Menu

16.01.19

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Roland Mouret - The Cirque du Soleil Premiere Of 'TOTEM'

It’s amazing how three good looks in a row can renew your optimism for someone’s style.

That someone is Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, who is frankly is on the best roll of her life style-wise.

Who knew I would only have to wait a year to type those words?

Markle has her sparkle back, and on this occasion she looked radiant in Roland Mouret’s Sarandon gown worn to the Cirque du Soleil Premiere Of ‘TOTEM’ held at Royal Albert Hall on Wednesday (January 16) in London.

The Resort 2019 gown offers a softer stance on the designers signature tailoring, which would’ve provided comfort for the Duchess at this seated event.

Blanketed by glimmering sequins, the floor-length gown does posses the designer famed folds and drapes cascading from the skirt.

Making the most of the split, the Duchess showed off the celebrity-approved ‘Nudist’ sandals from Stuart Weitzman, with her favourite Givenchy clutch completing her look.

Roland Mouret Sarandon Sequin Gown
Roland Mouret, Harvey Nichols and Neiman Marcus

Credit: Getty

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features César Revelations 2019 with Berenice Bejo, Monica Bellucci, Diane Rouxel, Lily-Rose Depp

César Revelations 2019

Adriana Lima's Brandon Maxwell One-Shoulder Gown

Adriana Lima’s Brandon Maxwell One-Shoulder Gown

36 Responses to Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Roland Mouret – The Cirque du Soleil Premiere Of ‘TOTEM’

1. pinksugar January 17, 2019 at 5:46 pm #

I don’t find this shocking as she has always been an example of impeccable style since getting with Harry. I love that she is having more fun though, glamour really suits her.

2. Sandria January 17, 2019 at 12:10 pm #

I thought the Duchess looked radiant in the dress. It’s a learning process as a first time expectant mum dressing your bump. To the people criticising her for touching her bump once again it’s a perfectly natural thing to do when pregnant, don’t be so critical. Her makeup looked lovely for an evening look.

3. VG January 17, 2019 at 11:16 am #

Her last two looks were great but this isn’t IMO. I hate the hem, it just looks weird. I do like her makeup though

4. SilentVisitor January 17, 2019 at 11:10 am #

Another great look!!!! I love it but I think the makeup is slightly on the heavy side

Her face is close to perfection; she is a stunning woman and she does not need so much makeup

Love the red lips too; I can’t recall seeing her with it before…….might be wrong

5. Amy January 17, 2019 at 10:19 am #

Quite nice. I like the color and the shoes.

6. aa January 17, 2019 at 9:16 am #

I think Meghan looks amazing. I hope she keeps wearing more interesting clothes.

7. A January 17, 2019 at 6:13 am #

Why is her hand on tummy all the time, everywhere!

• Camilla January 17, 2019 at 8:25 am #

I know. Fashion aside, she needs to chill her belly cupping.

• Milla B. January 17, 2019 at 10:19 am #

Won’t somebody please think of the children???

• Tamm January 17, 2019 at 12:38 pm #

Yes how dare someone put their hand on their belly. What is she thinking and thanks goodness we have the belly cupping police on it!

8. Nat123 January 17, 2019 at 2:36 am #

I think this dress is boring and weird. It looks like a top with a weird out of place hem paired with a plain long skirt. Plus, the color is the ever boring blue must of us are tired of seeing her wearing.

• kane January 20, 2019 at 10:27 pm #

I can’t really explain it but have the exact same reaction. If only she had worn Victoria’s dress (see below)

9. Saudin January 17, 2019 at 1:56 am #

Ohh God, ya’ll need to chill ‘cus it’s just a plain, simple sequined dress…

• miszzel January 17, 2019 at 7:19 am #

Really, that’s nothing special, her purple look was just soooo much better, vibrant colours are perfect for her meanwhile this dress looks quite cheap to me with that lining…

• Caroline January 17, 2019 at 2:44 pm #

Agreed. This look would be nothing on someone else.

• brat January 18, 2019 at 12:56 am #

+1 to all three, nothing but the truth. If this was a GG look, it would be featured in the roundup with all the others, unworthy of it’s own post.

