Menu

October 11, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

2019 amfAR Gala Los Angeles

A host of celebrities hit the purple carpet for the 2019 amfAR Gala Los Angeles held at Milk Studios on Thursday (October 10) in California, where they supported the fund raising efforts for the awareness for AIDS research.

Eva Longoria:  As you know, Eva Longoria in this current groove is one I adore.  From the colour to the sultry keyhole detail, I love this Dundas Pre-Fall 2019 dress, but I do wish the front part under the drape didn’t appear so baggy.

Gwyneth Paltrow:  The actress appears to be favouring loose silhouettes on the red carpet lately.  It started at the Emmys, then ‘The Politician’ New York premiere, and here we have it again, courtesy of Adam Lippes Spring 2020 collection.  Gwyneth tends to stick to solid colours, so of those three looks, this one feels very fresh with the bold red embroidery popping against the white background. Bulgari jewels and Jimmy Choo shoes completed her look.

Dundas Pre-Fall 2019
Adams Lippes Spring 2020

Lea Michele: I love how the floral brocade and romantic styling of this Reem Acra Fall 2019 piece is highlighted with a nipped waist that falls to a voluminous ball skirt with pintucked details at the hips.  It almost feels Victorian.

Alexandra Daddario:  The ‘Why Women Kill’ actress is usually one of my faves on the red carpet, but I was very much underwhelmed by the shapelessness of this offering.

Reem Acra Fall 2019

Kathryn Newton:  The actress wore a custom Salvatore Ferragamo asymmetrical silk crepe gown in a striking royal blue hue. I wish the Ferragamo accessories lived up to the dress.

Rumer Willis:  She was also in Salvatore Ferragamo. I feel like the jacquard floral print of this tuxedo would’ve really popped in a brighter colour.

Christina Aguilera:  In terms of doing the most, and wearing a look that was most fitting for the occasion, no one surpassed Christina Aguilera in this Nicolas Jebran Capsule 2019 extravagant look.  For me she was the best dressed.  Do you agree?

Nicolas Jebran Capsule 2019

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Sam Smith Rocks Lacy Menagerié Intimates At The 2019 Attitude Awards

Sam Smith Rocks Lacy Menagerié Intimates At The 2019 Attitude Awards

Emmy Rossum Is Perfect In Purple For Amazon’s ‘Museum Of Modern Love’ LA Premiere

21 Responses to 2019 amfAR Gala Los Angeles

1. Paola102 October 15, 2019 at 2:38 pm #

Eva looks really good. I like Gwyneth’s dress, so romantic. I like Leah’s dress, but the beauty look is too harsh for it. I think Christina looks great. She does pull off the look. But I also think someone taller would have worn it even better.

2. Guest October 12, 2019 at 10:38 am #

Eva Longoria… just wow! So chic and what a great color for her.
    I also like Alexandra Daddario and Kathryn Newton, even if the shoe choice could be better.

3. CharlotteLG October 12, 2019 at 10:34 am #

Eva Longoria looks great even if I find he dress a bit tacky, the color is gorgeous on her.
    I like Gwyneth Paltrow look, it’s different of what we usually see on red carpet and it looks great, perfect for her.

4. Sharon M October 12, 2019 at 10:18 am #

Lea’s dress is by far the best for me. Eva looks great, but Inagree that tge ruching in the front is a bit too loose.

5. Guest October 12, 2019 at 9:50 am #

Christina is the stand out, but special mention to Eva for looking 6 feet tall in her dress and Lea for making brocade work off drapery.

6. Guest October 12, 2019 at 12:31 am #

Christina is rocking the hell out of that look. Her best in years!!

7. alvarospain October 12, 2019 at 12:03 am #

Eva Longoria for the win!

8. Guest October 11, 2019 at 9:17 pm #

I’m with you FC, Christina for the win!

9. Guest October 11, 2019 at 6:32 pm #

Lots of great looks

Lea Mitchell looks good
    Eva Longoria looks amazing. Check out that colour.

I love Christina’s look. She’s an aging diva, and this is how aging divas who have accomplished so much in their career dress.

• Guest October 14, 2019 at 11:53 am #

I love Christina’s look too. I couldn’t personally describe someone under 40 as an aging diva though!

10. Guest October 11, 2019 at 6:31 pm #

Christina looks amazing. Major diva moment. Best dressed of the event and one of the best of the week (nobody can top Angelina this week).

11. Guest October 11, 2019 at 5:44 pm #

I agree about the drape but still Eva’s good form is continuing. I like Gwyneth’s look here, I don’t think it would have been as successful without the up-do and I wish she had worn that hairstyle with the Valentino at the Emmys.
    Rumer’s outfit is chic but I wish she had worn a more fun outfit for this event. Lea’s look is very romantic and elegant, I’m enjoying the brocade. Christina outfit is great for her, it’s got her penchant for kitsch and drama but done well here.

12. KseniaBradner October 11, 2019 at 5:25 pm #

Christina’s style is usually just tacky, but this look on her is tacky in a good way.

That Adam Lippes gown is such a GP gown, so I love it on her.

13. Phee phee October 11, 2019 at 4:01 pm #

I love Kathryns dress. The blue is amazing. And the slinky light fit of the dress is gorgeous. I see your point about the accessories but its still a win for me.
    Eva and Gywneth look good.
    Christina looks ridiculous. She’s lost in all that fabric. It needed height.
    Leas dress is nice but doesn’t match her vibe in the least. It was for someone else.

• Guest October 11, 2019 at 11:07 pm #

Christina is literally swallowed by the fabric. This needs someone taller.

14. Guest October 11, 2019 at 3:37 pm #

They all look good except for Goop. I love Michele’s dress. Rumor needs a top.

15. Guest October 11, 2019 at 3:22 pm #

Christina Aguilera
    best look ever in years

• Alisha78 October 12, 2019 at 6:34 am #

I got $19k on..easyjob50.

16. ? October 11, 2019 at 2:52 pm #

Although they look like they are in completely different events, I like Gwynneth Paltrow and Lea Michele here a lot.
    I also like the colour on Eva Longoria and the simplicity of Kathryn Newton’s look.

anonymous as always

17. Guest October 11, 2019 at 2:37 pm #

Eva Longoria!!!! Its October and even now I am waiting for Cannes….

18. Guest October 11, 2019 at 2:25 pm #

Gwynneth – Looks like a column version of a muu muu.