Menu

Julianne Moore joined George Clooney and Matt Damon for the ‘Suburbicon’ photocall and premiere, which took place during the 74th Annual Venice Film Festival today (September 2).

Photocall: Judging from her previous look, whimsy was the red carpet M.O. for Julianne during the photocalls for this festival. Her Louis Vutton Resort 2018 dress featuring a Kabuki-inspired embroidery added a fun, characterful element to her look. I would’ve loved a lighter sandal here.

Premiere: I have desperately been trying to find something to love about this Valentino Fall 2017 Couture look, but I failed. Yes, even with shimmering eyelash fringing and emerald Chopard jewels that complemented her layered crop, the look fell a little flat. I’m disappointed because I expected a bit more for this event. Looking at this, the best analogy I can give you to describe this look is – driving with the handbrake on.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Amal Clooney In Atelier Versace - 'Suburbicon' Venice Film Festival Premiere

Amal Clooney In Atelier Versace – ‘Suburbicon’ Venice Film Festival Premiere

Luciana Damon In Marchesa - ‘Suburbicon’ Venice Film Festival Premiere

Luciana Damon In Marchesa – ‘Suburbicon’ Venice Film Festival Premiere

26 Responses to Julianne Moore In Louis Vuitton & Valentino Couture – ‘Suburbicon’ Venice Film Festival Photocall & Premiere

1. Kat September 5, 2017 at 3:12 am #

I adore both!!!!!

2. gabis September 4, 2017 at 1:48 pm #

LOVE both looks. Julianne is a vision here!

3. Paolo September 4, 2017 at 1:37 pm #

I’m with the ones loving the Valentino gown: it’s current and fresh and she wears it effortlessly. I’m in love!

4. Sanya September 4, 2017 at 9:04 am #

For me this Valentino is a BDOTW worthy look. I think its spectacular. She wears it gracefully.

5. Stephanie September 4, 2017 at 5:20 am #

i want to love the Valentino but in the end it just feels like a luxurious sack of a dress. i don’t love the color on her. The dress feels very preteen to me, like black sports bra peaking out because I want you to know i’m old enough to wear a bra now kind of thing. it couldve been better in another color. oh well…

6. Pheephee September 3, 2017 at 6:57 pm #

I really love the Valentino on her….I mean, I usually am soooo against anything she wears but I think this is a fabulous dress for her.
    Its a good color for her surprisingly, its a flowy design which surprisingly works perfect for her body, even the hair I shockingly cant complain about.
    The first one looks good too. These two looks are hits and thats a rare thing for her imo.
    Im amazed by the dislike of the Valentino.

7. Marie September 3, 2017 at 6:13 pm #

Photocall is a fun look, perfect for the occasion.
    The Valentino doesn’t look horrible, which is quite an accomplishment with such a shapeless dress. She wears it with grace and confidence and kind of makes it work better then anyone else could, which is just her fashion MO in general.

8. Meme September 3, 2017 at 2:36 pm #

Both are beyond fugly. Hideous dresses. She needs a new stylist.

9. Melissa September 3, 2017 at 2:23 pm #

I truly can’t believe you don’t like the Valentino. I think it’s magic. It’s one of those looks that are perfection on a runway but you have a hard time seeing it work on a red carpet. Seemingly destined for editorial. She absolutely nailed it. This will be one of my favorite looks of the year.

• JHH September 3, 2017 at 5:58 pm #

Yes, I’m with you. I am shocked at how many people hate this dress. This is definitely a love hate dress and I am on the love side.

10. Alina September 3, 2017 at 6:03 am #

I think both of these are cool.

The LV is a fun little dress for a photocall. I really like her choice of lipstick.

The Valentino is something different for her, but it works. The colour is nice with her hair, the simple styling is on point and Julianne carries it gracefully.

I can only wish to be this cool at 56 years old.

• ChristinA September 3, 2017 at 1:48 pm #

+1 etirely.

• Natasha September 3, 2017 at 3:55 pm #

+2! Love the lipstick and effortless edge of the LV look.

11. CreoleLady September 2, 2017 at 10:30 pm #

What fresh hell is this? The first is a sparkly sack with colored things appliqued on it, accessorized with those infernal thick ankle straps she loves to wear. The second is an affront to the name “Valentino”. Ugh x 2.

• Caroline September 3, 2017 at 2:31 am #

• Lashae September 3, 2017 at 2:42 am #

• The original AB September 4, 2017 at 10:31 am #

12. Jerusa Herrera September 2, 2017 at 10:08 pm #

“driving with the handbrake on” I’m laughing so hard FC!!

13. SilentVisitor September 2, 2017 at 9:17 pm #

I only like her LV look.

14. Boy September 2, 2017 at 8:42 pm #

I’m in love with both looks, she looks so fresh and modern.

• Kat September 3, 2017 at 11:02 am #

I love both so much

15. Chris September 2, 2017 at 8:02 pm #

I would’ve preferred a different sandal, too, but besides that, I think the photocall look is really cool. And I actually love the Valentino. It was one of the most interesting looks from that collection but not the easiest thing to pull off on a carpet, but I think she makes it work really well as a red carpet look. I’m pretty impressed, she took a risk and it paid off to me, it’s modern and gorgeous.

• JHH September 2, 2017 at 9:36 pm #

+1 I agree with you completely about the Valentino.

• JHH September 2, 2017 at 9:37 pm #

And I really like the first look even with the shoes.

• Denise September 4, 2017 at 7:06 am #

I agree too! She looks so fresh and youthful. So much better than the model. She makes it work somehow. I’ m amazed by this woman!

• Schoolbea September 4, 2017 at 12:06 am #