Menu

August 28, 2017 Runway To Red Carpet

With the spirit of JLo coursing through her veins, Hailey Baldwin required two looks for the 2017 MTV Video Music Awards on Sunday (August 27) .

Opting for two shock value jumpsuits, I have to say I’m leaning more to the Zuhair Murad Fall 2017 Couture piece styled with Jennifer Fisher earrings.

The embellishments gives the look an air of sexy glamour which we expect at the VMAs, but the Alexandre Vauthier Fall 2017 Couture sheer lace look just screams “attention seeking”.

While some will say, “what’s the difference?” For me it has none of the finesse I see in the first look.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Vanessa Hudgens In Yanina Couture - 2017 MTV VMAs

Vanessa Hudgens In Yanina Couture – 2017 MTV VMAs

Yara Shahidi In Zimmermann & Rodarte - 2017 MTV VMAs

Yara Shahidi In Zimmermann & Rodarte – 2017 MTV VMAs

19 Responses to Hailey Baldwin In Zuhair Murad Couture & Alexandre Vauthier Couture- 2017 MTV VMAs

1. charlotte August 30, 2017 at 3:55 am #

Serious Question: what dose this girl do and why is she at every major event?

2. Marie August 28, 2017 at 7:56 pm #

I feel like the mere presence of the second look next to the first ruins the whole thing and I’m just like “please don’t”. Like some kind of super-contagious fashion-virus.

3. Sanya August 28, 2017 at 6:40 pm #

Two not so great looks. They are both dated, we have seen this many times before. I do think that the first look has more sofistication than the second one, but still a big NO.

4. Maya August 28, 2017 at 4:40 pm #

I agree, I like the first look. I might actually love it. It has an icy sexiness to it. But I really really dislike the second look. I don’t get the appeal of wearing lacy bodysuits at all.

5. Kelly August 28, 2017 at 4:35 pm #

HOW DOES A ‘MODEL’ CONSISTENTLY TAKE SUCH AWFUL PHOTOS? I see no spirit of J Lo here, only the spirit of an adult store that specializes in on-stage outfits for, uh, ‘dancers’.

The difference here between her and J Lo is that Ms Lopez flaunts her curves with confidence, not desperation. J Lo wears outfits like this at awards shows where she is nominated, or red carpet events for her projects. Ms Baldwin wears these outfits to events where she is little more a seat filler who has received a modicum of attention because she is the offspring of a Baldwin brother who’s big claim to fame was a few 90s movies. Ms Baldwin does not posses the poise, range, or, to be honest, the face, that is normally required of models. But she does have several million Instagram followers and apparently that a model makes in the year 2017. Her fashion missteps aren’t even exciting or interesting, they are just plain ugly and unoriginal. I am bored to tears with this current crop of ‘models’ and will refrain from commenting on posts on Ms. Baldwin in the future because I struggle to find anything positive to say.

6. JHH August 28, 2017 at 3:30 pm #

A resounding no to both of these looks. Maybe if she had worn the cape with the first one, it might have been okay.

7. meme August 28, 2017 at 3:07 pm #

I can’t with this nepotism wanna be model. Both looks are tacky and she reeks of desperation.

8. Crystalline August 28, 2017 at 1:39 pm #

I kinda like the last picture. Her face is just very pretty i.m.o. but I don’t like her outfits. Even the first outfit looks very tacky from the back.

9. Christine August 28, 2017 at 12:11 pm #

Both looks are tacky and dated

• Alina August 28, 2017 at 2:59 pm #

+1.

10. Fiona-Brasil August 28, 2017 at 12:00 pm #

The first look : yes, kind of cute.
    The second : all kinds of bad!

11. Chris August 28, 2017 at 11:58 am #

These are both a bit on the dated/tacky side, but the first one is definitely better.

• Caroline August 29, 2017 at 2:17 am #

12. amy August 28, 2017 at 11:52 am #

first look: she’s worn that type of outfit before. nothing new
    second look: yikes.

13. Sully August 28, 2017 at 10:15 am #

The Zuhair Murad outfit is almost perfect, it just really needed the cape IMO.

• Mimi August 28, 2017 at 11:16 am #

+1 that would’ve been cool and added extra drama!

14. AnnaP August 28, 2017 at 9:28 am #

The Zuhair Murad look is actually beautiful and suits her so well. The second look is ridiculous. Shocks me that she can look sensational and stupid in the space of a few hours.

• SilentVisitor August 29, 2017 at 1:58 am #

Agree

She has fantastic legs……..but second outfit is just too much

15. Charlotte August 28, 2017 at 9:25 am #

The first look feels really dated.
    The second one : WDOTY for sure!