Menu

May 8, 2019

Saint Laurent @ 2019 Met Gala

Saint Laurent @ 2019 Met Gala

The house of Saint Laurent also had a full set of stars rocking the label at the 2019 Met Gala — much like all of the Louis Vuitton lovelies who graced the pink carpet on Monday (May 6) in New York City. You’d have thought the dress code was black by these entrances.

Rami Malek: Certainly a far more conservative approach to the night’s ‘camp’ theme, Rami let his feisty shoes do all the talking with this all-black tux. And, talk they did with a spicy, striped shout. I do love how their shimmery effect reflect that of his dress shirt.

Zoë Kravitz: Also in one of the more subtle statements of the night, her sequin gown still had sultry allure with the front cutout.

Shawn Mendes: Shawn also got the all-black memo. Was this studded suit on theme? Maybe not so much. But, on any other night, Shawn gets major points for the relaxed, rock-star vibe.

Saint Laurent @ 2019 Met Gala

Amber Valletta: The supermodel engaged in the art of the tease on the pink carpet, first strutting about in a boxy neon-green feathered coat before removing it to reveal a seductively high cut bodysuit.

Demi Moore: The actress looked stunning, of course, but this tuxedo gown and diamond pendant may leave some of you wishing for more on a night such as this.

Liam Hemsworth: This could have been any standard-issue outing for the actor, as he went the totally safe route by just wearing black.

Charlotte Casiraghi: Like many of these looks, this one teetered on the edge of the ‘camp’ theme with its high-low ruffles but little other styling to celebrate the fun of exaggeration.

Charlotte Gainsbourg: I think a stronger beauty look could have really taken this look to the next level.

Anja Rubik: I was starting to get a little bored, so thankfully Anja stepped in with her scrub-brush skirt.

Credit: Getty

Cody Fern Rocks Two Maison Margiela Artisanal Men's by John Galliano Looks To The 2019 Met Gala

Cody Fern Rocks Two Maison Margiela Artisanal Men’s by John Galliano Looks To The 2019 Met Gala

2019 Met Gala Menswear

2019 Met Gala Menswear

15 Responses to Saint Laurent @ 2019 Met Gala

1. Guest May 8, 2019 at 4:28 pm #

zoe looks so elegant even if she is half naked

2. Guest May 8, 2019 at 4:23 pm #

I like Rami’s shoes, otherwise I’m bored by his look. I like Zoe’s look, just not necessarily for this Met Gala.

3. Sharon Macklin May 8, 2019 at 11:15 am #

Amber’s bodysuit isn’t seductive in my mind. It is high-cut for sure, but the crotch area is so tight, her vulva bulges out the sides. Tragic.

4. Guest May 8, 2019 at 10:36 am #

Was disappointed with the Saint Laurent looks, especially considering there were so many better looks from the last collection that would have suited the theme! Why stick to mainly black? Zzzzzzzz

5. Guest May 8, 2019 at 8:08 am #

Another super boring fashion house that should be blacklisted from the Met as they never think about the theme.

6. Guest May 8, 2019 at 7:03 am #

I don’t agree with the cut of Amber’s bodysuit being seductive… the cut down to the waist flatters every inch, but then the taut front-wedgie it continues with is supposed to be considered not only an aesthetic, but on theme?

I am looking forward to tracking down the equivalent menswear looks that must have also taken this red carpet, because, surely, right? Male designers wouldn’t stray away from some serious pelvic bone exposure in their mens lines too?

7. Vizual Ninja May 8, 2019 at 2:54 am #

Rami was another disappointment for me, he could have easily pulled off an eccentric look for this theme but went the safe route instead, love the shoes though. Call me crazy but I love Amber here, it’s the kind of sexy I think the Hadid girls & some of the other younger models go for, difference is Amber 100% sells it, sans thirst.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards May 8, 2019 at 9:20 pm #

Very surprised by Rami. This was the guy who won an Oscar portraying Eddie Murphy. was in total shock

• Vizual Ninja May 8, 2019 at 11:46 pm #

Exactly, he could’ve even worn one of the costumes from that film if he was feeling lazy.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards May 9, 2019 at 12:21 pm #

yup.

• Guest May 10, 2019 at 11:35 am #

I think you meant Freddie Mercury

8. Guest May 8, 2019 at 2:02 am #

Many people were very underwhelmed with LV looks since most of their looks weren’t of the theme but I think YSL is even worst since it’s only one person who’s on or close to the theme.

Nice looks but not on theme.

9. OGCaroline May 8, 2019 at 1:14 am #

LOVE Amber! The rest are meh and typical YSL at the Met. Shout out to Shawn for being a whole daddy.

10. Phee phee May 8, 2019 at 12:52 am #

I was going for Amber in her green poof…until she took that green poof off.
    really, she should of kept it on.
    I love Ramis shoes. Zoe would of rocked her look on another night. she looks amazing.
    The others, are fine, for another event I suppose.

11. HighPriestess May 8, 2019 at 12:50 am #

YSL is one of my favorite brands, but it always underwhelms at the MET Gala. Zoe and Amber look amazing, but still very one-note and safe.