Menu

October 5, 2017 Premiere, Runway To Red Carpet

Mary J. Blige In Elizabeth Kennedy – ‘Mudbound’ London Film Festival Premiere

I can’t say I’ve ever been a fan of Mary J. Blige’s style – until now.

The singer/actress looked breathtaking on the red carpet this evening (October 5) for the London Film Festival premiere of ‘Mudbound’.

Much like Claire Foy, the actress scored a red carpet PB in her Elizabeth Kennedy Resort 2018 gown.

I love how the elegant floor-sweeping silhouette evokes a feeling of Old Hollywood glamour, and stand collar and bow detail sets this apart from the typical black red carpet gown.

I’m sure many are disappointed, but not surprised by the fur stole.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Tracee Ellis Ross In Preen -  CBS' 'The Carol Burnett Show 50th Anniversary

Tracee Ellis Ross In Preen – CBS’ ‘The Carol Burnett Show 50th Anniversary

Kerry Washington takes New York by storm in Cushnie et Ochs & Faith Connexion

Kerry Washington takes New York by storm in Cushnie et Ochs & Faith Connexion

14 Responses to Mary J. Blige In Elizabeth Kennedy – ‘Mudbound’ London Film Festival Premiere

1. Jerusa Herrera October 6, 2017 at 3:03 pm #

Even with the fur, she looks aaaaamazing! Very old Hollywood as you said FC. Do I wish the hair color was a bit more toned down? YES, but she’s Mary J J. Blige I don’t think she does “toned down” very often.

2. Alina October 6, 2017 at 6:11 am #

Take off the fur, dye the hair in a flattering colour, put it in a nice messy bun and then we’re talking.

• Schoolbea October 6, 2017 at 1:05 pm #

Point by point.

• Jerusa Herrera October 6, 2017 at 2:56 pm #

But then I wouldn’t be her, she’s a rapper!

3. Christine October 6, 2017 at 12:24 am #

I like this sans fur.

4. alvarospain October 5, 2017 at 10:16 pm #

I love this.

5. james October 5, 2017 at 9:12 pm #

I hate fur but she looks the best she has looked in years. I just wish she would consider going for a more natural weave or hair color. The blonde hair she keeps wearing ages her and doesn’t suit her skin tone same for Beyonce.

6. TeaAtTwo October 5, 2017 at 9:06 pm #

I’m more offended by the hair than the fur tbh.

7. Vallath October 5, 2017 at 8:54 pm #

I want Mary in big designers, not B-list designers.

Don’t tell me big A-List designers won’t dress living legend Queen Mary J. effing Blige but they’ll dress Kate Bosworth…

I feel like with Mary and Viola Davis it’s a combo of them and their stylist not being [aware of not being] sartorially ambitious and the designers themselves not reaching out, ahem, because it doesn’t challenge the status quo to dress the Kate Bosworths and Blake Livelys. And the A-List designers can afford to make clothes in their size.

When Viola FINALLY wore Armani Prive, I was like, ‘Elizabeth, you’re SO late, what does that say about you and the fashion industry?’

I want Mary in Atelier Versace, Armani Prive, Stéphane Rolland Couture, sparkly Givenchy Couture, and Jean Paul Gaultier Couture. Maybe even some passe-at-this-point-but-amazfresh-on-Mary glam Elie Saab Couture. I’d also love for Mary to wear some glam Mugler and David Koma. Maybe some Halpern. And custom Marc Jacobssss. Mary could kill in Monse too.

8. meme October 5, 2017 at 8:50 pm #

She’s wearing dead animals. Gross.

• james October 5, 2017 at 9:14 pm #

I have personally loved most of Viola’s looks this year especially her Oscar dress. But I agree with the rest of your comment.

• meme October 6, 2017 at 1:10 am #

This isn’t Viola; it’s Mary J Blige. Viola ROCKS her fashion.

• Vallath October 6, 2017 at 2:08 am #

I’m talking about the status that clothes give. Why is Viola David wearing Jenny Packham but Blake Lively is more likely to get Armani Prive before Viola and Mary J. Blige. I’m making a larger point about race and status in Hollywood and the fashion industry. Don’t say, ‘Well the Blake Livelys fit the brand’ or, ‘Well it costs the brands money to make something that isn’t the sample…’ No excuse for why it took forever for Viola to wear Armani Prive when two seconds ago she was wearing B-List Jenny Packham or why Mary J. Blige is wearing Elizabeth Kennedy. She has worn Versace but she’s also worn Reem Acra…

There is a point to hierarchy in Hollywood and there is a point to hierarchy with designers. I like them to correspond to each other.

My point is, with women of color, their career doesn’t reflect the clothes they are offered.

9. Caroline October 5, 2017 at 8:28 pm #

Though kinda dated I think this really suits her and she looks very elegant.