• Jess January 17, 2019 at 5:12 pm #

+1 (or I guess +3).

I cannot understand the fawning. This is a regular sequined gown. It has a split up the front. That’s about it. I do not see anything particularly interesting or fashionable about it – the only thing that makes it glamorous is the sequins … which can be applicable to all gowns with sequins.

I suppose it fits her. Or at least, it is dark/sparkly enough that you cannot really see any fit issues. That is a big improvement for her.

10. Jas January 17, 2019 at 1:41 am #

Gorgeous! She looks fantastic! Makeup is a little heavy and mature for my liking though (maybe it’s just the overload of bronzer).

11. malluu January 17, 2019 at 12:51 am #

I love this look! She should wear Roland Mouret more often, it suits her so well. Also, the bracelet belonged to Princess Diana. She’s worn it once before on the tour.

12. TeaAtTwo January 16, 2019 at 10:45 pm #

Good to see her a designer who shows in London. I like her hair and make-up too.

13. olga January 16, 2019 at 10:39 pm #

To me the dress looks too tight, the split is unflattering and the makeup is too heavy, so I really don’t get the enthusiasm.

It’s very similar to this gown worn by Victoria of Sweden back in 2015

• Catherine Kallon January 16, 2019 at 10:59 pm #

good spot

• MW January 16, 2019 at 11:53 pm #

+1 I like the lip but the bronzer is awful. In one shot it looks like she has a brown patch on the forehead. Completely agree on the split, it makes the dress look off!

• Nat123 January 17, 2019 at 2:38 am #

I agree. The make up made the look worst. Plus, it is just a plain blue sequined dress that everyone would agree it is boring if it was someone else wearing.

• MW January 17, 2019 at 12:19 pm #

Very true! They have these in every evening wear department, cheap or expensive.

• Eva January 17, 2019 at 2:51 pm #

Whilst I think this is a successful look, I do agree that had it been someone other than Meghan it wouldn’t have gotten such reactions. That being said, it fits and she looks nice.

• Alice January 17, 2019 at 5:16 pm #

Agreed. It’s literally just a plain navy sequined gown with sleeves and a slit. There is nothing special about it. In fact, H&M has a whole rack of sequined gowns that are similar, in a variety of colors.

The only reason people are oohing and aahing over it is because she is wearing it. I will admit it is miles better than the poorly fitting, overly tight, inappropriate for the occasion, or just generally unflattering dresses she has worn over this past year.

14. brat January 16, 2019 at 10:29 pm #

I like the blue/sequins combo and this is one of her better evening looks. It’s nice but nothing special. I have a pretty low bar for Meghan.

She has beautiful hair, I’m tired of the slicked back bun.

15. justme January 16, 2019 at 10:13 pm #

She probably doesn’t want to show favoritism towards Roland since he’s her friend but Meghan should definitely wear more of his designs. He does RIGHT by her.

I would have died if the dress was emerald but she looks bomb regardless.

16. Leah January 16, 2019 at 10:05 pm #

I think she’s overdressed considering everyone else is wearing cocktail dresses and lounge suits but she looks absolutely stunning so I don’t mind. It’s clearly my favorite out of the last 3 (I didn’t like the bright purple/bright red combo although yay for color and I thought the H&M dress was too tight). But nonetheless, her 3 outfits in 2019 are way better than most of her 2018 outfits so I’m very happy!

17. Ames January 16, 2019 at 9:33 pm #

Wonderful look!! The haters are really gonna have to stretch to find something to complain about!

• meme January 17, 2019 at 2:37 pm #

I don’t hate her. I just think her makeup is harsh.

18. Fee January 16, 2019 at 9:28 pm #

Love this and especially love her makeup.

19. Eva January 16, 2019 at 9:27 pm #

Agreed. I didn’t share the love for her two previous looks, but this is perfect! I love the lip and clean bun.

20. meme January 16, 2019 at 9:22 pm #

Her dress is nice though her makeup people are a little heavy handed with the contouring. Loathe those Nudist sandals.

21. Charlotte January 16, 2019 at 9:18 pm #

Oh yes, this is perfect from head to toe !!