Menu

September 2, 2017 Premiere, Runway To Red Carpet

Luciana Damon In Marchesa – ‘Suburbicon’ Venice Film Festival Premiere

It was definitely ladies night at the ‘Suburbicon’ premiere during the 74th Annual Venice Film Festival this evening (September 2), where Matt Damon and George Clooney attended with their beautiful wives.

I love the emerald hue of her Marchesa Pre-Fall 2017 draped gown, but that is where the love ends.

There needed to be a bit more grooming or a better fit to smooth out the waist.

And the hair is a tad “mother of the bride” for me.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Julianne Moore In Louis Vuitton & Valentino Couture - ‘Suburbicon’ Venice Film Festival Photocall & Premiere

Julianne Moore In Louis Vuitton & Valentino Couture – ‘Suburbicon’ Venice Film Festival Photocall & Premiere

Rebecca Hall In Prada - ‘Suburbicon’ Venice Film Festival Premiere

Rebecca Hall In Prada – ‘Suburbicon’ Venice Film Festival Premiere

20 Responses to Luciana Damon In Marchesa – ‘Suburbicon’ Venice Film Festival Premiere

1. Anna September 4, 2017 at 12:30 am #

Luciana is not a celebrity. She’s just married to one. She’s a mom and normal person dressed up. And this is what a normal person will look like- poor posture, creases, and not so tall. Why she was even featured here for others to comment is already unfair and unkind. Why not comment on Matt Damon’s suit? Please let’s not subject a normal person to expectations to look like models and celebs. She looks ordinary and that’s ok. In fact, it’s great.

• SilentVisitor September 4, 2017 at 4:57 am #

So ‘normal’ (whatever that means) people have poor posture and creases? Going by what I assume is your definition, she is far from being a normal person. I doubt a lot ‘normal’ people have access to Atelier Versace….So by your point, celebrities aren’t mothers as well? Not all tall people are models or celebrities or vice versa for that matter

I don’t see what is unfair in the comments below. She looked great in Atelier Versace and was praised for it ( I didn’t see such comment then ) but as soon as non-appreciative comments appear, suddenly the tone changes.

She doesn’t look good in this dress and I think it is OK to say so.

• justme September 4, 2017 at 10:27 am #

My thoughts exactly.

• Jerusa Herrera September 4, 2017 at 3:00 pm #

Agreed 100%

2. Schoolbea September 4, 2017 at 12:08 am #

No. Fit, fabric, not even the colour is working here IMO (particularly with those earrings in a different shade of green).

I have to admit I like it on the lookbook, but I feel like it’s one of those dresses that only looks good in a heavily photoshopped image, without creases, perfect ruffles and insanely elongated legs.

3. Pheephee September 3, 2017 at 6:49 pm #

No. Nothing is working here at all.

4. Marie September 3, 2017 at 6:17 pm #

Besides her presentation being not the best, I actually think the dress was completely horrible to begin with. Even on the model the seams on the top look a tiny bit crinkled. If that happens even in a lookbook, where everything looks unrealistically perfect, this will never be a great look.
    I agree that some others might have made it work, but that’s all – no one would’ve looked spectacular in it.

5. Meme September 3, 2017 at 2:38 pm #

This is a mess but at least I can’t see her underwear.

6. Jerusa Herrera September 2, 2017 at 10:49 pm #

Tragic! I cannot understand how something like this happens, they have eyes, mirrors (not to mention stylists) If they see it doesn’t fit her WHY?! WHY?! Its not like she doesn’t have anything else to wear.

• Noemi September 3, 2017 at 11:15 am #

I think the posture is also a problem, here. Hers worsens the bad fit of the dress

7. justme September 2, 2017 at 10:05 pm #

Fit issues aside, this dress needs someone with stellar posture to look good.

8. JHH September 2, 2017 at 9:56 pm #

It’s a shame about the fit issues and Luciana’s posture because this dress is lovely and deserves a better showing.

• Caroline September 3, 2017 at 2:30 am #

• Lashae September 3, 2017 at 2:43 am #

• Alina September 3, 2017 at 5:50 am #

+3. Emma Stone, Nicole Kidman or Elizabeth Debicki should give it a second try.

• Noemi September 3, 2017 at 11:17 am #

+ 4. The biggest issue here is the posture, someone else would look regal. I would see Diane Kruger with this dress, or Amal Clooney, just to mention a couple of names

• JHH September 3, 2017 at 5:54 pm #

Amal Clooney would be great. Same for Angelina Jolie. Lots of women could make this dress work. It would be easier for a tall woman (5′ 6″ and above) but hemming would make it work for a shorter one like Jessica Chastain. It really is a shame about Luciana’s posture here.

9. SilentVisitor September 2, 2017 at 8:44 pm #

OMG she destroyed a beautiful dress…….

• SilentVisitor September 2, 2017 at 9:17 pm #

I wish someone like Nicole Kidman had gotten her hands on that dress first

10. Chris September 2, 2017 at 8:23 pm #

Her Versace was a lot better. The color is definitely gorgeous, but fabric and especially fit are not.

(btw, a little off topic, but did you see the photos of Jennifer Lawrence in an epic Elie Saab suit in New York the other day, FC?)