Menu

March 8, 2019

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Reiss – International Women’s Day Panel Discussion

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Reiss - International Women's Day Panel Discussion

This morning it was announced that Meghan Markle has become vice-president of The Queen’s Commonwealth Trust, which champions young leaders around the world, before she stepped out for International Women’s Day to take part in a panel convened by the organisation today (March 8) in London.

The pregnant Duchess opted for a short, retro-inspired shift dress with a high neckline and monochromatic pattern from British retailer Reiss.

Her printed ‘Azzura’ dress was very Twiggy-esqe with its ’60s mood and swirl print design.

I love how she kept the styling simple with a sharply tailored black Alexander McQueen blazer, a Stella McCartney clutch and her black Manolo Blahnik BB pumps.

Some might question the length considering she would be seated at this event, but I’m all about the vibrant print when it comes to this look.

Reiss Azzura Dress

Credit: AFP/Getty

, , , ,

Doutzen Kroes & Gwyneth Paltrow Kick Off The Spring 2019 Boiler Suit Trend

Doutzen Kroes & Gwyneth Paltrow Kick Off The Spring 2019 Boiler Suit Trend

Haley Lu Richardson In Jacquemus - 'Five Feet Apart' LA Premiere

Haley Lu Richardson In Jacquemus – ‘Five Feet Apart’ LA Premiere

35 Responses to Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Reiss – International Women’s Day Panel Discussion

1. kane March 29, 2019 at 10:29 pm #

Not convinced by the blazer with this look.

2. Amy March 11, 2019 at 7:33 am #

She looks cute and relax. The dress is definitely on the short side when she’s sitting but hey she got great legs.
    Pregnancy style is not easy, especially the first one so she’s doing fine,

3. Caroline March 9, 2019 at 2:51 pm #

She looks lovely.

4. JHH March 9, 2019 at 12:43 am #

Thank you.

5. brat March 8, 2019 at 5:48 pm #

I like this look and I’m happy to see her wearing British High Street. The dress doesn’t look that short when she’s standing.

I don’t think she realized how much thigh was going to be on display while crossing her legs. She’s an inch away from an oopsie. Really not that big of a deal though.

6. JHH March 8, 2019 at 4:49 pm #

She definitely looks modern. It’s just that I dislike the dress and the jacket the dress and the jacket looks too tight in the shoulder and arms. Who is the woman on the left in the first picture? I find myself liking her outfit.

• justme March 8, 2019 at 9:13 pm #

It’s Julia Gillard. She’s a former Prime Minister of Australia.

• JHH March 9, 2019 at 12:42 am #

Thank you.

• Tanya March 9, 2019 at 2:29 pm #

Yeah about 10 Prime Ministers ago!

• justme March 12, 2019 at 1:28 pm #

Thus “a former”. Jimmy Carter is still a former president of the USA. Words mean things.

7. Laura March 8, 2019 at 4:04 pm #

I will never understand the need to constantly find something to pick at. She looks great, modern, stylish and happy. The people that hate her clearly don’t wait for ammunition – because when they don’t have it they just invent it.

8. JD March 8, 2019 at 4:00 pm #

So are we now telling a pregnant woman what she can and can’t wear? Or what we think is appropriate? If she is comfortable and feels good, then isn’t that the whole point?

• Anne-Marie March 8, 2019 at 6:12 pm #

The whole point is that she is a duchess now, a royalty. She was representing HM the Queen at this event. She is not a celebrity anymore. And there is a huge difference between royalty and celebrity.
      The dress she wore is lovely but just not for today’s event.

• Laura March 8, 2019 at 6:45 pm #

You know they’re just people right and everything else is just made up nonsense? It’s not the 1800’s anymore and women can wear whatever they like and should be able to do so without the judgment of people stuck in the past.

• meme March 8, 2019 at 6:58 pm #

This is a fashion website where people comment on what famous people are wearing to various events. It’s called having an opinion and has nothing to do with living in the 1800’s. Meghan is a member of the RF now and cannot wear whatever she wants. It’s called protocol.

• Laura March 8, 2019 at 7:59 pm #

Yes she is a member of the royal family isn’t she – so logic would dictate that she knows more about what is protocol than you do. You can have any opinion you like and people here have the right to respond to your opinions.
            My opinion is that to be discussing the length of a grown woman’s skirt on International Women’s Day is ABSURB. Could you also please post a link to the royal protocol that you keep referring to which lists what she’s allowed to wear and where it states what skirt length is appropriate?

• TeaAtTwo March 8, 2019 at 10:03 pm #

Where’s the official list of appropriate royal skirt lengths? Lol, just because other people have said online that’s it’s too short doesn’t mean it’s not a stupid idea or an outdated opinion.

9. Estranged March 8, 2019 at 3:52 pm #

I wish we could see the look without the blazer, it seems too tight for her in the armpit and shoulders areas.The dress itself suits her well and I can’t help but be charmed by that radiant smile.

• Eni March 8, 2019 at 8:30 pm #

10. Nat123 March 8, 2019 at 3:24 pm #

The jacket seems to be too small on her. Also, I think the pattern of the dress is ugly. The only thing I liked was the shoes. Also, is it hot in London? This dress looks like a summer dress.

11. justme March 8, 2019 at 3:09 pm #

I like this look. Professional with a hint of playfulness.

From what I’ve seen, the people who have a problem with the length of the dress also have a problem with “feminism”. Unsurprisingly. It is what it is.

12. TeaAtTwo March 8, 2019 at 2:39 pm #

*Eyeroll that some people might have a problem with the length. I like the look, it’s formal with some fun.

• meme March 8, 2019 at 2:42 pm #

eyeroll all you want but sitting down, that’s a wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen. and i wouldn’t want that to happen to her in public. it would just give those people who hate her more ammunition.

• TeaAtTwo March 8, 2019 at 2:52 pm #

It’s been and gone and nothing happened and it would be the fault of the disreputable news outlets/editors for publishing photos of a crotchshot.

• meme March 8, 2019 at 3:03 pm #

That’s my point. They would publish it.

• TeaAtTwo March 8, 2019 at 4:04 pm #

The onus is would be on them for whipping up a fake scandal not on her to wear a certain dress length.

• meme March 8, 2019 at 5:37 pm #

I suggest you check other MAJOR fashion blogs as they ALL think the dress is too short for her to be sitting down. I’m not alone in thinking this. This site is getting ridiculous.

• Dom March 8, 2019 at 6:54 pm #

Ridiculous is needing validation by bringing up what they’re saying on other fashion blogs.

• meme March 8, 2019 at 8:18 pm #

And I’ve never done it before but felt it necessary because there is such a thing as protocol for members of the RF, e.g. women have to wear stockings when they are with the Queen.

• justme March 8, 2019 at 3:02 pm #

lmbo @ this fake concern

• meme March 8, 2019 at 3:59 pm #

Take a pill. It was a joke.

• Caitlin March 9, 2019 at 1:22 pm #

I would never wear a dress this short to a work event, and I’m not in the BRF. I honestly think MM’s team must be useless or have something against her.

13. meme March 8, 2019 at 2:31 pm #

Neck up she looks really lovely. I like the dress and the jacket but I do think the dress is too short.

I won’t mention the constant belly cupping LOL

• dedel March 8, 2019 at 2:51 pm #

Just stop talking about this belly cupping we get it you don’t like it. And that’s not the place LOL