Menu

October 2, 2019 Premiere, Runway To Red Carpet

Kristen Stewart appears to be hitting every film festival in 2019 while promoting her latest film ‘Seberg.’

On Wednesday (October 2), she took to the red carpet for the Zurich Film Festival premiere in Switzerland.

Depending on the era in which you were brought up, plaid can have many different connotations.

For some, it might be linked to the movie clueless in the ’90s, for me I associate it with grunge music, Kurt Cobain and rebellion in general from the ’80s.

I’m guessing Kristen stylist had the latter in mind for her client when selecting this Chanel Fall 2019 Haute Couture gown.

I do love this look.  I had it on my wish list for Lily Aldridge, but despite that, Kristen was not the one to sell this look to me.

Had it been shorter, perhaps.  But this needed a gala gown girl to make it work.  This isn’t an easy fabric to pull off in the first instance.

And I can’t say the styling, particularly the necklace, is working either.

Embed from Getty Images
Chanel Fall 2019 Haute Couture

Credit: Andreas Rentz/Getty Images for ZFF & Vogue.com

, , , , , , , ,

Natalie Portman's Ditsy, Meadow-Style For The 'Lucy In The Sky' Build Series

Natalie Portman’s Ditsy, Meadow-Style For The ‘Lucy In The Sky’ Build Series

Gwendoline Christie Opens The London Film Festival With 'The Personal History Of David Copperfield' Premiere In Another Epic Iris van Herpen Haute Couture Look

Gwendoline Christie Opens The London Film Festival With ‘The Personal History Of David Copperfield’ Premiere In Another Epic Iris van Herpen Haute Couture Look

17 Responses to Kristen Stewart Rocks Plaid Chanel Haute Couture For The ‘Seberg’ Zurich Film Festival Premiere

1. Guest October 4, 2019 at 8:27 pm #

this as a midi would’ve been perfect on her.

2. Guest October 3, 2019 at 6:08 pm #

I think the dress works for her, I just hate the styling with the necklace. I would like Lily Aldridge to wear it.

3. Guest October 3, 2019 at 3:54 pm #

This is her style.
    Reminds me a bit of Avril Lavigne, now that I come to think of it.
    This rock punk chic is working out for her.
    I just wish the make-up was different

4. Paola102 October 3, 2019 at 2:15 pm #

It’s a nice dress, especially when you see the back. The styling is a let down. It’s as if she decided to change her outfit, but ran out of time to change the make-up, hair and accessories to match.

5. Catarina_M October 3, 2019 at 2:13 pm #

I can relate to the grunge/rebellion connotation but, Kristen doesn’t make this dress work. And the chain is out of place.

6. Sharon M October 3, 2019 at 11:06 am #

Her hair is a mess, as usual, and I can never get past the unpleasant expression that is always on her face. There are other youngish actresses who don’t conform to the “norm” who manage to look pleasant, and not like it is beneath them to attend these events.

7. lmkw October 3, 2019 at 9:59 am #

I liked it a lot then I saw it from the back and fell in love with it. Once again Kristen lets her edge show. I’m not sure why anyone would want anything else from her.

8. Guest October 3, 2019 at 5:49 am #

Stunning – I don’t love Chanel, but this dress is gorgeous. I don’t get the hate, and the “wish she’d had a shower” comments. Her makeup is consistently flawless. Just because she doesn’t conform to what people expect – she makes couture work for her.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards October 3, 2019 at 8:13 am #

She doesn’t need to conform. I for one love her individuality. It’s moments like this I don’t appreciate

9. Guest October 3, 2019 at 4:02 am #

I wish whomever styled her would have washed her hair. Looks like greasy bed-head. I love Kristen but so tired of seeing her looking like she must smell….and not in a good way 🙀

10. Phee phee October 3, 2019 at 4:57 am #

great dress. Beautiful. the styling let it down though.

11. Guest October 3, 2019 at 4:37 am #

I hope to see someone else wears this because I really like this dress cause Kristen is not selling it to me. Her whole beauty look (hair, makeup, jewelry) is a mess and brings the whole look down.

12. JasLinds October 3, 2019 at 12:56 am #

Would have preferred this just a little shorter and with black pointed ankle boots to really capture Kristen’s style. (can’t see what shoes she’s wearing)

13. Guest October 3, 2019 at 12:56 am #

The dress is okay, nice from the back. KS doesn’t sell it, the hair and jewelry bring it down.

14. Guest October 3, 2019 at 12:29 am #

She always looks dazed and miserable. Ruins the look.

15. Guest October 3, 2019 at 12:14 am #

Kristen is sort of stuck in this “rebellious I don’t give an F” look that is getting very old at this point, especially when she is wearing Chanel. This might have worked for her without the necklace and a different beauty look.

16. Guest October 2, 2019 at 10:39 pm #

This is not her dress. Lily Aldridge or Charlize would rock this dress.