Menu

October 2, 2019

Natalie Portman’s Ditsy, Meadow-Style For The ‘Lucy In The Sky’ Build Series

Natalie Portman's Ditsy, Meadow-Style For The 'Lucy In The Sky' Build Series

Natalie Portman discussed ‘Lucy in the Sky’ with Build Series at Build Studio on Tuesday (October 2) in New York City.

My excitement here is twofold.  I’m sure you guess why.

1. She’s not wearing black, and 2. She’s wearing something other than Dior.

Since Susie Cave created The Vampire’s Wife back in 2016, her feminine dresses have been worn by everyone from Florence Welch to Margot Robbie.

This sighting is our third of the week.

Natalie’s ‘The Hummingbird’ dress, patterned with ditsy, meadow-style flowers that features the label’s signature shoulder pads and tiered midi hem was dreamy enough, but those gorgeous red sandals were the cherry on top of this delicious cake.

This might just be my favourite look from Natalie since her Gucci dress from Venice Film Festival last year.

I’m glad she opted for a neutral makeup, as a red lip would’ve suppressed the freshness that I’m currently getting from this look.

Credit: Getty

, , , , ,

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge Wears ARoss Girl x Soler To The Aga Khan Center

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge Wears ARoss Girl x Soler To The Aga Khan Center

Kristen Stewart Rocks Plaid Chanel Haute Couture For The 'Seberg' Zurich Film Festival Premiere

Kristen Stewart Rocks Plaid Chanel Haute Couture For The ‘Seberg’ Zurich Film Festival Premiere

21 Responses to Natalie Portman’s Ditsy, Meadow-Style For The ‘Lucy In The Sky’ Build Series

1. Guest October 5, 2019 at 8:54 pm #

I think The Vampire’s Wife dresses must be cut so well because I never saw someone wearing a dress of the brand and look less than great. Obviously I dream of having one of this beautiful and feminine dresses.
    This is such a great look from Portman, the dress is beautiful and the sandals perfect for it.

2. Guest October 3, 2019 at 6:10 pm #

Such a fresh charming look. I love the sandals and it’s the first time in ages that I haven’t eyerolled at seeing Another Vampire dress outing.

3. Mady1908 October 3, 2019 at 6:08 pm #

Colourful, fresh, her hair are gorgeous, the shoes are absolute fire, I love them, I want them, please give them to me!
    I usually hate this brand but on Natalie, it is something completely different, it suits her like a glove, very true to her. Best outing in a long while 🙂

4. Paola102 October 3, 2019 at 1:46 pm #

I love this. A breath of freshness and lightness that belies the fall weather around the corner.

5. Guest October 3, 2019 at 11:24 am #

I think Natalie also wore TVW on Ellen’s show a couple of days ago, although that dress was shorter and had a slightly different silhouette. I continue to be in awe of Susie Cave’s (and her team’s) ability to build such a loyal celebrity fan base!

6. Sharon M October 3, 2019 at 11:08 am #

So pretty! And such a genuine smile…

7. lmkw October 3, 2019 at 10:01 am #

I don’t like this at all. I don’t like the dress alone and it’s even worse on her. It looks cheap and too twee.

8. Phee phee October 3, 2019 at 2:37 am #

I would of guessed Millie Bobby Brown. Natalie looks like a kid here. Millie would of suited this but not Natalie.
    Looks ridiculous. too tight and too stiff.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards October 3, 2019 at 8:14 am #

Ah yes. I see the MMB resemblance here

9. Guest October 3, 2019 at 1:15 am #

This looks like the teen version of The Vampire’s Wife, or, if this brand
    collaborates with Target or H&M. Still, it’s The Vampire Wife, and I really have a serious fatigue about it.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards October 3, 2019 at 8:16 am #

But if you didn’t know it was the TVW would you like this dress?

the design is a bit different on this particular style

• Guest October 3, 2019 at 9:36 am #

Well I don’t hate it, but still I don’t like it on Natalie either. It just looks too twee on her. This is more suitable for teens imo.

10. SarahS95 October 3, 2019 at 12:41 am #

This is beautiful, so fresh and light – this is also maybe the first time I’ve wanted to own a Vampire Wife’s dress this one is just so gorgeous

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards October 3, 2019 at 8:15 am #

It’s beautiful

11. JasLinds October 3, 2019 at 12:35 am #

I love this! Perfect styling. She’s glowing!

12. Jess Mara October 3, 2019 at 12:25 am #

Im amazed how much I love this, considering it is another Vampires Wife dress. Seems like shes following after Kirsten Dunst’s best she’s ever looked outing.
    I love that it’s colourful and also not Dior! She looks happy and fresh here so it’s a big win for me.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards October 3, 2019 at 8:14 am #

Very big win for me too

• _Hannah_ October 3, 2019 at 10:19 am #

My thoughts exactly!

13. Guest October 3, 2019 at 12:11 am #

The sandals are a nice change of pace. I could not care less about the dress even though she does look brighter than usual. I would have loved to have a post on this look: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7506231/Natalie-Portman-makes-bold-fashion-choice-plunging-black-mini-dress-Lucy-Sky-premiere.html Talk about something different for NP.

14. Guest October 2, 2019 at 10:40 pm #

I still hate this dress but she looks happy in it. Don’t like the blonde hair.

15. Guest October 2, 2019 at 9:27 pm #

She looks amazing!! I didn’t even recognise her at first.