Menu

January 6, 2020

Taylor Swift In Etro – 2020 Golden Globe Awards

Taylor Swift In Etro - 2020 Golden Globe Awards

Those who were wanting a big, bold statement to ring in the New Year will not be let down by Taylor Swift at the 2020 Golden Globe Awards on Sunday (January 5) in Beverly Hills, CA, who seems to continue to embrace a Taylor 3.0 style.

Nominated for the ‘Beautiful Ghosts’ song from the musical film, ‘Cats,’ the entertainer showcased some mega flower power in a custom Etro gown styled with delightful Lorraine Schwartz jewels in matching jewel tones.

The Etro label favours florals, and this keyhole design took it to the next level.

This is a lot of look — with the oversized blooms partnered with the sweeping ball gown silhouette. But, I liked its daring, unexpected nature. What say you?

Credit: Getty

, , , , , ,

Margot Robbie In Chanel Haute Couture - 2020 Golden Globe Awards

Margot Robbie In Chanel Haute Couture – 2020 Golden Globe Awards

Ana De Armas In Ralph & Russo - 2020 Golden Globe Awards

Ana De Armas In Ralph & Russo – 2020 Golden Globe Awards

31 Responses to Taylor Swift In Etro – 2020 Golden Globe Awards

1. Guest January 6, 2020 at 4:58 pm #

I really love this for Taylor. A rare win for her recent red-carpet outings.

2. Los_NGLS January 6, 2020 at 4:00 pm #

Love the print and fabric, hate everything else.

3. MissHebble January 6, 2020 at 1:07 pm #

I like the dress. It feels refreshing given some of the looks we’ve seen on this red carpet. And I am soooo ready for spring 🙂

4. Guest January 6, 2020 at 12:56 pm #

Taylor Swift is my all time favorite girl crush, and shall I say after keeping low profile for almost 2 years, her red carpet comeback has been going strong one after another. This one is no exception, despite I wanted a stronger lip color, however she looks stunning as usual!! Head to toe PERFECTION, well done Queen Taylor!! Swifties all the way baby!!

5. Noor January 6, 2020 at 12:54 pm #

She’s selling those earrings. I think recently I’m in love with jewelry more than dresses itself.

6. Guest January 6, 2020 at 10:05 am #

I feel like she came dressed as Adele. For luck?

7. Catarina_M January 6, 2020 at 9:29 am #

I don’t like the pattern or the keyhole. Nope.

8. Guest January 6, 2020 at 5:16 am #

The only good thing here is I did not expect her to wear this.

9. Guest January 6, 2020 at 5:13 am #

While I’m not usually a fan of big bold prints on the red carpet, this one works for me, esp in those colors. Love how the keyhole design breaks up some of that pattern and adds a youthful look. However, the fit is a little off – maybe a bit too loose around the middle?

10. Maya_S January 6, 2020 at 3:51 am #

Like! 👍🏼

11. Guest January 6, 2020 at 3:02 am #

Usually, I love Taylor’s beauty look but this one is bad. The dress is not good either — no to the keyhole and the print.

12. StJosephCross January 6, 2020 at 3:01 am #

none of this is flattering

13. Jess Mara January 6, 2020 at 2:21 am #

Seems like a new direction for her with the bold print. I think it suits her very well and seems very young and fresh but I would have loved it a bit more without the keyhole.

14. Guest January 6, 2020 at 1:39 am #

Not normally a Taylor fan, but she looks like a 60s goddess! Would love a bolder lip but overall I think this is a winner for her!

15. KseniaBradner January 6, 2020 at 1:39 am #

“Daring” and “unexpected”? Rachel, what are you on about? This is Taylor Swift, so this look is exactly conservative and a very expected silhouette she’s done a million times. Taylor has done this silhouette before, and better, like her recent Oscar de la Renta and her CMA Awards red Elie Saab Couture.

This gown is Martha Stewart Mom At the Gala garbage.

16. Guest January 6, 2020 at 1:34 am #

I don’t know if it’s the print or the actual cut of the dress that’s not working for me or both, but I’m not feeling it.

17. JasLinds January 6, 2020 at 1:34 am #

Love those colours on her! But not sure about the fit – maybe it’s the camera angle, but it looks a bit bulky on her.

18. Guest January 6, 2020 at 1:31 am #

a bold look, loving it

19. Guest January 6, 2020 at 1:31 am #

she looks stunning and the colour!!!! WOW

20. Guest January 6, 2020 at 1:25 am #

Ugly print. If it was in red or blue, it would have worked.

The gown is too bulky, makes her look fat.
    The hair and makeup is non existent.

Her style use to be good, what happened?

21. Guest January 6, 2020 at 1:24 am #

Ha, after the mauling Cats movie received I would have thought go for a quiet look.
    The dress is sunny and print is welcomed and again not what I would have expected from Taylor though red premiere ODLR was nicer. I’m not crazy the the keyhole but it perhaps make the look more youthful. The earrings are fab.

• Guest January 6, 2020 at 1:43 am #

She’s nominated for best original song.
      Bad movies with good original songs get nominated all the time.
      50 shades of grey, love me like u do got a nomination some few years ago

• Guest January 6, 2020 at 1:55 am #

So? I knew all that already.

• JR January 6, 2020 at 2:35 am #

Oh Ruth. Always managing to twist the knife.

• Guest January 6, 2020 at 10:41 am #

Why should she go for a “quiet look” just because her movie bombed? She wrote a critically acclaimed song that got nominated and she’s entitled to celebrate that and dress like an actual nominee (just like everybody else that got nominated).

With that that being said, I think she looks perfectly lovely here. The gown is beautiful.

22. Vizual Ninja January 6, 2020 at 1:21 am #

I’m kinda averse to loud floral patterns but surprisingly I like this, I think it’s down to the design and break in the fabric thanks to that keyhole detail. It’s the most interesting look she has offered us in recent memory whilst still being true to her overall style. The earrings were a nice touch as well.

23. Guest January 6, 2020 at 1:18 am #

A great look to start the decade. Her beauty look also amazing

24. Dominos January 6, 2020 at 1:17 am #

I really like that she took a chance and I love the colours but there’s something about the fit of the bodice is off.

• Guest January 6, 2020 at 1:23 am #

25. Phee phee January 6, 2020 at 1:16 am #

The keyhole takes it down several notches for me. Cheapens it somewhat.
    The pattern is a lot but I dont feel it overwhelms…..instead it feels fresh on her.
    Lovely silhouette. Also liking the beauty look.

• Paola102 January 6, 2020 at 5:14 pm #

Something is off, could be the keyhole. Otherwise nice look.