Menu

October 11, 2019 Premiere, Runway To Red Carpet

The Louis Vuitton ambassadors were out in force on the red carpet on Thursday night (October 10).

First we had Alicia Vikander, and now we have Emma Stone joining Zoey Deutch for the premiere of Sony Pictures’ ‘Zombieland Double Tap’ in Westwood, California.

When it comes to Emma Stone in LV, we hold her to the highest standard.

And I have to say I was very happy with this Louis Vuitton Spring 2020 outing.

It has a feeling of fall, despite the Spring label.

The colours – especially the red – are gorgeous with her red hair, plus this provides a delightful change of pace to the muted colours that were slowly pulling her down that rabbit hole that leads to boredom.

I adore the complementary yellow and green eye makeup, but the shoes, although I don’t hate them, could’ve been better.

Embed from Getty Images
Louis Vuitton Spring 2020

, , , , , ,

Priyanka Chopra Continues To Hold Onto Summer At The THR Power Business Managers Breakfast

Sam Smith Rocks Lacy Menagerié Intimates At The 2019 Attitude Awards

Sam Smith Rocks Lacy Menagerié Intimates At The 2019 Attitude Awards

28 Responses to Emma Stone Was True To Form In Louis Vuitton For The ‘Zombieland Double Tap’ LA Premiere

1. CharlotteLG October 12, 2019 at 10:36 am #

Suprised to see it’s LV as it’s pretty good!
    The shoes could have been better but that’s minor, she looks great.

2. Guest October 12, 2019 at 9:53 am #

I was ok with this until I got to the shoes. I mean these were the best you could find for Emma Stone???

3. MissHebble October 12, 2019 at 8:50 am #

I don’t really like the shoes but the rest is great!

4. Guest October 11, 2019 at 6:06 pm #

Love – so chic and the colors are great.

5. Guest October 11, 2019 at 5:42 pm #

I love this! The colors are perfect for fall and the Zombieland red carpet. Am I weird for loving these LV looks lately?

6. KseniaBradner October 11, 2019 at 5:22 pm #

This look is a classic Emma Stone look. Like, this could be from 2012 or 2017. I love it.

7. Guest October 11, 2019 at 3:42 pm #

For LV this is fairly OK. Her hair and makeup are perfect, and I covet those shoes.

8. Guest October 11, 2019 at 3:23 pm #

Her best LV look.

9. P&P October 11, 2019 at 3:22 pm #

A Louis Vuitton look that is actually good??? Automatic win.

10. Los_NGLS October 11, 2019 at 2:15 pm #

Something is missing ? Maybe more jewelry, or maybe she should’ve kept the runway brooch/flower. Also, I think the more covered up runway version looks better.
    The colors are lovely though, and I am team Ghesquiere all the way.
    Nicolas is a genius, and that is a hill I am HAPPY to die on.

• ? October 11, 2019 at 2:43 pm #

I love Ghesquiere too. His collaboration with Balenciaga was one of the best things that happened in the 2000’s fashion! I still drool over his last one from 2012.
      Now with LV, although he still makes pieces of art (those coats in his spring 2018 ready to wear collection were to die for), with the whole contract-ambassadors thing, I’ve kind of lost my enthusiasm. But then again I have the same problem with all brands that do that (Dior, Chanel etc)…

anonymous as always

• Guest October 11, 2019 at 6:07 pm #

Good to read I’m not the only one here who is Team Ghesquiere.

• Guest October 11, 2019 at 6:24 pm #

I loved Nicholas Ghesquiere at Balenciaga but he hasn’t made me fall in love or even like much most of his clothes at LV.

• Los_NGLS October 15, 2019 at 1:53 pm #

THOSE BROCADE COATS!! They had a few in the windows of their 5th Ave flagship in New York that season (or the season the coats belonged to) and I made a handful of trips just to watch and drool ??.
      As for Ghesquiere at Balenciaga, YES, absolutely all of the yes! I still get goosebumps when I see his peplum tops from Spring 2006, and the floral armor like dresses from Spring 2008!

• ? October 15, 2019 at 2:10 pm #

Yes those coats were spectacular…
      He has kind of an antique vibe in his designs, something like Salon Era meets Victorian, but in a fresh, current way.
      The arbor dresses for example, still look modern, even more than a decade after!

anonymous as always

• Los_NGLS October 15, 2019 at 2:15 pm #

also, this popped on my FB memories a couple days ago!

• Los_NGLS October 15, 2019 at 3:54 pm #

How did you feel about Wang at Balenciaga?

• ? October 15, 2019 at 4:39 pm #

He has in general a more minimalistic and urban approach, which although I like, I am not sure it was very Balenciaga. If I remember correctly, I did like his first collections with the brand but became a little repetitive at the end. Correct me if I am wrong…
      I am little bit indecisive about him to be honest. When he first came out I was really intrigued and I do own and love some of his pieces (whoever designs his shoes is excellent). But lately he fell under the radar for me. His clothes, not the accessories. Maybe I became a little biased, because a friend of mine was an intern at Balenciaga under him and he still makes fun of me for liking him back then as a designer ?

