Menu

Huma Qureshi is one of many Indian actresses to grace the 2019 Cannes Film Festival.

She made her mark at the premiere of ‘A Hidden Life (Une Vie Cachée)’ in dramatic fashion on Sunday (May 19) in France.

Celebrating an Indian designer, Huma wore a grey gown created by Gaurav Gupta.

Note how the ruffles create beautiful waves that don’t feel over-wrought, with an embellished bodice heightening the fantasy.

She maneuvered this piece with plenty of grace.

Were the brilliant blue Chopard earrings a bit too much of a contrast?

I love them and find the a tad distracting with equal measure.

You’ll see from the designer’s look book, that a few additional ruffles were applied to the look.

Gaurav Gupta Spring 2019 Couture

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , ,

Aja Naomi King In Zac Posen - 'A Hidden Life’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Aja Naomi King In Zac Posen – ‘A Hidden Life’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Aishwarya Rai In Jean-Louis Sabaji Couture - ‘A Hidden Life’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Aishwarya Rai In Jean-Louis Sabaji Couture – ‘A Hidden Life’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

16 Responses to Huma Qureshi In Gaurav Gupta Couture – ‘A Hidden Life’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Guest May 21, 2019 at 5:06 am #

I’m actually surprised you didn’t find this design overwrought, Catherine. It’s over-designed with too many ruffles and it doesn’t help that Huma is not tall enough to carry this off. As it is however, I am so sick of these big ruffled gowns – what is WITH all these ladies and the gigantic ball gowns, each trying to outdo the other? There is hardly any finesse or fashion-forwadness that a Cate Blanchett or Nicole Kidman would bring. I know this is rude but it’s all rather crass and predictable.

2. Guest May 20, 2019 at 6:33 pm #

This would have been gorgeous in sea foam green

3. Vizual Ninja May 20, 2019 at 4:01 am #

She looks like she’s being swallowed whole by some kind of storm cloud monster. The modifications here should’ve been less ruffles, not more.

4. Guest May 20, 2019 at 3:05 am #

I don’t like the gown (way too many ruffles, it no longer looks very tasteful) although it’s a good dramatic choice for Cannes, but she is not the right wearer for it – it needed someone with more stature and command. She just looks swamped and stumpy.

5. Guest May 20, 2019 at 1:49 am #

That is just too much fashion. I’m glad they got rid of the sleeve…but adding more ruffles?

6. Guest May 20, 2019 at 1:06 am #

This gown gives her extra volume, no woman wants “extra volume”

Interesting gown no doubt but it’s too much for such a small woman

7. Isabela May 20, 2019 at 12:39 am #

It looks dated in my opinion

8. Jerusa04 May 20, 2019 at 12:21 am #

Cannes is giving me BDOTY and WDOTY nominees, this goes in the second category.

9. SarahS95 May 19, 2019 at 11:45 pm #

I really like this and I’m glad that the embellished sleeve from the look book is gone, I don’t think she looks overwhelmed by the ruffles at all – she’s got the poise to pull it off for me

10. Guest May 19, 2019 at 10:31 pm #

It’s different and she makes it work but I don’t know if I like it

11. Guest May 19, 2019 at 9:50 pm #

Very interesting and well-constructed dress, in a beautifully elegant colour. I can’t help but notice, though, that it looks a tad overwhelming.

12. Guest May 19, 2019 at 9:43 pm #

Brownie points for the gorgeous makeup.

13. Phee phee May 19, 2019 at 9:42 pm #

No. Not a huge fan of grey. The amount of ruffles are too much and are overwhelming her.
    I also prefer the lookbook version.

14. OGCaroline May 19, 2019 at 9:39 pm #

Interesting and different.

15. Guest May 19, 2019 at 9:28 pm #

I don’t like this at all. I really like the look book version.

16. Guest May 19, 2019 at 9:10 pm #

It’s an interesting gown but it’s swamping her. Before the modifications the model manages to not get lost in it, she should have tried the original.