Menu

Blake Lively In Brunello Cucinelli – Out In New York City

Blake Lively In velvet Brunello Cucinelli - Out In New York City

Blake Lively was spotted leaving her hotel en route to a photo shoot in New York City today (August 17), and it would appear that she’s over summer dressing if this Brunello Cucinelli three-piece look is anything to go by.

For the last two summers we have witness an really strange velvet trend on the red carpet.

Even the fellas are getting into summer velvet mood, but Blake took things further with not one, but three pieces of velvet, which saw her layer her blazers – but she did keep things breezy by going braless though.

Now, you know I have a mild obsession with Blake Lively, so you may feel I’m being biased when I say I love the look.

Not only for the luxe autumnal feel, but also for the ’70s inspired vibe get from her striking shade of those petrol blue trousers.

Would love it more in September when temperatures call for this heavy fabrication?

Absolutely, but she’s rocking it now.

Brunello Cucinelli Velvet Blazer

Credit: Vogue.com & Backgrid

Ruth Wilson In Carolina Herrera, Monse & Natasha Zinko - SiriusXM, Build Series & 'The Little Stranger' New York Premiere

Ruth Wilson In Carolina Herrera, Monse & Natasha Zinko – SiriusXM, Build Series & ‘The Little Stranger’ New York Premiere

Menswear Red Carpet Roundup

Menswear Red Carpet Roundup

18 Responses to Blake Lively In Brunello Cucinelli – Out In New York City

1. amy August 19, 2018 at 21:50 #

I like the color combo and the trousers. But it looks ridiculous in summer and the no shirt look is meh

2. Phee August 19, 2018 at 09:51 #

The color combo is rather striking.
    I have given up on the whole seasonal thing, as of this season, because everyone then does it wrong.
    I like it. Its interesting combo. pretty

3. P August 18, 2018 at 19:00 #

I only like the colours. I really don’t like the proportions, I don’t even mind the fact that it’s velvet. I would have loved it if it was worn as in the lookbook and with different accessories.

4. Jerusa Herrera August 18, 2018 at 01:18 #

My girl Blake you know I love you, and I don’t care if it’s hot, cold or whatever but why are you wearing two blazers and nothing underneth? Craziest outfit of the year. Is a NO for me too.

5. kat August 17, 2018 at 22:45 #

Nope, nopity, nope. I don’t mind velvet in summer – but layering two blazers is just ridiculous regardless of season and material. Unless you’re stranded in the tundra with nothing else to wear.

6. SilentVisitor August 17, 2018 at 21:44 #

The humidity is horrible in NYC at the moment, just horrible!!!……… I suppose she is probably going from one super AC’ed place to the car, from there to another place with AC but this is hard No.

This look would have been a NO even in the fall/winter; the idea of wearing two jackets is just ridiculous; this has fashion victim written all over it

7. pinksugar August 17, 2018 at 21:42 #

It’s way too humid for that outfit, but Blake sells the look in a way only she can.

8. Dana August 17, 2018 at 20:18 #

As someone living in Texas, I’m having second hand sweats on her behalf. This much velvet in the dog days of August? It doesn’t work for me.

9. MG August 17, 2018 at 19:19 #

who goes on the street topless wearing 2 blazers?? It’s not even about velvet in summer any more. The idea behind this styling is ridiculous. FIRM NO

10. Lara August 17, 2018 at 18:57 #

I once commented that I don’t understand why people cannot mix fabrics outside of their assigned “seasons”. In my view, if the look works, it works, regardless of season. Why can’t a summer dress be worn indoors in winter?

But with this look, I will shut my mouth. This look is the answer I need to “why can’t velvet be worn in summer”? I love Blake, but this is ridiculous. It is 31 degrees!

11. Laura August 17, 2018 at 18:56 #

I love how Megan Markle wears navy to summer wedding and its totally unacceptable but Blake wears TWO velvet jackets mid August and she’s totally rocking that look lol.

• CreoleLady August 17, 2018 at 22:28 #

That thought about the Duchess of Sussex in navy crossed my mind too. How are two — not one, two –velvet jackets plus velvet pants in steamy NYC anything other than laughable?

She looks ridiculous.

• Alina August 18, 2018 at 09:02 #

That makes us three, because the same thought about Meghan crossed my mind too.

This outfit is just absurd. She’s trying way too hard to be fashionable.

• justme August 18, 2018 at 16:04 #

I concur. This is highly laughable.

12. TeaAtTwo August 17, 2018 at 18:56 #

Yeah, seasonality and climate should play a part of style, this just just seems a rush to wear new clothes regardless of appropriateness.

13. JHH August 17, 2018 at 17:50 #

This is a hard no from me. Of course, she looks good. She is Blake Lively after all but this outfit is ridiculous, especially in August in NYC.

• James August 17, 2018 at 18:13 #

Ditto! No one has EVER been able to sell me velvet but in summer? Issa NO for me! Velvet either screams 80’s nostalgia or fancy PJ’s 🙁

• meme August 17, 2018 at 18:59 #

+1 … it’s been hella hot in NYC and wearing two blazers is just dumb no matter what time of year it is.