Menu

May 19, 2019 Premiere

Posted by Catherine Kallon
Taylor Hill In Ines Di Santo - 'Too Old To Die Young' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Taylor Hill attended the second Cannes Film Festival premiere on Friday (May 17) in France for ‘Too Old To Die Young.’

Some of you are longing for more than the predictable gowns we’ve seen on some of our favourite stars, so I’m wondering how this Ines Di Santo look will go down.

The two-piece sapphire bandeau and mini skirt with attached flowing floral printed cathedral train is a gorgeous outfit, but it almost feels a little casual, even with the train.

I started thinking how this would’ve worked for me, and I’m picturing this look with trousers or a jumpsuit.

Thoughts?

Credit: Getty

, , , ,

Gayle Rankin In Delpozo - ‘Pain And Glory (Dolor Y Gloria/ Douleur Et Glorie)’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Gayle Rankin In Delpozo – ‘Pain And Glory (Dolor Y Gloria/ Douleur Et Glorie)’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day Four Of Cannes Film Festival?

Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day Four Of Cannes Film Festival?

10 Responses to Taylor Hill In Ines Di Santo – ‘Too Old To Die Young’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Guest May 19, 2019 at 4:23 pm #

I love the print but the top and skirt feel tacky and underdressed and those shoes are just tacky.

2. Guest May 19, 2019 at 4:19 pm #

I can’t get past the tragic shoes.

3. Guest May 19, 2019 at 3:58 pm #

Starting with the shoes, they are so one year ago… I appreciate that as a model she didn’t go heavy on old hollywood glam because for the sake of some variety that’s not what I wanted her to do. I love the white and blue for her but not the actual floral print, especially the one that the bra top and the skirt are made out of. I would be interested to look at this with the flowy cape thing closed a la Jennifer Lopez’s iconic green Versace, keeping everything underneath as is. I would also take the necklace out and add earrings instead. It’s a simple adjustment and I feel the look would have worked more for me like that.

4. Guest May 19, 2019 at 3:57 pm #

I don’t know what this look is supposed to be. It is so disjointed — an elegant cape over a crop top casual outfit and those awful shoes. This is just bad. Next.

5. Phee phee May 19, 2019 at 3:54 pm #

I adore the sleeves/cape train. Its gorgeous.
    But I dont think the top and skirt match the elegance of that train.
    The train reads regal, and the top/skirt read beach.

Its almost there….

• Jess Mara May 20, 2019 at 3:46 am #

I agree. I think she needed a slinky navy sequined colum dress or perfectly tailored cigarette pants, just something else. It doesn’t quite read well together.

6. Guest May 19, 2019 at 3:41 pm #

A very glam beach look. I think the print is what is making me think that because I actually like the shape and proportion.

7. Guest May 19, 2019 at 3:36 pm #

I hope you’re getting plenty of rest. I know there’s been a lot of fashion moments, but please remember to rest! ☺️ I think this would’ve made more of an impact with trousers. The train is lovely though

8. OGCaroline May 19, 2019 at 3:26 pm #

As soon as I saw this, it took my breath away. I think she looks wonderful.

9. Guest May 19, 2019 at 3:19 pm #

My first though when I saw this: She should have switched her Met Gala and Cannes looks.