Menu

Blake Lively In Brunello Cucinelli – Out In New York City

Blake Lively In Brunello Cucinelli - Out In New York City

If you’re sick of Blake Lively wearing suits, you have to at least admire the woman’s commitment to this run and promotion of this movie.

Chances are you won’t forget it, so for Blake, it’s mission accomplished.

Her 1,389th suit saw her opt for Brunello Cucinelli once again while attending press engagements on Tuesday (September 11) in New York City.

Tailored to the point of perfection, her brown, white, and burgundy plaid wool captures the brand’s signature refinement.

Wearing a blouse on this occasion, the actress opted to highlight the cropped, wide-leg of the trousers with the Christian Louboutin ‘Crapadonna’ studded brogues she’s worn once before on this promo tour.

Wrapping up the autumnal toned look with a tan leather coat, shades and a box bag, I would say this is one of her best of this run.

When asked if there was a certain reason behind her new look at the New York premiere she said, “I just thought the way he (Paul Feig, who directs ‘A Simple Favor’) dressed is so beautiful.”

“I thought that like, I don’t understand why when a woman wears a suit it has to be like unbuttoned to here or no shirt, or a necklace or whatever, that’s also great, but I also think why can’t we also?” she questions. “Why can’t it be just as sexy when we’re wearing a tight bowtie and pocket square and floret and watches and rings?”

“I think that if sexuality comes out of that and you’re that covered it’s even more you know powerful.”

Brunello Cucinelli Belted Plaid Wool Blazer
Brunello Cucinelli Checked Wool-Crepe Wide-Leg Pants

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Kate Beckinsale In Marchesa - Tea Party After Dark Event

Kate Beckinsale In Marchesa – Tea Party After Dark Event

Elle Fanning In Miu Miu - The HFPA And InStyle's TIFF Party

Elle Fanning In Miu Miu & Oscar de la Renta – The HFPA And InStyle’s TIFF Party & ‘I Think We’re Alone Now’ New York Screening

10 Responses to Blake Lively In Brunello Cucinelli – Out In New York City

1. Jas September 14, 2018 at 02:37 #

Cate Blanchett did the suit thing for Ocean’s 7 and she pulled it off looking very chic in most looks. Blake, on the other hand, has totally overcooked every look and it’s all very try-hard.

2. Laura September 14, 2018 at 01:16 #

If mission accomplished for the press tour was for no one would forget how horribly she styled 100 suits then yeah? I don’t have a problem with any of the suits she wore my issue is with how she choose to style them. However I will never forget how much better she looked in the movie.

• CreoleLady September 14, 2018 at 01:50 #

“I don’t have a problem with any of the suits she wore my issue is with how she choose to style them.” ITA.

Take this look. I cannot even see the suit, which I like, esp that jacket. Plus, what NYC is she in, it’s sweltering. She needs a stylist who can refine her look because she is no stylist herself.

• Alina September 15, 2018 at 10:48 #

Exactly.

3. meme September 13, 2018 at 14:43 #

I can’t really see the suit on her but I love it from the pictures of the pants and jacket. She overworks everything and this is no exception.

4. Lashae September 13, 2018 at 14:19 #

This is really great suit….just not for Blake. She doesn’t have the persona nor the personality imo to rock this suit nor the many she’s worn recently.

• TinaL September 13, 2018 at 23:11 #

5. AMikaelson September 13, 2018 at 14:00 #

Not a fan of her outfits lately. She looks overdressed.

6. Chris September 13, 2018 at 13:55 #

This is okay.

7. TeaAtTwo September 13, 2018 at 13:34 #

I can actually get behind this look, it doesn’t feel like a caricature of so try hard though I’m not keen on those particular brogues.