Menu

September 10, 2019 Premiere, Runway To Red Carpet

2019 Toronto Film Festival Menswear

For the first weekend of the 2019 Toronto Film Festival, the men were out in force — and with the style firepower to match.

Michael B Jordan: We know Michael can rock a statement jacket, and he proved it yet again at the ‘Just Mercy’ premiere on Friday (September 6). Only he could look so seriously dapper in this intricately embroidered Givenchy Spring 2020 design that was nearly regal on him.

Eddie Redmayne: Eddie also worked his most handsome angles in a this micro-houndstooth Alexander McQueen slim-fitting suit and skinny tie that was style-forward in all the right ways at ‘The Aeronauts’ premiere on Saturday (September 8).

Givenchy Spring 2020
Alexander McQueen Fall 2019

Riz Ahmed: While the shortened proportions were intentional on this custom Thom Browne mohair tuxedo with washed frayed faille tipping, I still found the silhouette rather awkward when the actor showed up for the ‘Sound of Metal’ premiere on Friday (September 6).

Robert Pattinson: At the The Hollywood Foreign Press Association and The Hollywood Reporter party on Saturday (September 7), the actor put a twist on the traditional in this Dior Men Spring 2020 satin-accented suit with a silver dress shirt.

Finn Wolfhard: The young actor also looked like a young rock star in this Saint Laurent by Anthony Vaccarello suit at ‘The Goldfinch’ premiere on Sunday (September 8).

Ansel Elgort: Joining Robert Pattinson at the HFPA and THR party, Ansel went for a whiteout in this Dior Men white wool embroidered suit. To keep it cool with casual flair, he paired it with a white cotton t-shirt and B23 white high-top sneakers.

Credit: Getty

, , , , , , ,

Nicole Kidman In Valentino, Christian Dior, Chloe & Chanel Haute Couture - HFPA/THR TIFF Party & 'The Goldfinch' Toronto Film Festival Press Conference & Premiere

Nicole Kidman In Valentino, Christian Dior, Chloe & Chanel Haute Couture – HFPA/THR TIFF Party & ‘The Goldfinch’ Toronto Film Festival Press Conference & Premiere

'Downton Abbey' World Premiere

‘Downton Abbey’ World Premiere

15 Responses to 2019 Toronto Film Festival Menswear

1. PBSpread September 12, 2019 at 7:12 am #

Finn Wolfhard’s rocking that fit (that looked meh on the runway, looks great on him). The fact that a 16 year old is killing it in YSL against a bunch of men is pretty awesome to see. Keep on rocking kid! Coolest teen in Hollywood. Love Eddie’s look. Ansel looks great, but not a fan of the wrinkly suit look.

2. Guest September 11, 2019 at 10:25 am #

all great except Riz

3. Jess Mara September 11, 2019 at 3:30 am #

Wowo some very interesting menswear looks here but Eddie and Michael B Jordan win for me in a landslide.

4. Guest September 10, 2019 at 10:28 pm #

Sorry MBJ, that is Chadwick’s jacket

5. ? September 10, 2019 at 3:23 pm #

They’re all good, but the first two take the cake 🙂

anonymous as always

6. James Mackay September 10, 2019 at 10:20 am #

MBJ and Eddie for me. The rest is either meh or a mess.

7. _Hannah_ September 10, 2019 at 9:59 am #

Eddie and Michael nailed it. Robert’s look is quite quirky and I like it. Finn and Ansel also look interesting. Riz… well he looks so serious in not a very serious suit, I don’t know what to think about it.

8. Guest September 10, 2019 at 9:20 am #

Michael’s coat would have looked better on him if it stopped just above his knee then below it but I love the print.
    I’m a big of Eddie’s houndstooth suit and Riz’s cropped pant look.

9. Phee phee September 10, 2019 at 3:45 am #

Michael and Eddie are the most striking lads here. Very sleek.

• Guest September 10, 2019 at 7:27 am #

• Alejandra6 September 10, 2019 at 7:48 am #

I have earned $24 on…easy job 50

10. Vizual Ninja September 10, 2019 at 3:32 am #

Top row is killing it. Finn and Ansel look good too. I’m not sure if I like that satin detail on Robert’s suit, on my phone it looks like he has a laptop or tablet sticking out of his jacket.

11. Noor September 10, 2019 at 3:15 am #

Eddie Redmayne. There’s always something I like to see in him. Gives colorful vibes at times, strips, patterns, or polka dots. Some days he comes all casual. Other times with decent attire. He tells me it’s not necessary to try way too hard to look handsome. Always chic and refreshing.

Of course I’ve seen some bad looks too. Well, we all have bad days.

12. KseniaBradner September 10, 2019 at 2:46 am #

Is it just me or do all of Eddie Redmayne’s looks roll into one -not because he’s boring- because they are always just the right amount of interesting? He dips his toes in spins on classic menswear but never dives head-first. MBJ is the best for me. Chadwick Bosman is bummed he didn’t get to this look first.

13. Guest September 10, 2019 at 2:46 am #

I am over Thom Brown and his shortened pants. Ansel and Robert look good here.