Menu

September 10, 2019 Premiere, Runway To Red Carpet

‘Downton Abbey’ World Premiere

The ‘Downton Abbey’ cast dug out their finery for the worldwide premiere of the film adaptation on Monday (September 10) in London, ahead of its release in cinemas on 13 September.

Michelle Dockery:   Lady Mary looked very elegant wearing a Galvan Fall 2019 gold gown which despite all its shimmering excellence, felt very simple and effortless.

Laura Carmichael: For a world premiere Lady Edith didn’t quite live up to the occasion in this Monse Resort 2020 gown.  It’s a beautiful piece, but didn’t feel grand enough for the occasion in my opinion, especially for one of the leading actress’.

Galvan Fall 2019
Monse Resort 2020

Elizabeth McGovern:  Now this is how you work the red carpet at a world premiere.  Cora, Countess of Grantham shut down this red carpet in her Zac Posen hot pink gown.  Everything about this said “world premiere” from the glamorous gown, to her complementary David Morris jewels..

Sophie McShera:  Our favourite kitchen cook Daisy Mason sure does scrub up well.  The actress, who I was shocked to discover is 34-years-old, looked very elegant in her Safiyaa Fall 2019 gown.   I adore the way this gown fits like a glove and how the ruffled details adds to the glamour. This was easily my favourite of the night.

Safiyaa Fall 2019

Tuppence Middleton: The British actress who plays Lucy in the new film, stood out in a black tiered gown from COPURS by Derya Copur, styled with Jessica McCormack jewels.

Kate Phillips:  At first I thought the actress, who plays Princess Mary in the movie, was wearing a look from The Vampire’s Wife, but her starry print dress is actually from Mary Katrantzou.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Shop the look

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2019 Toronto Film Festival Menswear

2019 Toronto Film Festival Menswear

James Bond 'No Time To Die' Matera Photocall

James Bond ‘No Time To Die’ Matera Photocall

19 Responses to ‘Downton Abbey’ World Premiere

1. Guest September 16, 2019 at 4:40 am #

OK, I am not sure what I love more. Tuppence Middleton’s name or her dress!

2. Guest September 11, 2019 at 11:47 am #

Tupence, Elizabeth and Michelle are my favourites here!
    Michelle maybe the best

3. Guest September 11, 2019 at 7:14 am #

What a lovely red carpet. Sofie is really the only one I don’t like.
    Michelle is just gorgeous here—perfectly styled. Elizabeth in this Zac Posen is just stunning. She looks radiant. I also like this ruffled confection from Tuppence, and I do like this sexier vibe from Laura.

4. EloiseH September 11, 2019 at 4:21 am #

I love Michelle and I really like her dress but somehow I don’t think this is a good color for her. It clash against her skin.

5. Jess Mara September 11, 2019 at 3:25 am #

What a lovely red carpet!!!
    Sophie’s gown fits so well and is my favourite, Michelle looks like liquid gold and Elizabeth stands out in bright pink! The coloured stripes on Tuppance’s tiered gown are really interesting.
    Well done Downton Ladies, cant wait for the movie

6. JasLinds September 11, 2019 at 1:03 am #

WOW Elizabeth – stunning colour and incredible construction/fit.
    Michelle would have been up there but I don’t like her hair or the earrings.
    Generally a great job for everyone though.

7. Nat123 September 10, 2019 at 10:23 pm #

I loved everyone. My fav is Elizabeth looks. The color makes her pop.

8. Guest September 10, 2019 at 7:52 pm #

My fave is Elizabeth but I actually think everyone looked good here.

9. Guest September 10, 2019 at 6:53 pm #

Best dressed red carpet of the year! Michelle BDOTW, but they all look really good.

10. Paola102 September 10, 2019 at 6:49 pm #

What a nice Red Carpet event! All look good. My favourites are Elizabeth (what a colour) and Sophie.

11. Guest September 10, 2019 at 6:37 pm #

Great red carpet. Michelle, Elizabeth and Tuppence, whose name I love, are my favorite. Kate is not my favorite but I think my bias against the Vampire’s Wife is showing.

12. alvarospain September 10, 2019 at 5:19 pm #

Michelle is clearly the best here.

13. Noor September 10, 2019 at 4:57 pm #

Sophie has no great styling to be impressed but as you said I too adore the fit. It’s like the dress has sewn on her body. She looks lovely.

14. Phee phee September 10, 2019 at 4:55 pm #

What a wonderful RC! They all look great. very rare for that to happen it seems.
    My faves are Michelle and Elizabeth. Both for the amazing colors and sleek fits.

15. Guest September 10, 2019 at 3:46 pm #

Tuppence is my favourite here, I saw a closer shot and love the colours on the tiers and ruffles subtly at play amidst the black background. Michelle looks glamorous and elegant but without much fuss.

16. Guest September 10, 2019 at 3:39 pm #

Laura looks best in Erdem and Christopher Kane. Ever since Rebecca Corbin-Murray started styling her her style hasn’t been interesting.

17. KseniaBradner September 10, 2019 at 3:29 pm #

All the women look great! Sofie, Elizabeth and Michelle stand out.

18. ? September 10, 2019 at 3:29 pm #

They’re all good, but my favourites have to be:
    -Michelle Dockery (simple yet striking dress)
    -Sophie McShera (I would preferred a different hairstyle with the dress, but her body looks amazing in it. Perfect fit.)
    -Tuppence Middleton (her look has an effortlessly dramatic vibe I like)
    I also like Kate Phillips’s beauty look.

anonymous as always

19. Guest September 10, 2019 at 3:26 pm #

I think everyone looks good with Michelle being the standout.