Menu

January 13, 2020 Runway To Red Carpet

Betty Gilpin In Oscar de la Renta – 2020 Critics Choice Awards

Betty Gilpin In Oscar de la Renta - 2020 Critics Choice Awards

Betty Gilpin of ‘Glow’ glided down the red carpet for the 2020 Critics’ Choice Awards, which took place at the Barker Hangar on Sunday (January 12) in Santa Monica, California.

When it comes to her red carpet M.O., it can be best described as simple in terms of silhouettes with a minimal amount of fuss.

I guess that could be said of her in this Oscar de la Renta Spring 2020 gown, but the degrade hue imbues a hint of drama into this look.

The bodice appears heavier than on the runway to prevent any sheerness, while the beauty was kept light with wet-look tresses and gold jewels completing her look.

Oscar de la Renta Spring 2020

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , ,

Kate Beckinsale In Julien Macdonald - 2020 Critics Choice Awards

Kate Beckinsale In Julien Macdonald – 2020 Critics Choice Awards

Cynthia Erivo In Fendi Couture - 2020 Critics' Choice Awards

Cynthia Erivo In Fendi Couture – 2020 Critics’ Choice Awards

16 Responses to Betty Gilpin In Oscar de la Renta – 2020 Critics Choice Awards

1. Guest January 16, 2020 at 6:20 pm #

This looks terrible on her.

2. Noor January 14, 2020 at 4:39 am #

All the looks I noticed recently have completely different aspect than runaway version. I can’t figure out whether it is the styling or something else.

3. Guest January 14, 2020 at 4:23 am #

Love the colors on the gown, but the bust area makes her look too top heavy. Would’ve preferred a more romantic hairstyle to the beachy one she opted for instead.

4. KseniaBradner January 13, 2020 at 11:28 pm #

Betty is stunning and her figure is bomb, I wish she’d swing for a home run instead of dressing to merely to get first base. I’d like to see Betty’s clever, weird personality reflected in her style (she is a good writer!). But it’s her right to just dress prettily.

5. Guest January 13, 2020 at 8:49 pm #

Maybe its the hair, maybe it’s the fit on top but this looks kind of Project Runway esque to me – undone and a little amateur.

6. Guest January 13, 2020 at 7:24 pm #

This fit is bad for anyone who is busty as evidenced by this dress.

7. MissHebble January 13, 2020 at 6:23 pm #

I love the ombre but the dress feels so heavy and bulky especially on the top half. What a shame 🙁

8. Guest January 13, 2020 at 4:41 pm #

Betty is one of my FAVORITE actresses and I always hope for the best for her looks, but she always disappoints! I can’t figure out why…she’s gorgeous and has an amazing figure. Why can’t the stylist get it right? The skirt part of the gown is perfect – needs a different style top. It’s dragging her down.

9. Vizual Ninja January 13, 2020 at 4:02 pm #

The colors are lovely and romantic but I agree with the others the layering was overdone which throws off her proportions.

10. Phee phee January 13, 2020 at 3:22 pm #

the color is divine! However, the fabric is too heavy, esp waist up. shame
    The hairstyle is awful.

11. Guest January 13, 2020 at 2:55 pm #

She’s really busty and should avoid silhouettes with too much fabric in that area. This dress, with the extra fabric, looks heavy and gives her odd proportions.

12. Guest January 13, 2020 at 12:51 pm #

The hair looks dirty and the gown is too indistinct – it needed some jewels/accessories to elevate it. Her styling is so meh and uninspiring.

13. Guest January 13, 2020 at 12:36 pm #

The colours are gorgeous and makes me think about my next vacation. I’m missing the lightness from the runway, it looks like it could have one less layer and still not show anything.

14. Sharon M January 13, 2020 at 11:35 am #

I don’t like the bodice…they could have prevented the sheerness without adding too much fabric! It ruins the look.

15. Catarina_M January 13, 2020 at 11:00 am #

There’s too much fabric around the bust area, probably to be more opaque than the runway version, but I don’t feel that it translates well.
    I don’t like the wet look hair.

16. Inga? January 13, 2020 at 9:57 am #

A nice simple look, love the color.