Menu

December 18, 2019 Runway To Instagram

Posted by Catherine Kallon

Carina Lau joined Juliette Binoche at the 4th International Film Festival Awards Macao (IFFAM) in China on Tuesday (December 10).

Unlike Juliette, Carina blessed us with two red carpet looks.

I’m sure some will feel that the ladies are going to two separate events, but I love what each woman brings to the table.

Carina has always possessed a very regal air about her.

I don’t see actress here, I see royalty.  That’s where this rich embroidered Elie Saab Fall 2019 Haute Couture gown takes her.

I would love to see this on Queen Máxima of the Netherlands also.

Carina’s second look, which hails from the same Elie Saab Fall 2019 Haute Couture collection, is what could be referred to as a signature Elie Saab look; from the silhouette, embellishments and semi-sheer fabrication.

It may not be ground-breaking, but that doesn’t mean this is not a moment to treasure.

Credit: Vogue.com & Carina Lau Instagram

, , , , , , , ,

Mariah Carey Lights The Empire State Building In Alexandre Vauthier

Mariah Carey Lights The Empire State Building In Alexandre Vauthier

Daisy Ridley Wore Vivienne Westwood Couture For The 'Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker' London Premiere

Daisy Ridley Wore Vivienne Westwood Couture For The ‘Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker’ London Premiere

16 Responses to Carina Lau Wore Two Elie Saab Haute Couture Looks To The 4th International Film Festival Awards Macao (IFFAM)

1. Guest December 19, 2019 at 3:26 pm #

The belt on both dresses are too garish and take away the sophistication of the dress, and makes it look costumey.

2. Sharon M December 19, 2019 at 12:53 pm #

That second look took my breath away. Love the color of the first, but hate the belt. Juliette looks like a member of an ABBA tribute group.

3. Catarina_M December 19, 2019 at 8:58 am #

Both looks are divine and regal. And only because it’s blue, I prefer the second one.

4. Guest December 19, 2019 at 6:57 am #

It maybe just because of that pose she’s doing but I prefer the first gown because I don’t like how the shoulders of the blue dress sit on her.

5. Guest December 19, 2019 at 2:35 am #

I honestly don’t like any of these. The Burgundy one is OK, but that golden belt is too chunky for my liking, and I don’t like the round shoulders and the sleeves either. The second one looks very very dated. As someone who know 90s well, I remembered there was a time, this type of princessy gowns were a bit like an uniform on the stage. I saw many Japanese, HK, Taiwanese singers wearing similar designs when they’re doing the show.
    As for Juliette, like many comments in another post, it screams Vegas or rodeo. Also, the tummy part looks too tight and ill-fitted as well.

6. Originalmeme December 18, 2019 at 11:58 pm #

They all look like costumes to me. The Elie Saab gowns are beautiful but costumes nonetheless.

• Guest December 19, 2019 at 2:10 am #

ITA

7. Paola102 December 18, 2019 at 10:27 pm #

I miss Elie Saab on the red carpet. and this is why. What breathtaking looks. She looks like a princess in both. Stunning designs. I keep looking back at the pictures.

• ? December 18, 2019 at 11:14 pm #

More like an empress rather than a princess ? She looks royal and badass at the same time. Breathtaking looks indeed!

anonymous as always

8. Phee phee December 18, 2019 at 9:59 pm #

She literally looks like an Empress.
    This picture looks like an Empress posing with a cheap Vegas impersonator.
    It really shows how awful Juliettes outfit really is

• Phee phee December 18, 2019 at 10:02 pm #

Anyways. Carinas looks are beyond stunning!! I LOVE these dresses. Regal is right.
      I would put them both up for BDOTW. If I choose one, its the first. I love the deep rich red and those sleeves.

9. juiho December 18, 2019 at 9:01 pm #

I am afraid it might be a tad MARVEL…….as in Marvel superheroes….I wish it was marvelous.

10. MissHebble December 18, 2019 at 8:45 pm #

I am living for all three of these looks!

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards December 18, 2019 at 10:32 pm #

me too

• Noor December 19, 2019 at 9:41 am #

beautiful on their own ways…

11. KseniaBradner December 18, 2019 at 8:39 pm #

The red gown is stunning on the runway and better on Carina. I wish there was a better photo for this post. The second gown is less amazing just because she wore something similar right before. I like Carina’s belt in both looks better than the runway belts, but the gold belt doesn’t entirely work either, it’s too long and too gold.