• ? October 15, 2019 at 8:15 pm #

I like the description ? and I remember those shorts!!! His collaboration with Balenciaga, was one those matches made in fashion heaven.
      May I ask if you like any other designer or collaborations?
      I think mine would probably be

• Jean Paul Gaultier for Hermes
      • Phoebe Philo for Chloe (loved her at Celine too)
      • Alber Elbaz for Lanvin (early collections)
      • Galliano for Dior
      • Hedi Slimane for Dior Homme (I was so excited when he got YSL and then I was really disappointed)
      • Raf Simons for Jil Sander

and I think I can go on forever ? I mean Tom Ford for Gucci was iconic too, Stella did a good job for Chloe as well and I do like Pierpaolo Piccioli for Valentino.

Sorry for the long post, I got a lilt bit overexcited ?

• Los_NGLS October 16, 2019 at 4:09 pm #

Yeah, Wang’s first collection at Balenciaga was really good. It had this motif of metamorphic rock running through it; a rebirth of sorts. And then it did sort of fall off towards his end, BUT I WOULD TAKE HIM ANY DAY OVER WHATEVER IT IS THAT DEMNA THINKS HE’S MAKING! Man do I strongly dislike that guy (‘s designs)!

• Los_NGLS October 16, 2019 at 4:34 pm #

Oh I love long reads ?

Well my interest in fashion really stemmed from couture and from designers who made VERY STRONG statements.
      So all time favs are definitely Galliano at Dior(!!!!) and McQueen.

I definitely enjoyed Alber at Lanvin (and I walked by him outside of a Lanvin in Paris once!), as well as Raf at both Jil Sander AND Dior. Though admittedly, I didn’t full throttle appreciate Raf at Dior until I saw some of his couture up close when I went to the Dior exhibition in Paris, in the summer of 2017.

I didn’t follow Hedi too much at Dior mens, but I did follow him at YSL, most of which I didn’t care for, until the last 2 collections. The second to last was this giant show in Cali, where he did what Hedi always does, which is always ‘Hedi’ , but it seemed like the most refined he’d ever done it. The final collection was smaller and truly quirky-beautiful! (this is the one that had that big fur heart shaped coat that Rihanna wore, and the massive blue fur coat Gaga wore once)

I also really loved Lacroix, select pieces of Karl at Chanel and Fendi, Stefano Pilati at YSL, and Sarah Burton’s first 3 or 4 collections after McQueen passed away (sadly they all look almost the same now).

• ? October 28, 2019 at 10:09 pm #

So sorry for my delayed response but I was super busy last week!
      I think Raf’s first collection at Dior was more of an understatement. It wasn’t as loud and extravagant as Galliano’s work, but it was sophisticated and well thought. I saw it more like an ode to Dior as a fashion house, and although not as memorable maybe as Galliano’s, I still appreciate and found it refreshing.
      I still like Hedi’s work but I am afraid I think it got a little repetitive now, and stuck at 2010. You know, with the bad-rock-party-yet-fashion girl vibe.
      l loved Lacroix too! I am still drooling over the Lacroix dresses Cate Blanchett wore.
      Pilati was indeed great at YSL. I have to admit I liked Karl at Fendi more than at Chanel. I am still in love with his spring ready-to-wear 2014 collection. I was so disappointed it didn’t get the attention it deserved. Although I am not a fan of fur (especially where it makes zero sense), but the colours, the textures and the silhouettes of this collection were simple sublime for me.
      Sarah Burton completely killed McQueen for me. McQueen was a league on his own, a true genius and a legend, and of course irreplaceable, impossible shoes to fill into, but she isn’t even trying any more. She kept the last aesthetic of his collection and milked it to death. It’s very sad that I can’t associate the brand with anything new and fresh now. She doesn’t make bad clothes, but she doesn’t make fashion either.

• ? October 28, 2019 at 10:17 pm #

After your question I went and google his collaboration with Balenciaga and you are right. His first collection for them, was amazing!
      I don’t like Demna’s work either. His has some great colour combinations on the runway, but the clothes have this fugly aesthetic it’s now in fashion, which I can’t wait to pass. Some looks are ok but few of them and just ok.

• Los_NGLS October 29, 2019 at 2:09 pm #

Yeah, every now and then he’ll do a worthwhile gown, or a statement piece. I did kinda like when he commandeered Bernie Sander’s campaign logo, also those big fur stoles with the giant BALENCIAGA on them were kinda cool (at least as worn by Rihanna, lol), and of course that stunning canary yellow number and gold metallic thigh high boots that Michelle Obama wore to one of the last appearances on her book tour.

I DESPISE that fugly aesthetic, lol. He is also adamant on using ‘real’ people as models, which is makes no sense, cause real people can’t afford Balenciaga LOL!

11. Guest October 11, 2019 at 1:01 pm #

If a LV look by Nicholas Ghesquiere isn’t that ugly, then it’s a win… I guess this is a win. Those shoes are sooo wrong though.

• Guest October 12, 2019 at 5:25 am #

Agreed. It’s easy to like this LV look because we have extremely low standards for this luxury brand. LOL

Most, if not all, of the runway clothes are simply fugly or too futuristic or dated looking.

• Guest October 12, 2019 at 10:09 am #

Tbh, I do like this brand but only accessories. Thier clothing line is just awful!
      I think they do have some nice pieces from time to time. it’s just most of them need to be worn separately.

12. Guest October 11, 2019 at 12:55 pm #

I’m shook that I’m seeing a runway LV look that I like and that it isn’t stuck in late 80s/early 90s. My only complaint about the shoes is removing the ankle straps.