January 27, 2020 at 9:19 am #

All though I don’t really like the dress, the color is magnificent and Nieves is killing it.

6. Guest January 27, 2020 at 6:07 am #

The epitome of being a model wearing Couture.

7. KseniaBradner January 27, 2020 at 12:32 am #

Very pretty, always a sucker for green.

8. alvarospain January 27, 2020 at 12:20 am #

Hi Catherine, I will try to find the video when they talked about the blog.
    During the interview, Nieves also said that the dress is custom and the emerald jewels belonged to Gina Lollobrigida and Bulgari took them from its museum and lent them to Nieves just for the Goya Awards.
    PS: I like the dress, especially the colour.

9. Guest January 27, 2020 at 12:11 am #

This is the clip!!

It’s right at the beginning so you can’t miss it 🙂

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards January 27, 2020 at 3:16 am #

ahh… it won’t play.. I will try again in the morning. thank you

• Guest January 27, 2020 at 1:21 pm #

Such a pity that the question was not quite right! But Nieves was obviously aware of the award. She is such a class act. ❤️

I’m really happy for you, Catherine, and for the blog.

10. lmkw January 26, 2020 at 9:43 pm #

This color is so beautiful. Feathers are dreamy. I wish she’d not gone so matchy-matchy with the accessories but small complaint.

11. Guest January 26, 2020 at 9:32 pm #

Gorgeous color, very dated dress!

12. Guest January 26, 2020 at 8:35 pm #

I love the colour and she sells it more than most would have but it leaves me wanting more. It looks like a Marchesa and not in a complimentary way. As mentioned a lilac version worn by Elsa Hosk was worn with greater success. Maybe less chiffon would have helped.

13. Guest January 26, 2020 at 8:27 pm #

She mentioned at the gala that the jewels belongs to Gina Lollobrigida ?

14. Guest January 26, 2020 at 8:27 pm #

On paper it should look great but in reality it falls flat.
    It’s not that bad but was hoping for more.

Similar look was worn by Elsa Hosk in Cannes (in purple) but it turned out better.

15. CharlotteLG January 26, 2020 at 8:27 pm #

She looks great.
    I’m not too fond of the matchy cluth yet.

16. Phee phee January 26, 2020 at 8:14 pm #

Aww that is so cool that that best dressed award got acknowledged!!! Love that so much

She looks great here. The green is beautiful. I love the make-up and those earrings.
    The dress does remind me of a rug but dang, she looks so good I cant really complain about it.

• Guest January 26, 2020 at 9:31 pm #

ITA. The dress does look like a rug but Nieves is killing it. It just shows that sometimes it’s not the dress but the swagger of the person wearing it.

17. Guest January 26, 2020 at 8:14 pm #

I love her presence but the dress looks kind of cheap.

• Guest January 26, 2020 at 11:41 pm #

My thoughts too..and it’s a bit too “pile of feathers” as far as design goes.